The ramifications of blockchain technology?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#881  Postby jamest » Feb 23, 2021 4:20 am

The_Metatron wrote:I do own my house, and I am retired. None of that was accidental or lucky. It took planning and execution.

Jamest, what is the value added in the thing of which you hold shares? Why should I want that thing?

I'd buy shares in your bike business. You're smart and a hard worker. So, the value is in the fundamentals.

However, value also depends upon the currency in which something is valued. Do you know what is happening to the $ as we speak?

Crumbling.

You can be the smartest hard-working guy in the world, but if your currency is worth shit then your efforts will be for nothing if your currency tanks.

Though I lack your skills, I've worked hard all of my life. The difference between us, right now, is that I've realised the significance of the currency in which one gets paid.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#882  Postby felltoearth » Feb 24, 2021 12:21 am

jamest wrote:
felltoearth wrote:I’m ok with this and not gambling away my investments.

You did well. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, but YET AGAIN let me reiterate that my INVESTMENT back in early 2019 was no less than a gamble than your own. Presumably, you had researched your investments prior to investing? Well, guess what, so did I.

As I said, congratulations. You made out well.

"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#883  Postby felltoearth » Feb 24, 2021 10:46 pm

I was thinking a bit about this and I am wondering Jamest what market metrics you used in your original prediction of bitcoin gains which informed your opinion. Did those metrics pan out and align with your prediction?

"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#884  Postby The_Metatron » Feb 24, 2021 11:47 pm

jamest wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:I do own my house, and I am retired. None of that was accidental or lucky. It took planning and execution.

Jamest, what is the value added in the thing of which you hold shares? Why should I want that thing?

I'd buy shares in your bike business. You're smart and a hard worker. So, the value is in the fundamentals.

However, value also depends upon the currency in which something is valued. Do you know what is happening to the $ as we speak?

Crumbling.

You can be the smartest hard-working guy in the world, but if your currency is worth shit then your efforts will be for nothing if your currency tanks.

Though I lack your skills, I've worked hard all of my life. The difference between us, right now, is that I've realised the significance of the currency in which one gets paid.

Ahh, I see. Pretty sure I've heard of what you're doing before. Currency speculation.

Nope, not interested. My currency is just fine, since I live where it is used. I really don't bother myself with the price of parts from overseas. I provide a service people need. They seek me out, it needs to be done. Like a loaf of bread, as long as you have money, you don't bother too much how much that bread costs. You buy the loaf you need. Since I buy parts on a cash basis, it's a simple thing to work in their replacement costs in the prices I charge for my parts.

I have lived abroad while being paid in dollars. It doesn't always work so well, as you can imagine.

But locally, the exchange rate for dollars or guineas, what have you, doesn't affect daily life that much here.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#885  Postby gobshite » Feb 25, 2021 2:37 am

jamest wrote:

Crumbling.

How so? Is this somehow related to your ridiculous inflation prediction?
gobshite

Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion