The ramifications of blockchain technology?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#661  Postby jamest » Jul 28, 2020 1:21 am

Just a general report. Anyone following the economic situation will know that gold has hit an all-time high this week and that silver too is starting to rocket in price. I first recommended that you buy the precious metals back in February of 2019 too, so for anyone who has you've - like me - been well rewarded. My gold has increased in price approaching 50%. Silver, though slow to follow, is now accelerating (in terms of percentage rewards) past gold. Of course, a correction is on the cards at some point, but I still expect the precious metals to proceed towards ever-increasing prices in the medium-term. Certainly, $5K per ounce gold is not an unreasonable expectation within the next 24 months (currently almost $2K) if not much sooner. $100+ per ounce silver (currently close to $25), is what I'll be hoping for over the same time-frame.
The moral of the story? Buy silver and gold, but primarily silver. If not actual silver & gold, then stocks/etfs/etc. in those metals or mines.

As for cryptocurrency, what can I say? In March of this year Bitcoin crashed about 50+%. A liquidity crisis - a desperate grasping of cash - due to panic over covid-19. A crash so drastic that it almost wiped-out all of my gains over the previous year and I had to seriously question my position. Thankfully, I said "fuck it" and held my trench, as now it's back to over $11K since then and particularly after a wonderful day or two. In actual fact, today is the richest I've ever been in terms of my own personal 'balance sheet' (that includes the month of June in 2019, when Bitcoin was over $13K in price). That's not a boast, for I'm far from being rich, but it certainly shows to me that my predictions/actions have yet to be proven foolish.

Having invested in the aforementioned assets for the last 18-ish months, I obviously realise what a stress it can be and how up-and-down things can get, but at this moment in time it should be noted that EVERYTHING I said 18 months ago - about a year before covid-19 - is playing out exactly as I said it might. Of course, I didn't predict covid-19 (but I did infer that the next demise was awaiting the next 'black swan' event), but the demise of the US dollar is on the cards and a $50-100K Bitcoin price for the end of 2021 is still a potential reality to be taken seriously! Imo. Only time will tell, but if I'm right then there's still a window of opportunity for people to invest in crypto and make 5X+ gains within the next 18 months.
Last edited by jamest on Jul 28, 2020 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#662  Postby Hermit » Jul 28, 2020 1:28 am

jamest wrote:The moral of the story?

:lol:
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#663  Postby jamest » Jul 28, 2020 1:32 am

Hermit wrote:

There are morals within finances, squire.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#664  Postby Hermit » Jul 28, 2020 1:50 am

jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:

And "Buy silver and gold, but primarily silver." is one of them? :scratch:
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#665  Postby jamest » Jul 28, 2020 2:21 am

Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Someone like you [I expect] will know about the gold:silver ratio and why it is currently in gold's favour. It's all about getting value from your investments. Why some investments SHOULD be worth more than others.
Last edited by jamest on Jul 28, 2020 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#666  Postby Hermit » Jul 28, 2020 2:38 am

jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Someone like you [I expect] will know about the gold:silver ratio and why it is currently in golds favour. It's all about getting value from your investments. Why some investments SHOULD be worth more than others.

Sure, but where is the moral of the story? I always thought the moral of a story is the ethical lesson or meaning that is learned from the story, but English is only my third language, so you could correct me about that.

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#667  Postby jamest » Jul 28, 2020 2:56 am

Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:

Someone like you [I expect] will know about the gold:silver ratio and why it is currently in golds favour. It's all about getting value from your investments. Why some investments SHOULD be worth more than others.

Sure, but where is the moral of the story? I always thought the moral of a story is the ethical lesson or meaning that is learned from the story, but English is only my third language, so you could correct me about that.

Your THIRD language? That's very impressive, squire. What are your primary languages?

As stated, there are morals/ethics within any environment, even a prison environment, so expect no less in a financial environment. It is easy to argue, for instance, that the rise of share prices in this current environment is unethical, but I'm not here to discuss ethics. If I were, I'd be bullshitting you in the PHILOSOPHY forum. Clearly, I'm here where I am specificically to discuss finances.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#668  Postby Hermit » Jul 28, 2020 3:11 am

jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Your THIRD language? That's very impressive, squire. What are your primary languages?

You can consult my profile for the list of languages I speak. And don't keep addressing me as squire.

jamest wrote:...there are morals/ethics within any environment...

Maybe so, but what ethical lesson inheres "buy silver and gold, but primarily silver."?

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#669  Postby Thommo » Jul 28, 2020 6:38 am

jamest wrote:That's not a boast

Of course it is. You don't need to make this about your own position to discuss the ramifications of blockchain technology. The pattern of you posting in this thread after big positive movements in the bitcoin price has already been noted, although it didn't go down especially well with you.

If we want to know what your actual predictions were we are probably better looking at what you said at the time, as it's here on public display.

Bitcoin, Feb 16 2019:
jamest wrote:I'm anticipating a high of 50-150K after the next bull run, which I think will begin within the next year and peak around 18 months later.

In an update on this one you acknowledged the end of the bear market on Apr 02 2019, making the date of 18 months later Oct 02 2020.

Gold, Feb 16, 2019:
jamest wrote:I don't envisage any great profits from that though. Still, it's a safe option I suppose.

To be fair, I think you subsequently shifted your position on this a bit, although I can't recall the change being acknowledged.

Economic Effects of Coronavirus, Mar 18, 2020 & Apr 12 2020:
jamest wrote:If I was in Donald Trump's position now, I'd spare you all the bullshit and tell you the actual truth, which is that the economical crisis resulting from this particular virus will kill more than half of us.

jamest wrote:Personally, I am of the opinion that the proceeding economical disaster will kill numbers into the billions.
Thommo

Print view this post

#670  Postby Svartalf » Jul 28, 2020 8:06 am

Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Buy those like NOW? that's silly, the prices are sky high.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#671  Postby Hermit » Jul 28, 2020 8:27 am

Svartalf wrote:
Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Buy those like NOW? that's silly, the prices are sky high.

Never mind the price. Check the moral of the story!

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#672  Postby Svartalf » Jul 28, 2020 9:06 am

the moral of the story is that when you invest in something when the price is too high, you end up losing money, unless you don't do investment but speculation, and do manage to sell your "investment" with a margin of profit before the prices get down again.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#673  Postby Hermit » Jul 28, 2020 9:43 am

Svartalf wrote:the moral of the story is that when you invest in something when the price is too high, you end up losing money, unless you don't do investment but speculation, and do manage to sell your "investment" with a margin of profit before the prices get down again.

That's sound financial advice, the shorter version of which is "buy low, sell high". Ethical lessons don't enter into it.

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#674  Postby jamest » Aug 01, 2020 2:41 am

Since mid-February of 2019, about a year before most of us were aware of covid-19, I was informing you all of a financial crisis that was imminent. That's why I started investing in crypto and the precious metals, then. This was after substantial research into the economical state of The West and elsewhere.

I'm not here to blow my own trumpet regardless of the gains gold/silver and crypto have made since then. I'm here merely to inform you, as should be evident, that the economy of The West (primarily the USA) is (in my opinion, probably in much less than one year) about to sink like the Titanic.

Please disregard the most recent activity of the stock-market, as it's a sham wrt to the economy/GDP of most countries this year. No doubt funded, substantially, by millions of Americans in lock-down who were being given more tp stay at home than they were earning at work ($600 pw).

I understand that I'm not popular here, but that does not undermine my responsibility, as a long-term member here, from trying my best to help you all. Therefore, I shall try, probably for the last time as time is running out, to advise you all to get your wealth out of anything valued in fiat currency. Or, at the very least, to invest a significant portion of your fiat wealth into the precious metals and crypto.

Everything you're familiar with is going to do a Titanic. Pull your fucking heads out of the sand and save yourselves, ffs, as there's very little time left now.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#675  Postby jamest » Aug 01, 2020 3:11 am

Rest assured that I'm on this Titanic too. That's why I chose to abandon ship (given a chance) about a year before it started sinking, so to speak.

I don't want anything from you guys, not even a thumbs-up. It's not too late to save yourselves from this catastrophe. If I can ultimately save even one person here from starvation/etc. with these words, then regardless of the abuse it was worth it. So, I'll continue to do so whilst I can. I don't give a shit about the abuse anyway, as if that wasn't fucking obvious from my past here anyway, for any fucking dimwits here.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#676  Postby Hermit » Aug 01, 2020 8:04 am

jamest wrote:I understand that I'm not popular here, but that does not undermine my responsibility, as a long-term member here, from trying my best to help you all.

Thanks for your advice. Your attempt to help us all, financially here, and on any other matter everywhere else, reminds me of this cat:

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#677  Postby Hermit » Aug 01, 2020 8:10 am

jamest wrote:I shall try, probably for the last time as time is running out, to advise you all to get your wealth out of anything valued in fiat currency

Well, that attempt foundered exactly half an hour after it was announced.
jamest wrote:Rest assured that I'm on this Titanic too. That's why I chose to abandon ship (given a chance) about a year before it started sinking, so to speak.

I don't want anything from you guys, not even a thumbs-up. It's not too late to save yourselves from this catastrophe. If I can ultimately save even one person here from starvation/etc. with these words, then regardless of the abuse it was worth it. So, I'll continue to do so whilst I can. I don't give a shit about the abuse anyway, as if that wasn't fucking obvious from my past here anyway, for any fucking dimwits here.

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#678  Postby Macdoc » Aug 01, 2020 10:22 am

I wonder if Jamest actually has bullion cached under his floor boards?
and if so, what remarkable recipe he has to make it nutricious. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#679  Postby OlivierK » Aug 02, 2020 6:54 am

You just need to shake bullion until it's bouillon. Easy peasy.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#680  Postby jamest » Aug 15, 2020 1:54 am

I can't remember where I posted about my gardening exploits (I'm no gardener!) and cannot be arsed looking (feel free to move this, but it's all interconnected anyway), but the spuds were a great success and I've planted more now in time for xmas/winter. I was keen to do that as I'm genuinely worried about food shortages in the short to medium term.

Most of my other gardening ventures were relatively dire. The tomatoes did okay. No more fucking radishes and carrots though. Certainly, no more lettuce and rocket, which apparently (in the case of rocket) I thought were weeds. eek. You live and learn.

Elsewhere, silver/gold have suffered a mild correction and bitcoin could either be going to the moon or be due a significant correction fairly soon. I'm not panicking either way. I'm holding out for the dream, which is not to be a victim of the global atrocity currently unfolding before us. Ultimately, atrocities have driven all 'human' progress. Revolution!

Don't be a fucking mug. If you are not currently outraged by your own government's reaction to a virus which has currently killed less people than the seasonal flu, then you need to get your heads out of your butts and ask yourselves why the Earth is in lockdown and the global economy is fucked before it's too late to stop the starvation pandemic which will ensue. Not least this Nazi regime.

You don't need to be a believer in God/devil here to see impending doom for the majority. It's fucking obvious.

Regardless of whether God exists, the majority of you numpties need to realise that this is a a Global Crisis, very soon, which will NOT be corrected locally.

What may have become lost here in the fog is that there were more than financial/survival reasons for me investing in cryptocurrency and the precious metals. If you're anywhere on a par with me, you should be DISGUSTED with the political status quo.

What confuses me the most, is that most of the major social/political revolutions on this planet happened before the late 20th century. Yet, here we are, all globally interconnected it seems through the internet, and not one fucking hero has emerged to challenge and overturn this fucking disaster.

I'm fucking disgusted with that fact. Everyoner's apparently doing their hair and make-up, so it seems. It's a disgrace and unless sufficient numbers of us pull our heads from our arses soon, the game will cease running.

Therefore, I shall pursue seeking not only spiritual reform, but political reform, which is intrinsically spiritual reform in small acts.

Feel free to take the piss. I really don't give a fuck.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion