The ramifications of blockchain technology?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#561  Postby gobshite » Apr 02, 2020 3:44 am

Right, so data isn't worth shit. Ok. I don't see this going very well.
gobshite

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#562  Postby gobshite » Apr 02, 2020 3:44 am

duplicate..
gobshite

Print view this post

#563  Postby OlivierK » Apr 02, 2020 3:49 am

gobshite wrote:Right, so data isn't worth shit. Ok. I don't see this going very well.

What you're missing is that we're in uncharted territory, and nothing is as it was pre-COVID-19.

Now pre-COVID-19, jamest was wrong about pretty much everything he turned his mind to, so...

It just follows, right?
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#564  Postby jamest » Apr 02, 2020 3:55 am

gobshite wrote:Right, so data isn't worth shit. Ok. I don't see this going very well.

Welcome to the world of high volatility, something the stockmarket isn't accustomed to.

In 1929 the stockmarket crashed 80% over the course of a few years. That was without a war or virus. Think on that.
Last edited by jamest on Apr 02, 2020 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#565  Postby gobshite » Apr 02, 2020 3:56 am

How about that blockchain technology?

Despite a possibility of being lumped in the looney bin with Jamest, I actually bought some bitcoin the other day. My first bitcoin. It's a gamble, nothing more. I was lucky to come into some free money, so I thought I'd have a gamble with it. I do think bitcoin is going to go up during this economic crisis, not-least because of the "halvening". But I'm going to leave it in there long term. I want 10000% gains!!
Last edited by gobshite on Apr 02, 2020 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
gobshite

Print view this post

#566  Postby jamest » Apr 02, 2020 3:59 am

OlivierK wrote:

What you're missing is that we're in uncharted territory, and nothing is as it was pre-COVID-19.

Now pre-COVID-19, jamest was wrong about pretty much everything he turned his mind to, so...

It just follows, right?

What have I ever been wrong about, you pork-pier?

Everything I've said on this matter is playing out exactly to that tune, already. All that remains to be seen is the medium to long term effects of it all. So, spare me the bullshit. Like I said, I'll be back for the next big crash, probably soon.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#567  Postby jamest » Apr 02, 2020 4:07 am

gobshite wrote:How about that blockchain technology?

Despite a possibility of being lumped in the looney bin with Jamest, I actually bought some bitcoin the other day. My first bitcoin. It's a gamble, nothing more. I was lucky to come into some free money, so I thought I'd have a gamble with it. I do think bitcoin is going to go up during this economic crisis, not-least because of the "halvening". But I'm going to leave it in there long term. I want 10000% gains!!

It was only about a week ago that you told me that you already have investments in crypto? :scratch:

Crypto is currently in an uncertain period, as there is a panic to own $$ which is why many holders sold out when the stockmarket crashed recently. My expectation is that it could still go down further (especially on the next major stockmarket crash) before it goes up significantly, but medium to long term I'm still convinced it's a great investment.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#568  Postby Hermit » Apr 02, 2020 4:32 am

gobshite wrote:Here's a good graph from wiki on monetary expansion vs inflation

As you can see the slope is considerably lower than 45 degrees (1:1 relationship). The US for example is about 6% monetary expansion per year, vs 2% inflation. And as far as I can tell this is only M2 moneys. If the M4 monetary supply is used, the curve would be even less steep. This isn't to say theres no danger of inflation by printing money endlessly. What I'm trying to get across to you is that the view that increasing printing necessarily leads to concomitant increase in inflation is a flawed understanding.

edit: why no image show?

You need to right- click on the image you want to link to then select "view image". The link you get is different than the one you finished up with. It starts with "upload". If you want to see the difference between the two links, click the "quote" button of this post.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#569  Postby OlivierK » Apr 02, 2020 5:05 am

jamest wrote:
OlivierK wrote:

It just follows, right?

Everything I've said on this matter is playing out exactly to that tune, already. All that remains to be seen is the medium to long term effects of it all. So, spare me the bullshit. Like I said, I'll be back for the next big crash, probably soon.

If you reckon it will be soon, then just have the fucking patience to wait till then, eh?
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#570  Postby gobshite » Apr 02, 2020 5:16 am

jamest wrote:
gobshite wrote:How about that blockchain technology?

It was only about a week ago that you told me that you already have investments in crypto? :scratch:

Bitcoin isn't the entirety of crypto, as I'm sure(?) you'd know. I don't like bitcoin because of the fees and the transaction time. But I thought I'd get some for a longer term investment (fees and block times become largely irrelevant then).
gobshite

Print view this post

#571  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 02, 2020 7:37 am

jamest wrote:
Fallible wrote:‘I’m not here as a financial expert, per se’????

You’re not here as a financial expert at all.

As I said in a previous post, there's no financial expert on the planet in terms of having the accredited awards, to deal with this crisis. There are only bright/savvy people, who have envisioned this crisis for several years.

The financial 'experts' of the 20th & 21st century have ALL been educated to think like Trump. All greedy bastards, who envisioned that the economy could be pumped for an eternity, with the occasional blip.

Wake the fuck up. These 'experts' are responsible for the MASSIVE economical disaster which is about to happen, which will undoubtedly kill about half the world's population.

I hope that you live long enough to see it, because your idiotic smugness is the kind of plague upon humanity which will kill most of us.

The content of this post and the conclusion regarding idiotic smugness are beyond irony.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#572  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 02, 2020 7:38 am

jamest wrote:I've tried my best to help you people, undoubtedly.

I'll report back when the stockmarket drops another 20+%, or when the banks crash, or when crypto makes significant gains.

The bottom-line is that this virus lark isn't going away anytime soon. In fact, I expect us to be still affected by it until this time next year, at least.

What I don't understand is WHY the fuck you are not doing anything to protect yourselves from this, financially? I mean, how deep can one bury one's head in the sand?!!!

This shite status quo is over. We are now entering a new era. I'm not here for the thumbs ups, just to save whomever might listen.

Best wishes to you ALL.

God you're full of it.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#573  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 02, 2020 7:39 am

jamest wrote:
gobshite wrote:You are just further demonstrating that you don't understand money and inflation. Start googling. You've got some reading to do.

I've been studying economics for two years almost. Let's leave it at that. I'll wait for confirmation that I'm right or wrong in future statistics. Good night and best wishes to you and yours.

No Jamest

You have NOT been studying economics for two years.

You've been watching Youtube videos - and your lack of fundamental knowledge on the subject means you are unable to tell whether the videos you watch are credible or not.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#574  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 02, 2020 7:41 am

jamest wrote:
OlivierK wrote:So what we've learned here is that if someone has studied economics for decades, then they're a slave to their fuddy-duddy understandings. And if they've studied economics for only a year, they're a clueless noob.

But almost two years? That's the goldilocks point for studying economics, because when the only tool you've got is an ego, everyone else is a nail, and as a bonus, from your own perspective you can't see that you look like a tool.

The point I made was that accredited awards for studying economics are all orientated to thinking like Donald Trump and Warren Buffet. Fubar.

I saw this problem first-hand when I studied for my own degree and realised that 90% of philosophical studies revolve around physicalist/materialist viewpoints. I.e., you learn what the establishment of your time wants you to learn.

The assertion you made regarding financial expertise was based solely on the contents of your navel.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#575  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 02, 2020 7:42 am

jamest wrote:
What you don't seem to understand is that the past has no bearing upon what's about to hit us, because what's about to hit us has never hit us before, not even in 1929.

Even if I could see them (a bad link on my Mac) your graphs still ain't worth a shit, dude.

Spanish flu infected a quarter of the world's population and killed people of all ages; to top it off, many parts of the world had been ravaged by war, and they had little medical knowledge or equipment.

Go study history for 2 years on Youtube and then come back.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#576  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 02, 2020 7:44 am

jamest wrote:
OlivierK wrote:

It just follows, right?

Nothing you've said has come to pass, so don't be calling other people liars.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#577  Postby Fallible » Apr 02, 2020 11:47 am

jamest wrote:
Fallible wrote:James, I would benefit much more from you shutting your arrogant pie hole than from your idiotic financial ‘advice’.

Do yourself a favour then and just ignore my threads, you hypocrite. :lol:

You think you’re qualified to give advice to individual posters now, do you? Unfortunately, avoiding ‘your’ threads doesn’t guarantee avoiding your posts. If you just shut up, I wouldn’t have to worry about that. More name-calling, I notice, and you don’t even seem angry this time.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#578  Postby Fallible » Apr 02, 2020 11:59 am

jamest wrote:
Fallible wrote:‘I’m not here as a financial expert, per se’????

You’re not here as a financial expert at all.

As I said in a previous post, there's no financial expert on the planet in terms of having the accredited awards, to deal with this crisis. There are only bright/savvy people, who have envisioned this crisis for several years.

The financial 'experts' of the 20th & 21st century have ALL been educated to think like Trump. All greedy bastards, who envisioned that the economy could be pumped for an eternity, with the occasional blip.

Wake the fuck up. These 'experts' are responsible for the MASSIVE economical disaster which is about to happen, which will undoubtedly kill about half the world's population.

I hope that you live long enough to see it, because your idiotic smugness is the kind of plague upon humanity which will kill most of us.

There’s something wrong with you, or you’re a long-term troll. How else could you still be typing like anyone takes anything you say seriously? How else can you still not have noticed, after being told scores of times, that you are without significance or respect here? NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK. YOUR THINKS ARE USELESS. That’s the first thing for you to absorb. The other is JUST BECAUSE NO ONE IS TAKING YOU SERIOUSLY, THAT DOESN’T MEAN THEY ARE NOT MAKING THEIR OWN PREPARATIONS, OR THINKING THAT EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Now - read those two things over several times. If you still keep on as you have been doing, we’ll know that you are deliberately misrepresenting people in order to cause problems.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#579  Postby Fallible » Apr 02, 2020 12:06 pm

jamest wrote:What I don't understand is WHY the fuck you are not doing anything to protect yourselves from this, financially? I mean, how deep can one bury one's head in the sand?!!!

This is a nice example of what I’m talking about. You apparently don’t understand something that NO ONE is doing. You’ve been told over and over and over and over and over again that this isn’t the case, yet you still continue to tell the same lie. You’re so keen to prove to yourself that you have something to say that you are willing to lie blatantly and repeatedly to do so. I hope you are getting your needs met.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#580  Postby Thommo » Apr 02, 2020 12:25 pm

#1 Postby jamest » Dec 07, 2018 9:08 pm:
jamest wrote:I was pondering whether to purchase some cryptocurrency so have been doing some reading these last few days to try and educate myself.

#553 Postby jamest » Apr 02, 2020 3:15 am :
jamest wrote:I've been studying economics for two years almost. Let's leave it at that.

This gradual changing of the story from casual interest and light reading over 15 months to two years of actual study is ample reason for nobody to take you seriously.

It would be harder to spot if it wasn't literally the first thing you wrote in the first sentence of the thread.

This is just one of numerous striking examples, like the fact this thread followed up from a thread in which you claimed to have no interest in bitcoin, just the underlying blockchain technology. Or the fact you predicted a clear bull run through to 100k for bitcoin within 18 months after it started, that has already failed to transpire and are somehow claiming unrelated events as vindication of your claims.
Thommo

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion