Scared of the Chinese?

...takeaway, that is...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Scared of the Chinese?

#141  Postby felltoearth » Feb 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:Straw man. :yawn:

How? Show your work.

Because I never said it'd make sense for you to go around Chinatown on your commute, of FUCKING course! Jesus sprung a leak...

No, you said there was a risk from eating a prawn chip. Please show me where any health agency has said the virus is food borne.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#142  Postby felltoearth » Feb 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:I asked you where you got your information from. Did you not see that bit?

I've heard it time and time again that the virus can be spread by hand to mouth contact.

Eating a prawn chip someone has coughed on is not the same as hand to mouth contact. Please educate yourself.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#143  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 12:55 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:I asked you where you got your information from. Did you not see that bit?

I've heard it time and time again that the virus can be spread by hand to mouth contact.

Oh, you heard it. So you are calling me ignorant and stupid for stating a clinically proven route of transition based solely on what you claim you’ve ‘heard’. Well that doesn’t seem mental at all. :roll: The brass neck of you. Honestly.

Also, you said ingestion, not hand to mouth contact. Where is your evidence that the virus is transmitted via ingestion?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Are you just pulling words at random out of a dictionary now?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#145  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Butthurt? :rofl: hardly.

What you wrote shows you think/thought that the only means of transmission.

Bollocks, that's not at all what was written - another strawman.

Keep It Real wrote:STUPID! The virus can be spread by other means - any form of ingestion, for example.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's one of the three typical transmission vectors for viruses which is still unknown in the case of this corona virus.

Keep It Real wrote:Eg Wuhan holidaying chef coughs on the cool, cooked prawn crackers, customer eats prawn crackers...

Wuhan holidaying chef - gods your vacuous bigotry is really imaginative, isn't it?

Go look up how transmission occurs, then pretend to know what you're talking about.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#146  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:If the chef is on holiday why is he cooking for customers and is he from Wuhan or is he in Wuhan? I don't understand this scenario.

He recently holidayed in Wuhan, say, visiting relatives to celebrate Chinese new Year, and is now back in Blighty preparing the prawn crackers in the Chinese Takeaway he work in.

This imaginative scenario obviously hasn't been paying any attention to the news in the real world in which Wuhan is under quarantine.

Similarly, it is also pretending that medical checks aren't made for arrivals from China.

Finally, it's a really carefully crafted piece of racism - good job!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#147  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 11, 2020 1:01 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

How? Show your work.

Because I never said it'd make sense for you to go around Chinatown on your commute, of FUCKING course! Jesus sprung a leak...

Aye, as I thought: you don't know what 'straw man' means.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#148  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Considering there are pissed off Vancouverites being quarantined in Wuhan, complaining no one cares about them, I really don't think our holidaying chef friend is a) back from that trip or b) permitted to work, much less in food service.

We know this virus spreads through air. Other coronaviruses can spread through shaking hands, then touching your face. Maybe this one can. Maybe it can't. We don't know.
Last edited by Rachel Bronwyn on Feb 11, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#149  Postby Hermit » Feb 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:If the chef is on holiday why is he cooking for customers and is he from Wuhan or is he in Wuhan? I don't understand this scenario.

He recently holidayed in Wuhan, say, visiting relatives to celebrate Chinese new Year, and is now back in Blighty preparing the prawn crackers in the Chinese Takeaway he work in.

8 people have been infected by the coronavirus in the entire UK and there has not been a single fatality, KIR. You should be worried about catching the common flu, instead of getting near a Chinaman. Thousands of people have caught that virus in the UK since the coronavirus was discovered in Wuhan, and hundreds have died because of it.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#150  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Yeah, but they weren’t yellow people. Well. Apart from the ones that were.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#151  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 11, 2020 1:56 pm

I was getting worried that jamest cornered the market on idiotic posts in KIR's thread, glad KIR came back to reclaim it.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#152  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Don't get me wrong - I don't want this virus to spread and be transmitted to immune-compromised people. I don't want the flu to spread either but I'm at least vaccinated against that.

I just don't believe there's an increased risk of contracting coronavirus from ordering Chinese take-out.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#153  Postby Fenrir » Feb 11, 2020 2:43 pm

Prawn crackers are fine, get into em.

Just don't eat the beef chow mein.

Could give you a nasty case of the Zevons
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#154  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Aa-hoooo!
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#155  Postby Alan B » Feb 11, 2020 8:50 pm

I have Chinese friends.

I feel a sneeze coming on...

Ithink you should all disinfect your PCs/tablets/phones after I post this.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#156  Postby felltoearth » Feb 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Number of possible coronavirus cases in Ontario dropping | Toronto Sun
The number of possible coronavirus cases under investigation in Ontario has dropped to 39, including 25 cases where initial evidence suggests they are not infected with the deadly strain.

So the total number of CoVid-19 cases in Toronto as of five days ago is 39 and dropping. It would have not been irrational to avoid Chinese takeaway, it would have been stupid and racist.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#157  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 12, 2020 6:05 pm

It would have been a good dietary decision for me.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#158  Postby aban57 » Feb 13, 2020 12:57 pm

I'll leave this here...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-indian-man-died-suicide-becoming-convinced-infected/

An Indian father-of-three took his own life after convincing himself he had contracted coronavirus and would infect his family, it has been reported.

K. Bala Krishna – who lives in a small village in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh – was told by doctors he had contracted an unknown virus after falling ill.

However, the 50-year-old became convinced he had picked up the coronavirus, now known as Covid-19, after watching videos online.

Alarming clips have been widely circulated on Indian social media of Chinese victims collapsing in public or being seemingly forced into government medical facilities against their will.

And his anxiety around the outbreak intensified last week when three cases were confirmed in Kerala. Its government declared a "state calamity" as it revealed more than 3,000 citizens had been quarantined after displaying symptoms.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#159  Postby felltoearth » Feb 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:It would have been a good dietary decision for me.

But not a racist one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#160  Postby felltoearth » Feb 13, 2020 2:32 pm

aban57 wrote:I'll leave this here...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-indian-man-died-suicide-becoming-convinced-infected/

An Indian father-of-three took his own life after convincing himself he had contracted coronavirus and would infect his family, it has been reported.

K. Bala Krishna – who lives in a small village in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh – was told by doctors he had contracted an unknown virus after falling ill.

However, the 50-year-old became convinced he had picked up the coronavirus, now known as Covid-19, after watching videos online.

Alarming clips have been widely circulated on Indian social media of Chinese victims collapsing in public or being seemingly forced into government medical facilities against their will.

And his anxiety around the outbreak intensified last week when three cases were confirmed in Kerala. Its government declared a "state calamity" as it revealed more than 3,000 citizens had been quarantined after displaying symptoms.

So no Indian take out then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion