The ramifications of blockchain technology?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#1161  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 30, 2021 1:27 am

I am curious how it is that you, and looks like only you here, have the foresight to claim you know "where this is all going" ?

How does that happen?
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1162  Postby jamest » Oct 30, 2021 2:10 am

The_Metatron wrote:I am curious how it is that you, and looks like only you here, have the foresight to claim you know "where this is all going" ?

How does that happen?

There are plenty of people now investing in crypto, Sir, including an ever-increasing number of institutions/corporations and even one government. Yet, these are still the VERY early days. Indeed, bitcoin itself was only created 12-ish years ago. Indeed, if you'd had invested before February of 2010 when Btc was less than 8 cents, just a $1000 investment then would now mean that you have much more than 1 billion (1000 X 1 million) USD!!!

I only discovered bitcoin in late-2018 and didn't invest until early 2019, so I am not here presenting myself as Satoshi Nakamoto, its inventor. Rather, I'm here to INFORM you (initially, that you could make significant gains from it) that [now] the blockchain and digital currency platform is THE basis of the next Global revolution. I'm not shitting you. That's how BIG this thing is growing.

My popularity index hasn't grown any higher here from my 'God' days even though you yourself or everyone would have made a fortune after early 2019 if you'd have followed my advice here. Yet, by now, surely you know that 'being popular' isn't my motive for being here?? I mean, I even remember taking the time to advise you to go for your 'bike business' a few years ago at a time when you didn't like me. Remember? It's just the way I am. I hold no grudges.

Regardless, I am now here to inform you all that the penultimate revolution of all revolutions is upon us. You can take the piss, or become proactive in doing something whilst the governments and all centralised branches of them, continue to crumble into the abyss.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1163  Postby Macdoc » Oct 30, 2021 4:10 am

Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1164  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 30, 2021 4:49 am

My popularity index hasn't grown any higher here from my 'God' days even though you yourself or everyone would have made a fortune after early 2019 if you'd have followed my advice here.

Fuck me jamest... do you really think that many people here weren't perfectly well aware of bitcoin years and years and years before 2019?

The problem for you with this forum is that there's just not enough room for you AND your vastly overblown hubris.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1165  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 30, 2021 4:49 am

jamest wrote:
Regardless, I am now here to inform you all that the penultimate revolution of all revolutions is upon us.

And I'm here to inform you that possession of massively overblown sense of self-worth doesn't induce credibility in others.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1166  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 30, 2021 5:22 am

Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:
Regardless, I am now here to inform you all that the penultimate revolution of all revolutions is upon us.

And I'm here to inform you that possession of massively overblown sense of self-worth doesn't induce credibility in others.

There's an old saying they have down in Texas. You know, that place where they're trying to outlaw abortion, as if we didn't have enough humans already, especially in Texas, where climate change is just something we put up with and also seems unrelated to the size of the human population. Ah, well. How about that old saying, then: "It's a waste of time to try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Sadly, this rubric does not tell us who's the voice teacher and who's the pig, when one of them is not actually a walking hambone. What some voice teachers never seem to realize is that there's a point at which they've made enough of an effort to teach a pig to sing. This is why I don't post so much any more.

MS2 wrote:
Greg the Grouper wrote:
I'm unsure how "You haven't defined 'God'" is substantiation of the position that 'God' doesn't exist

I didn’t say it was. I gave it as one way I could substantiate why their position is wrong. Their position being ‘God exists’.

Why did I quote this? Because blockchain technology is based on algorithms, and predicting apocalypse is not. On a gut level, you know why it's not worthwhile to try to establish a prediction of apocalypse from the state of blockchain technology.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#1167  Postby Hermit » Oct 30, 2021 6:17 am

Macdoc wrote:Image

Quite. Like all failed prophets JamesT will change the date when his prophesy refuses to materialise on the stipulated date. As a matter of fact, he has done so already. On Mar 18, 2020 he prophesied that "We'll be in the realms of a 4-figure percentage hike within a year". On the same day he prophesied that "that the economical crisis resulting from this particular virus will kill more than half of us." A couple of months after the deadline (teehee) passed in remarkably unapocalyptic fashion JamesT prophesied the apocalypse will happen "within a handful of years".

The definition of "handful" is "a small quantity or number". Watch as the number gets bigger. In five years "a handful" might become the number of peas one can hold in one's hand. After that, the number of grains of rice, but by then it will be meaningless. For one thing he, and everyone he is addressing will have died of old age.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#1168  Postby Hermit » Oct 30, 2021 6:21 am

Cito di Pense wrote:On a gut level, you know why it's not worthwhile to try to establish a prediction of apocalypse from the state of blockchain technology.

JamesT has never tried to establish a prediction of apocalypse from the state of blockchain technology, voice teacher.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#1169  Postby minininja » Oct 30, 2021 12:36 pm

I found this twitter thread from the creator of Dogecoin to be quite insightful:

After years of studying it, I believe that cryptocurrency is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight and artificially enforced scarcity.

Despite claims of “decentralization”, the cryptocurrency industry is controlled by a powerful cartel of wealthy figures who, with time, have evolved to incorporate many of the same institutions tied to the existing centralized financial system they supposedly set out to replace.

The cryptocurrency industry leverages a network of shady business connections, bought influencers and pay-for-play media outlets to perpetuate a cult-like “get rich quick” funnel designed to extract new money from the financially desperate and naive.

Continues...
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1170  Postby hackenslash » Oct 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Cito di Pense wrote: What some voice teachers never seem to realize is that there's a point at which they've made enough of an effort to teach a pig to sing. This is why I don't post so much any more.

Our loss. I always wished we could find enough to disagree on to motivate substantial discussion, mostly just because I always enjoyed the eloquent obliquity of your put-downs. I've always been a big fan of the barbed retort for those with ears to hear.

Any sufficiently advanced technology, and all that, I guess.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#1171  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 30, 2021 6:05 pm

hackenslash wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote: What some voice teachers never seem to realize is that there's a point at which they've made enough of an effort to teach a pig to sing. This is why I don't post so much any more.

Our loss. I always wished we could find enough to disagree on to motivate substantial discussion, mostly just because I always enjoyed the eloquent obliquity of your put-downs. I've always been a big fan of the barbed retort for those with ears to hear.

Any sufficiently advanced technology, and all that, I guess.

I came here for an argument.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1172  Postby hackenslash » Oct 30, 2021 7:45 pm

This is contradictions...
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#1173  Postby Hermit » Oct 30, 2021 7:50 pm

No, it is not! :snooty: :naughty: :argh: :lay:

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#1174  Postby Greg the Grouper » Oct 30, 2021 8:08 pm

hackenslash wrote:This is contradictions...

Hermit wrote:No, it is not! :snooty: :naughty: :argh: :lay:

Both sides make points.
Greg the Grouper

Name: Patrick

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1175  Postby Macdoc » Oct 31, 2021 1:01 am

Prefer cockfights ....real feathers flying. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1176  Postby hackenslash » Oct 31, 2021 8:26 am

There will be if you're daft enough to put feather on your cock. I get enough itching and chafing without that complication.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#1177  Postby quas » Oct 31, 2021 11:14 am

The greatest investment in the history of mankind EVAR:

https://twitter.com/1goonrich/status/14 ... 6631262217

SHIB was created in Aug 2020.
A postman bought SHIB in January for $1,700.
At its peak recently, it's worth over 1 billion dollars.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#1178  Postby quas » Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am

minininja wrote:I found this twitter thread from the creator of Dogecoin to be quite insightful:

After years of studying it, I believe that cryptocurrency is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight and artificially enforced scarcity.

Despite claims of “decentralization”, the cryptocurrency industry is controlled by a powerful cartel of wealthy figures who, with time, have evolved to incorporate many of the same institutions tied to the existing centralized financial system they supposedly set out to replace.

The cryptocurrency industry leverages a network of shady business connections, bought influencers and pay-for-play media outlets to perpetuate a cult-like “get rich quick” funnel designed to extract new money from the financially desperate and naive.

Continues...

He's just salty that he created Doge, but then sold his Doge for a shitty car.
If he had gotten rich from Doge, he would be full of praises for mankind's greatest financial revolution.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#1179  Postby felltoearth » Oct 31, 2021 1:49 pm

jamest wrote:

That's not a cop-out, I just generally cannot be arsed coming here any more.

It is a cop out because it is just the logical extension of the fact that you couldn’t be arsed to provide a coherent, honest defense of your shitpost arguments here and would rather play the victim, claiming at every turn that people here have in for you, and any day now you are about to to be banned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1180  Postby jamest » Nov 09, 2021 5:08 am

felltoearth wrote:
jamest wrote:

That's not a cop-out, I just generally cannot be arsed coming here any more.

It is a cop out because it is just the logical extension of the fact that you couldn’t be arsed to provide a coherent, honest defense of your shitpost arguments here and would rather play the victim, claiming at every turn that people here have in for you, and any day now you are about to to be banned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you want to know, exactly?
What do I need to defend here after being RIGHT? I mean, in early 2019 when bitcoin was less than 4K USD I started telling you all to buy it and subsequently said (to Thommo iirc) that my conservative estimate for its price by the end of 2021 was between 50-150K. That was well over two years ago, and you were ALL taking the piss at that time.

I'm not presenting myself here as 'a prophet'. I never even did that during my tenure here as a theist. The difference between my tenure here as a theist and that as a cryptocurrency/economic adviser, is that I am only absolutely sure of the conclusions that I have made as a theist. The conclusions I have made and presented to you as a crypto/economic advisor, here, were almost certain but I cannot be sure of the dates. As I said, I'm not a prophet.

As for having no justification for feeling utterly isolated here and expecting a ban anytime, you'd have to be a witness to all of my history here, which is more-or-less since this forum began. The shit I've endured in this thread isn't a patch on the shit I've endured within my philosophy threads, yet nevertheless it's been intense. Please don't pretend that I haven't been given a hard time throughout my long tenure here.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion