Trump COVID-19

Responsibility for.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Trump COVID-19

#261  Postby Svartalf » Jul 25, 2020 1:43 pm

maybe careless blood transfusion will give him HIV to boot
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#262  Postby Seabass » Jul 25, 2020 9:44 pm

Rush Limbaugh is training his audience to question the reality of COVID-19

Trump called Fox News contributor who likened COVID-19 to the flu his guide to vaccines

In a July 22 interview, President Donald Trump told Dr. Marc Siegel that the Fox News medical contributor is “almost like my guide” to COVID-19 vaccines and therapeutics because “you really have a good take on it.” Siegel, a longtime contributor and nearly constant presence on Fox News since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, has spread misinformation about the virus, said the “worst case scenario” is “it could be the flu,” criticized states for rolling back restrictions after cases spiked again, and said Dr. Anthony Fauci’s job was to agree with the president.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

Print view this post

#263  Postby Seabass » Jul 25, 2020 10:19 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#264  Postby The_Piper » Jul 26, 2020 12:48 am

Seabass wrote:Image

She thinks she's so clever, I'm sure. What lack of... mental acuity to think walking around like that is a good plan for the day. I can even turn this into a post about woodchucks, when I again reiterate that they're born more civilized than people. I say that like I'm kidding, but I ain't kidding. :nono:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#265  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 26, 2020 4:54 am

The_Piper wrote:

She thinks she's so clever, I'm sure. What lack of... mental acuity to think walking around like that is a good plan for the day. I can even turn this into a post about woodchucks, when I again reiterate that they're born more civilized than people. I say that like I'm kidding, but I ain't kidding. :nono:

Surely we here at RatSkep are well-used to the practice of over-stating grievances. There's nothing observed in that tweet but infantile narcissism. There might be a better term, and that's why I'd better stick to observing "grievances overstated".

Marshall MN might as well be in Iowa or South Dakota. It has a population of less than 15000. It's rural, and you can't be in any doubt what the rural US is like, living where you do in Maine. The next step is found, not in WalMart, but out by the woodchipper in Fargo. It's easy to feel judgemental about rural Americans, but this is what they grew up with.

From wikipedia:

The Redwood River's flood plain begins in Marshall.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#266  Postby Tero » Jul 26, 2020 10:51 am

Well, yes, there is a sameness to the rural areas. Just the climate differs a bit. I remember the big change on driving 20 miles from St Louis in any direction. It was as if you had driven into the South, but people still talking in Midwest accents.
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#267  Postby The_Piper » Jul 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

Surely we here at RatSkep are well-used to the practice of over-stating grievances. There's nothing observed in that tweet but infantile narcissism. There might be a better term, and that's why I'd better stick to observing "grievances overstated".

Marshall MN might as well be in Iowa or South Dakota. It has a population of less than 15000. It's rural, and you can't be in any doubt what the rural US is like, living where you do in Maine. The next step is found, not in WalMart, but out by the woodchipper in Fargo. It's easy to feel judgemental about rural Americans, but this is what they grew up with.

From wikipedia:

15000 is bigger than any town within 80 miles, and none that big heading north from here. But that's just an interesting sidenote. Honestly it's different up here compared to most rural places outside of New England that I've been to. I can't speak for the upper midwest or west, never having been there. I can't remember seeing any confederate flag memorabilia anywhere in Maine. Of course it's the north, but I also don't see people going around with second amendment memorabilia, for instance, or Hitlery shirts. I would be shocked to see someone in public with Nazi imagery. We have plenty of ignorance, and even plenty of "soft" racism, but people are not so in your face about it. It's not publicly acceptable to be racist in the open here. Thank The Ghost of Mr Woodchcuckles. :dopey:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#268  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 26, 2020 2:48 pm

The_Piper wrote:
15000 is bigger than any town within 80 miles, and none that big heading north from here. But that's just an interesting sidenote. Honestly it's different up here compared to most rural places outside of New England that I've been to. I can't speak for the upper midwest or west, never having been there. I can't remember seeing any confederate flag memorabilia anywhere in Maine. Of course it's the north, but I also don't see people going around with second amendment memorabilia, for instance, or Hitlery shirts. I would be shocked to see someone in public with Nazi imagery. We have plenty of ignorance, and even plenty of "soft" racism, but people are not so in your face about it. It's not publicly acceptable to be racist in the open here. Thank The Ghost of Mr Woodchcuckles. :dopey:

Yes, I know that; Maine isn't the great plains. Maybe the point is that this kind of stuff thrives in little burgs of 15 or 20 thousand, but not so much in the backwoods. I don't know what politics is like in Maine fishing villages that aren't very touristy.

Gray, a town north of Portland and to which I've been, is a little smaller, has Howell's gun shop and indoor range and a thing called "Bible Believing Baptist Church". I dunno, though. I was just passing through. I've met Mainers who aren't particularly friendly to folks "from away". I've only ever traveled there in conjunction with someone else's desire to visit relatives and friends. I've also been to the corner of the Midwest where Marshall is located and lots of other similar places, but not since things got way redder out there.

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#269  Postby The_Piper » Jul 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Oh yeah, there's plenty of religious, and "people who claim to be religious but break any old commandment they feel like", and gun owners are probably in the majority, but that doesn't also include open racism. No question there are racist people around, because they exist everywhere, but it's not apparent in day to day public life. I live right in the bible belt of Maine, almost fully pro-Trump at that. :waah: It's worth it. The culture up here is live and let live, and myob. But if someone went to my local grocery store with swastika masks on, I'm betting they'd be kindly asked to remove them or leave before even getting to the checkout.
This doesn't change the discussion much, but there are only 12 cities and towns in Maine of more than 10,000 people. :lol: I can speak for all of the towns above 5000 people between Brewer and Fort Kent, and no swastikas or confederate flags, no 2nd amendment bumper stickers that I've ever spotted. I do see Trump/Republican campaign signs on lawns, and I don't know how they square it in their head with religion, but that goes for the whole country. :crazy:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#270  Postby Seabass » Jul 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

From wikipedia:

Who's being judgemental about rural Americans? I only see people being judgemental about the dicks with swastikas on their faces.
Seabass

Print view this post

#271  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Seabass wrote:
Who's being judgemental about rural Americans?

I wasn't accusing you of being judgmental of rural Americans. Were you so accusing me? Making fun of Podunk has a long tradition in American humor. Maybe these days it's considered politically incorrect because it adds a soupçon to polarization.

Rural America isn't all rural. Urban America isn't all urban. Many rural Americans move to the city because they're bored (and maybe also poor) in Whistle Stop, Iowa. Social media reach the hicks wherever they live. Does that help?

felltoearth wrote:
Fucking Okanagan. The Florida of BC. Home of this asshole. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockwell_Day

That's Canada, but you get the idea.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#272  Postby The_Piper » Jul 27, 2020 12:19 am

They made ABC news, second only to a story on Trump not throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees game.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cou ... dlines_hed
“Store management offered the individuals disposable face masks as an alternative, which they refused. The individuals became belligerent and were asked to leave the store by store management,” Walmart said.

The couple's trespass ban is for at least a year and applies to all Walmart stores, the company said."
:picard:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#273  Postby Seabass » Jul 27, 2020 12:54 am

ibid wrote:“If you vote for (Democratic presidential candidate Joe) Biden, you’re going to be living in Nazi Germany, that's what it's going to be like,” the woman with the swastika mask said in the video as her husband loaded bags of groceries into a shopping cart.

The husband was wearing a Trump shirt. They think Biden is closer to Nazi Germany than Trump. Biden, the most milquetoast centrist imaginable. It's got to be lead poisoning. There's no way poor education alone can explain such lunacy...
Last edited by Seabass on Jul 27, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seabass

Print view this post

#274  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 27, 2020 1:22 am

I'm imagining quite a few view him as a barely functioning figurehead. They're worried about the real threat: the Deep Steak.

Sorry, I'm hungry.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#275  Postby Tero » Jul 28, 2020 10:57 am

Trump gorillas providing "law and order"
https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1 ... 3940448256

when in fact they themselves are providing the conflict. If the people insist on protesting at night, Trump will keep this up till November.
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#276  Postby Seabass » Jul 29, 2020 6:04 pm

Seabass

Print view this post

#277  Postby Seabass » Jul 29, 2020 9:54 pm

I recommend not watching this if you don't want to be driven mad by an obnoxious display of militant stupidity.

Seabass

Print view this post

#278  Postby Seabass » Jul 31, 2020 2:18 am

Conservative youth group Turning Point USA co-founder Charlie Kirk:
Do not force me to wear a mask. It's that simple. I'm not going to do it. I'm not. [...] [E]very single time I go into one of these grocery stores, ‘Where’s your mask?’ I say, well first of all, the science around masks is very questionable, very questionable. In fact some people, some doctors think that masks actually make you sicker and have you less likely to be able to get oxygen and more likely to infect yourself, and less likely to be able to fight the virus, and actually more likely to be able to die sooner.

The other Turning Point USA co-founder:

Turning Point USA co-founder Bill Montgomery dead at 80 from coronavirus
Seabass

Print view this post

#279  Postby Animavore » Jul 31, 2020 4:39 pm

Jesus fuck!

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07 ... w2U8oOmbOA
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#280  Postby Svartalf » Jul 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Didn't they tar and feather some officials after the Boston tea party? I could think of people deserving that and worse...
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion