The ramifications of blockchain technology?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#441  Postby jamest » Mar 24, 2020 5:50 am

OlivierK wrote:
jamest wrote:
OlivierK wrote:
jamest wrote:To be honest, I even enjoy the challenge and banter associated with being a lone wolf crying in the wilderness.

We know. The entire subtext of your posts is just the sound of you pleasuring yourself.

It just means that I don't need anything from you, squire, especially a reward for being right. Do you think that I'm taking all of this shit here, and elsewhere for the last two decades, for the rewards I'm getting. Have a word.

We're facing armageddon here of some description and I'm trying my best to help you all, including those of you who just want to hang me by my balls.

Just do the right thing and stop focussing upon my balls.

It's not like anyone could get a hand in edgewise in any case.

You'd have more of a chance if you were called Holly, not Ollie. :tongue:

Anyway, stop forcing this thread to be about me. I want it to be about the survival of you guys. Even you.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#442  Postby OlivierK » Mar 24, 2020 6:21 am

That's sweet. I'll be fine, thanks. As I'm sure will you, especially with your self-administered reward system. :lol:
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#443  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 8:14 am

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
That's unlimited/INFINITE

Unlimited =/= infinite

That's correct, as anyone who has read my view on infinity will note.

I know it's correct, and your views on infinity are absolutely irrelevant.

If I have 12 apples and tell you that you can eat an unlimited amount of them, the maximum you can eat is 12 - not 'infinite' apples.

Similarly, printing money in sufficient quantities makes the value of that money depreciate to the point where it would no longer be worth printing money as the cost to do so would outweigh the value of the currency - they'd stop long before that occurred which is also an infinitely quantity prior to infinity.

Thus the point is and was that they are not going to print infinite money; what they actually said they'd do is borrow money in order to make it available to be lent to business.

jamest wrote: However, for all intents and purposes, when a governing body (the financial element of it) declares that it is willing to print money forever until a problem is (hopefully) fixed, it effectively renders the value of the dollar as approaching zero, forever. Equals a subsequent lack of confidence in the dollar because of decreased value as imposed by the FED itself and then hyperinflation.

You're over-exaggerating.

It will certainly lower the value of the dollar - more currency in circulation results in inflation, that's not a point of disagreement.

But no one's said they'll print money forever until the problem is fixed - you're jumping to unwarranted conclusions and you're also being exceptionally naive. That naivety is multifarious: i) you believe Trump's administration, which is totally unwarranted even in the best of times - he doesn't have a fucking clue what he's talking about when it comes to the economy, somebody's already probably tried to draw him a cartoon in crayons explaining why printing money isn't going to solve any economic issue ii) investor confidence - promising to shore up businesses with loans is an attempt to prevent the lowering of confidence and prop up the stock-market - it may not work, but your characterization of it is off-base iii) you seem to think they're just going to abandon all fiscal sense and destroy their economy, but you've alighted on that from nothing other than your own wrong-thinking; the amount of bonds needed to be bought to maintain market functionality is not infinite, it's not even necessarily an awful lot, and you're overlooking the fact that this is to offer loans which will be repaid at interest.

So your summation of the problem is nearly devoid of reality and has just leapt into fantasy you think conforms to the ideology you've been trotting out here you presumably picked up from some dodgy Youtube conspiracy channel.

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
The notes in circulation are closer to zero than they are to infinite.

The point is that when nobody wants the dollar and supplies are limited (as they already are), the prices of anything in demand, especially food, are going to skyrocket.

Supplies ARE NOT LIMITED. Don't be in the business of promulgating panic-ridden bullshit jamest. There are no limitations on supplies, only constraints on logistics with people panic-buying based on poor reasoning.

Food is absolutely not in short supply - if demand remains stable, there'll be no shortage. It's only when numpties get it in their head that the end of the world is nigh and start panic-buying that the demand can briefly outstrip the stocked goods in a given location. In fact, with restaurants and other eateries closing, the fact is that there will be a significant surplus of food goods available.

jamest wrote:Then all of those people, who no longer have jobs, won't even be able to afford to buy something as basic as a loaf of bread. The consequences? People will starve and the government will have to print even more money, though this time nobody will want to buy their bonds etc.. Equals the end of the US dollar.

This hasn't happened, there's no suggestion it will happen, you are once again indulging yourself in a fictional apocalypse scenario. Perhaps this kind of thing gets you off - I dunno - but it's not rational whatever it is.

jamest wrote:That's where we're heading, I shit you not. If I can save just a handful of indiviuals, even one, by writing any of this, then it's been worthwhile.

Save your attempts at convincing me you know what you're talking about after just having SHOWN you don't.

You can save no one jamest because you don't have a sufficient grasp of reality to offer any tangible help at all. All you're selling at the moment is blind panic.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#444  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 8:47 am

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:12+ months after I started to explain why the global economy is fucked, we're here witnessing it happen.

That's really sad that you're trying to cash in some respect from a virus that you didn't predict and therefore has nothing to do with any of your proclamations from 12 months ago.

The virus is a particular black swan event. I didn't predict this particular black swan event for sure, but in February or March of last year I was providing links to support my claim that the global economy would soon crash which included terms such as 'black swan events' and 'normalcy bias'.

Ergo, you predicted no such thing - your claims were that the economy would crash even as business as usual, so were this epidemic to cause a crash, it would be logically and materially unrelated to your supposed predictions.

Further, by their very nature, black swan events are inherently unpredictable, yet you want to suggest that you were predicting that black swan events would occur.

It's nonsense jamest - it's just you bigging yourself up again.

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Why are you so desperate to get people here to respect you, jamest? It's fucking said and counter-productive because the more you clamour for peoples' attention, the more of a fool people consider you.

That's absolutely true, yet not once have I sought any reward for my words in forums such as this for the last two decades. Unless you were fool enough to think that I was actually selling robes and sandals.

That's because you don't deserve any rewards, you've not earned any rewards, and you've never done a single damn thing that might even be in a category that might involve rewards.

Your self-belief is insane, jamest - I really do mean that. The discrepancy between what you do and what you believe you do is gargantuan. What you've really done is natter some shit on the internet with a bunch of people, and most of that shit has been a litany of self-praise about how thoughtful, unique, innovative, special, and misunderstood you are. If you were in line for any reward, it would be the Most Overblown Sense of Self-Worth reward.

jamest wrote:All I've done, in spite of being ridiculed for two decades, is pass on TRUTHS which are beneficial to YOU and people like you.

You've done no such thing - what you've done is masturbate frequently in public and expect applause for it. You aren't in possession of ANY truths, yet every word you utter you treat as though it's fresh from the font of all knowledge. Your conceit is tragic given how poor your grasp of nearly every topic you indulge yourself in really is.

Perhaps this is your way of dealing with your fears about the aspects of the world you have no control over - you lie to yourself that you can see the truth, that you can manage it because you've foreseen it all, but really it just leaves you a sitting duck wallowing in his own fictional conceit. You're a tragic figure alright jamest, but it's not because you're some kind of visionary misunderstood by his sub-par peers, rather it's because your self-evaluation is so far removed from what's manifestly true that it's almost an embodiment of a Greek tragedy exposing psychological flaws of humanity.

jamest wrote:I don't want any reward for this. To be honest, I even enjoy the challenge and banter associated with being a lone wolf crying in the wilderness.

No one else has suggested anything about 'rewards' but given you've now mentioned it several times in this post, and have done so before, I think it's safe to say that this is literally what you do want and believe you've earned - whereas from other people's perspective, you're not even competing. You're a 'lone wolf crying in the wilderness' because you don't understand that being a wolf isn't about being special and different, it's about being a functioning member of the pack. Analogously in terms of rational skepticism, your rejection of rationality, of skepticism, of self-honesty, of presenting substantiated arguments is what exiles you, and the rest comes across as some kind of piteous whining about how everyone should consider you important.

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
You are not the fucking messiah.

I never said I was. Christ is within all.

You big yourself up like you're something special regardless of how it also contradicts your nominal philosophy. And no, Christ is not within all - the Christ is a fairy tale to manoeuvre and manipulate people like you.

jamest wrote:I'd rather turn the tables upon YOU,...

Sure, go ahead and project at me.

jamest wrote:... and ask why you've not done anything to act in this time of crisis.

By 'not done anything' - you mean, why haven't I emulated you and run around screaming that the sky's going to fall on my head? We all know you've done fucking nothing at all jamest - even your financial choices predated any knowledge of this 'crisis', so what exactly are you supposed to have done? Talked about buying some chickens? :lol:

And when it comes to what I've done - how could you hope to know what I have or haven't done? Have you asked me? Was that meant to be a question? Or did you mean to ask me if I still beat my wife?

jamest wrote:Is it because you think I'm going to demand an apology from you in a year or so?

Wow no jamest. It's still stunning that you think you figure so highly in other peoples' thoughts that you believe I think anything at all about you when I am not reading or responding to your posts. No action I've ever taken or not taken has figured you or your declarations into them because you just don't exist for me for the majority of my life. You're just some dude on the internet with a comically overblown sense of his own self-worth.

jamest wrote:That's simply not going to happen. Any rational contemplation of why I've posted in holes like this for two decades doesn't come up with the answer that I'm seeking thumbs ups.

Bullshit. You're trying to rebrand yourself here and I know it's lies. I recall your posts on the RD forum, and I recall the majority of your posts here: the vast majority of them had fuck all to do with any of this, it was just all your bleating about your sappy rendition of idealism. In the last few years, you've expanded your demands to be taken seriously to other topics - in fact, every single topic you engage on you demand to be lent credence - and only just recently have you started purveying doom, so go ahead and bullshit yourself about what you've been doing, but you're not going to sell it to anyone who's actually witnessed that period of your posting history.

jamest wrote:Call me a cunt if you like, it won't hurt.

You always reach for this line: call me a cunt if you like... but I've never suggested any desire to call you a cunt, and if I did so desire to do it, then I would just call you a cunt and be done with it.

Rather, you do this because you want to act like criticism of your behavior is because people don't like you personally rather than for the well-established and substantive reasons they provide.

I don't think you're a cunt: I think you're clueless, like worryingly stupid given how you perceive yourself; it's the discrepancy that's dangerous. I think you probably have made the situation for your family materially worse in this outbreak through panicking and proclamations of the end of the world. You seem to think that growing some food in your garden is going to save you - which in tune with everything else you write is just so far removed from reality. Even those food groups you can plant and harvest this year will take many, many months and will provide your family of 4 a dozen meals at most assuming you have dedicated a sizeable piece of land to those crops. Sure, chickens... only, what are you going to be feeding your chickens if society is about to break down to the point that food isn't available on the shelves? Do you imagine they'll still be selling chicken-feed in your Doomsday scenario? I mean, all this assumes that your naive overconfidence doesn't see them all slaughtered within a week by the first passing fox.

The problem is that your conceit is self-damaging: you're pretending to yourself that you're a special case (as always) and that your foresight and unique ability to reason means that not only will you be fine, but worse that you believe you can give out advice. In reality, you're actually exposed to a lot more long-term risk than me, and your confirmation bias ensures you will never be able to acknowledge that.

jamest wrote:Just (secretly) do something to protect yourself from this disaster. Both of them, especially the financial one.

What do you mean 'secretly do something'? Seriously, my mind wants to explode all over the walls in outrage at your conceit. You actually think I would harm myself just to spite you? Sing along with me: you don't figure into any decisions I make in my life jamest - you never have, and you never will.

In terms of my preparation, I am doing reasonably well all things considered - the situation here is quite different than that in the UK, so there's still ample time to maintain those preparations. I'm stocked with food and medicine, but that's the usual case for me anyway - I can feed my family of 3 for many months on what I've got in the house, and that's before we've gone to any lengths to really future-proof ourselves. With respect to the economy, as I've already told you - my risk is minimal, and comparative to you (the guy who thinks he can advise others) my risk is essentially non-existent. I don't gamble my future or my family's future on the hopes of making it rich through some scheme and some poorly conceived buy in to nonsense conspiracy claptrap I found on a Youtube video.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#445  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 8:50 am

jamest wrote:
OlivierK wrote:
jamest wrote:To be honest, I even enjoy the challenge and banter associated with being a lone wolf crying in the wilderness.

We know. The entire subtext of your posts is just the sound of you pleasuring yourself.

It just means that I don't need anything from you, squire, especially a reward for being right. Do you think that I'm taking all of this shit here, and elsewhere for the last two decades, for the rewards I'm getting. Have a word.

We're facing armageddon here of some description and I'm trying my best to help you all, including those of you who just want to hang me by my balls.

Just do the right thing and stop focussing upon my balls.

I don't need a reward!

Do you hear me? I DON'T NEED A REWARD!

No, no, no - stop mentioning rewards, because I don't need one!

As I keep telling you all, no rewards necessary!

Oh a reward? Don't mind if I do!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#446  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 8:51 am

We're facing armageddon here...

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#447  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 24, 2020 8:53 am

jamest wrote:
Anyway, stop forcing this thread to be about me. I want it to be about the survival of you guys. Even you.

:doh:

You want it to be how you ensured the survival of us guys... by.... umm... well, there was this thing... err... bitcoin? Chickens... that's it! Chickens.

And so jamest saved the world, and forever after they spake his name in joyous whispers and rewarded him for eternity.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#449  Postby felltoearth » Mar 24, 2020 10:43 am

I’m going to buy a chicken and call it bitcoin. I will then mine it for eggs. I think this is what jamest meant all along.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#450  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 24, 2020 10:52 am

jamest wrote:I want it to be about the survival of you guys.

It's not really possible for you to inflate your value to the rest of humanity in this way. This is largely because it's the rest of humanity that determines your value to the rest of humanity, rather than you.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#451  Postby Hermit » Mar 24, 2020 10:55 am

jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:Opinion noted.

A lack of reasonable retort noted.

My retorts can be found among my previous 29 posts in this thread. I did not feel like reiterating them.

jamest wrote:You're now akin to a vulture, awaiting some kind of economical miracle, to make me look like a fool several months from now.

Thanks for telling me what I think. :roll:
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#452  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 24, 2020 10:59 am

jamest wrote:Do you think that I'm taking all of this shit here, and elsewhere for the last two decades, for the rewards I'm getting.

That was never the question, until you asked it. The fact that you imagine you're taking shit has nothing to do with whether or not you should be rewarded for what you're doing.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#453  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am

If the shit hits the fan at the level jamest predicts his gold/silver coins won’t be worth shit. Why? If there is one pound of rice inside a 500 mile radius I wouldn’t trade it for all the gold he could stack on a flatbed rail car. Neither would I trade my pound of rice for all the bit coins combined. What good would it do to have all of jamest’s gold/silver and bit coins if I starve?

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#454  Postby gobshite » Mar 25, 2020 10:51 am

jamest wrote:The US Federal Reserve announced today (technically yesterday here in the UK) that thery're going to buy a potentially unlimited amount of government debt to deal with this crisis.

https://www.cityam.com/us-federal-reser ... expand-qe/

That's unlimited/INFINITE QE, ladies and gents.

The actual market value of any note of value, in the midst of any number of them approaching infinity, approaches zero.

You have to be fuckin' bonkers imo to not see hyperinflation on the horizon, any time soon. That means that those people who have recently sold their assets to get into dollars (hence the rising value of the dollar), will soon be seeking means to protect their wealth from said inflation.

That means that gold & silver will soon be skyrocketing. Even the cryptos, which took a huge slap in the face recently as people sought dollars in response to this emergency, have started to rise in value again. Nobody is going to want fiat, very soon. Do the math. Get out of your fuckin' pensions whilst you still can. Buy the precious metals, even crypto. Time is running out, rapidly.

It's economic armageddon, at the very least.

You don't seem to understand what infinity means. The Fed isn't going to do anything approaching (colloquially) infinite QE.
gobshite

Print view this post

#455  Postby jamest » Mar 26, 2020 3:39 am

I can see that you're all just going to be taking the piss out of me forever, regardless of the current threat upon the status quo. My job is to educate you, regardless, so let's try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJCR3W0mOs

The US government knows that it's fucked. Trump has declared that "the cure cannot be worse than the problem" and America has only been in lock-down for about a week!

How the fuck you guys cannot read between Trump's inconsistent lies/BS and see how desperate he is, will forever be a mystery to me. The stockmarket has had a major dead cat bounce based upon ignorance of what his promise to print as much money out of thin air as it takes to solve the problem means even in the short-term, notwithstanding thereafter.

Hyperinflation is imminent, I shit you not. Then, all roads lead to the core of the earth, downwards.

I wish no grief or suffering upon anyone, even those of you who have hated me from day one. I'm here with a simple message which seeks to minimise your suffering. Take it or leave it.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#456  Postby jamest » Mar 26, 2020 3:57 am

I almost forgot, yesterday I heard about US plans to get rid of cash and to create their own digital currency or digital dollar. Read this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambr ... 679c04318e

The point is, that once the US dollar goes digital and on the blockchain, that's a white flag to all other digital currencies. Goodbye US dollar.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#457  Postby Hermit » Mar 26, 2020 3:59 am

jamest wrote:My job is to educate you [...] Hyperinflation is imminent, I shit you not. Then, all roads lead to the core of the earth, downwards.

So you keep saying.
jamest wrote:We'll be in the realms of a 4-figure percentage hike within a year, is my prediction.

You'll have the chance of coming back to us with a triumphant "I told you so" when inflation has exceeded the 1000% mark no later than the 17th of March 2021.

Until then, lay off your pomposity, hyperbole and overblown sense of certainty. Unless you do, at least some of the forum members reading your posts may get the impression they were written by an insufferably arrogant and ignorant arseclown.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#458  Postby jamest » Mar 26, 2020 4:12 am

theropod_V_2.0 wrote:If the shit hits the fan at the level jamest predicts his gold/silver coins won’t be worth shit. Why? If there is one pound of rice inside a 500 mile radius I wouldn’t trade it for all the gold he could stack on a flatbed rail car. Neither would I trade my pound of rice for all the bit coins combined. What good would it do to have all of jamest’s gold/silver and bit coins if I starve?

RS

If it get's to the level YOU imply, then it's all about guns. It might actually get that bad in the USA quite quickly, given that every household seemingly (the news we here) has enough armoury to destroy a small village.

If the shit does hit the fan and you can't sell anything other than your body to buy a meal, then at least eat well. :tongue:
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#459  Postby jamest » Mar 26, 2020 4:59 am

Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:My job is to educate you [...] Hyperinflation is imminent, I shit you not. Then, all roads lead to the core of the earth, downwards.

So you keep saying.
jamest wrote:We'll be in the realms of a 4-figure percentage hike within a year, is my prediction.

You'll have the chance of coming back to us with a triumphant "I told you so" when inflation has exceeded the 1000% mark no later than the 17th of March 2021.

Until then, lay off your pomposity, hyperbole and overblown sense of certainty. Unless you do, at least some of the forum members reading your posts may get the impression they were written by an insufferably arrogant and ignorant arseclown.

I'm trying to warn you here. There are still as of this date some measures which some members here can make to ensure that the lives of themselves and those of their families will endure even after this nightmare.

At the very least, invest a small proportion of your wealth in investments other than those associated with stocks/fiat, before it's too late.

I recognise that you're a smart guy and I have nothing against you. NOTHING. I know that you often take the piss out of me, but I don't care.

Have you read about the Spanish flu? It hung around for about 18 months. Notably, it peaked about the Spring and then diinished in the Summer, before a SECOND WAVE decimated the planet.

The world cannot survive a 2nd wave of THIS virus, fact, as evidently this first wave might suffice to show.

Trump's bullshit about America going back to work after Easter? This is in less than 3 weeks. What the fuck is he smoking?

Any idiot who has failed to see that this virus is going to be the main theme of 'the news' until the summer of 2021 (at least), is fucking deluded.

Trump is amongst the biggest cunts I've come across (and I've studied history significantly) but he's got just one thing right in his tenure, which is that the [economical] cure cannot become worse than the [virus] problem.

Why? Because a bankrupt Earth will kill roughly half of its population.

It's not an easy time to be a politician, for sure.

What would I do if I were Trump? A no brainer. I'd just explain how fucked the economy was and then explain to the populace that there is no money - because there truly isn't - to fight the virus long-term. I'd then spell out to them just how fucked the global economy was, which is sufficient to destroy half the world's population.

I'd then implement isolation knowledge/sanctions upon the elderly and unhealthy etc. and direct whatever funds I could muster at keeping them alive, whilst letting us all continue our everyday living.

If I were Churchill, I wouldn't close a fucking thing. Why? Because the economy's death will kill more than the virus. SO, one's focus has to be upon maintaining the economy at all time, which isn't to say that that one has no focus upon the sick. I would have just dealt with the matter differently to everyone else, seemingly. But, for sure, if I were in charge more people wouldn't have died from the virus than they will do due to economic consequences of it, as will happen.

I'm still looking for a Churchillian leader, not a parrot. Even Trump, with his big mouth about the economy, has failed to explain why the economy is so important to human life.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#460  Postby Hermit » Mar 26, 2020 6:08 am

jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:

So you keep saying.

I'm trying to warn you here.

And educate. Don't forget to educate. I won't.

jamest wrote:a bankrupt Earth will kill roughly half of its population.

OK. I'll add that to your prediction that "We'll be in the realms of a 4-figure percentage hike within a year".

jamest wrote:the economy's death will kill more than the virus.

The stock markets will undoubtedly get hit harder than any time in the past nine decades at least, but your report of the economy's imminent death is exaggerated.

jamest wrote:SO, one's focus has to be upon maintaining the economy at all time, which isn't to say that that one has no focus upon the sick.

Crap. Keeping the primary focus on health care is more beneficial for the economy than yet another application of austerity measures.

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion