What's going on with the league of reason?

forums seem down

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

What's going on with the league of reason?

#1  Postby Rumraket » Mar 13, 2019 11:54 pm

Looks like something happened to http://forums.theleagueofreason.co.uk/. I just get this when I go the URL:

tlor.png
tlor.png (177.85 KiB) Viewed 533 times
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: What's going on with the league of reason?

#2  Postby mindhack » Mar 15, 2019 8:48 am

I was wondering the same thing.

Can't find anything.
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 15, 2019 8:01 am

There was a Discord channel that some members there were using, but after downloading Discord specifically to join that channel, I then found Discord to be an atrocious app for discussion formats and promptly deleted it.

I would have to guess that they've given up. With such a low member count and so few posts, I guess after hitting that 10 year mark, whoever was in charge just thought fuck it. I hope I'm wrong, but it's been a couple of months.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby Rumraket » Apr 15, 2019 11:08 am

I spoke to one of the admins on IRC chat over there a few weeks ago and he said there was a problem with the forum software being too old when the server host updated their hardware. They are working to fix it but have no ETA.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#5  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 16, 2019 3:54 am

Rumraket wrote:I spoke to one of the admins on IRC chat over there a few weeks ago and he said there was a problem with the forum software being too old when the server host updated their hardware. They are working to fix it but have no ETA.

Well, that's good news then, in a way. Thanks for passing that on!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby Nesslig 20 » Aug 15, 2019 11:56 am

Rumraket wrote:I spoke to one of the admins on IRC chat over there a few weeks ago and he said there was a problem with the forum software being too old when the server host updated their hardware. They are working to fix it but have no ETA.

Hello, I saw this thread a few months back and I was hopeful that the league of reason would come back, but (as of yet) it hasn't. So I just made my account on this forum and I was curious if there has been any update yet. Still no ETA?
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
- Charles Darwin
Nesslig 20

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 15, 2019 4:49 pm

I find it hard to imagine they'd be able to salvage the forum at this point. With there being such a low membership in the first instance, and the amount of time they've been down, I expect most of those few will have moved on.

Still, it had a good run - be nice to have some channels open to gather them up here.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Return to General Discussion