4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#121  Postby theropod » Jul 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Soral wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Soral wrote:Unlikely, but not impossible.


Well as you can cite no examples of large deep sea lifeforms behaving in the way required to meet all your criteria, lets say highly improbable.

The evidence suggests that no such sea serpent attack occurred.
There is no evidence to support the highly improbable scenario you are outlining.

To justify your claims, you're going to need some highly remarkable evidence.



Where is this report which states there weren't any marks on the body?


You're the one making these asinine claims and it's up to support them. The coroners report lists cause of death as drowning. If you want to add sea serpent bite marks YOU are going to have to provide that evidence. You can't and you won't because there is no such evidence and you fucking know it. Stop evading and address the fact that you have no evidence whatsoever for the claim of a sea serpent attack.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7529
Age: 67
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#122  Postby BlackBart » Jul 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Soral wrote:That's up to nature.


Fatuous excuse. You haven't demonstated that this creature exists yet. Announcing it's part of nature is, again, assertion.



If something dies and falls to the ocean floor, nothing is pulling it to shores.


Another fatuous excuse for lack of evidence.


If an animal that lives in only open and deep water floats when it dies, it could easily be pushed to shores by wind or surface currents.


Moronic speculation.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#123  Postby Soral » Jul 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Soral wrote:Where is this report which states there weren't any marks on the body?


What are you claiming here?
If you're suggesting that if this report doesn't exist then the story must be true, I'd like to point out that the lack of evidence for a sea serpent attack NOT occurring is not evidence that one did.

You're the one making the extraordinary claim, you present the evidence.


One of the posters here said there were no injuries on Bradford Rice's body. I'd like to know where this information was gathered.
User avatar
Soral
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Sora
Posts: 60

Country: Sweden
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#124  Postby Soral » Jul 11, 2014 6:42 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Soral wrote:That's up to nature.


Fatuous excuse. You haven't demonstated that this creature exists yet. Announcing it's part of nature is, again, assertion.



If something dies and falls to the ocean floor, nothing is pulling it to shores.


Another fatuous excuse for lack of evidence.


If an animal that lives in only open and deep water floats when it dies, it could easily be pushed to shores by wind or surface currents.


Moronic speculation.


If sea serpents exist, then it's a matter of time. I'm not going to go out on a boat and 'demonstrate' the existence of sea serpents.
User avatar
Soral
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Sora
Posts: 60

Country: Sweden
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#125  Postby theropod » Jul 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Soral wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Soral wrote:Where is this report which states there weren't any marks on the body?


What are you claiming here?
If you're suggesting that if this report doesn't exist then the story must be true, I'd like to point out that the lack of evidence for a sea serpent attack NOT occurring is not evidence that one did.

You're the one making the extraordinary claim, you present the evidence.


One of the posters here said there were no injuries on Bradford Rice's body. I'd like to know where this information was gathered.


You've been provided that information. It is not mentioned in the coroners report that I could find. Cause of death was listed as drowning. How about you show me to be in error. If you can I will admit I was wrong. If you can't the fact that you made the assertion of a sea serpent attack will remain unfounded conjecture. Are we ever gonna see you provide ANY fucking evidence, or can we expect to see an endless stream of bullshit posted by you?

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7529
Age: 67
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#126  Postby Soral » Jul 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Wait a minute, so you have read the coroner's report of Bradford?

Cause of death doesn't mean much, the CIRCUMSTANCES of death are important. As I have said before, death from drowning could arise from being held down by an animal - as evident in the case of Dawn Brancheau.
So here's my question:

Did the coroner's report mention any injuries?
User avatar
Soral
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Sora
Posts: 60

Country: Sweden
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#127  Postby BlackBart » Jul 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Soral wrote:
If sea serpents exist, then it's a matter of time.


And if my Granny had wheels she'd be a wagon.

I'm not going to go out on a boat and 'demonstrate' the existence of sea serpents.


Oh look a Strawman. You don't need to do that. You just need to provide evidence that's stronger than anecdote and speculation. Obviously, you have none.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#128  Postby Sendraks » Jul 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Soral wrote:As I have said before, death from drowning could arise from being held down by an animal

Which would raise the question of why a supposed deep sea dwelling creature would come into coastal waters and supposedly hold the bodies of teenagers under water.

For shits and giggles?

Soral wrote:Did the coroner's report mention any injuries?


Would that make any difference to you if it didn't? You're clearly demonstrating a very strong desire to make evidence fit your hypothesis, rather than look at what the evidence actually presents.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15239
Age: 104
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#129  Postby Soral » Jul 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Soral wrote:As I have said before, death from drowning could arise from being held down by an animal

Which would raise the question of why a supposed deep sea dwelling creature would come into coastal waters and supposedly hold the bodies of teenagers under water.

For shits and giggles?

Soral wrote:Did the coroner's report mention any injuries?


Would that make any difference to you if it didn't? You're clearly demonstrating a very strong desire to make evidence fit your hypothesis, rather than look at what the evidence actually presents.


If there weren't any injuries it would negate any attack by an animal and be evidence that McCleary's story is false.
User avatar
Soral
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Sora
Posts: 60

Country: Sweden
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#130  Postby Sendraks » Jul 11, 2014 6:59 pm

Soral wrote:If there weren't any injuries it would negate any attack by an animal and be evidence that McCleary's story is false.


Oh good, so at least you're putting the "held under the water" theory to bed.
Although the important thing to emphasise here is the evidence of "injuries caused by an animal" as opposed to injuries, which wooheads then speculate as being caused by a cryptid.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15239
Age: 104
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#131  Postby BlackBart » Jul 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Soral wrote:Wait a minute, so you have read the coroner's report of Bradford?

Cause of death doesn't mean much, the CIRCUMSTANCES of death are important. As I have said before, death from drowning could arise from being held down by an animal - as evident in the case of Dawn Brancheau.
So here's my question:

Did the coroner's report mention any injuries?


You can speculate what you like. You can speculate that she saw a sea serpent, or a bunyip, or the Yorkshire fucking Ripper and panicked and drowned. This is why speculation is worthless. It doesn't tell us anything.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#132  Postby BlackBart » Jul 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Soral wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Soral wrote:As I have said before, death from drowning could arise from being held down by an animal

Which would raise the question of why a supposed deep sea dwelling creature would come into coastal waters and supposedly hold the bodies of teenagers under water.

For shits and giggles?

Soral wrote:Did the coroner's report mention any injuries?


Would that make any difference to you if it didn't? You're clearly demonstrating a very strong desire to make evidence fit your hypothesis, rather than look at what the evidence actually presents.


If there weren't any injuries it would negate any attack by an animal and be evidence that McCleary's story is false.


As there's no positive evidence, there's no reason to look for negative evidence. It doesn't get to be a scary sea beastie by default.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#133  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 12, 2014 3:24 am

But what about my fucking bunyip!
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
User avatar
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator
 
Posts: 10344
Age: 35
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#134  Postby BlackBart » Jul 12, 2014 9:53 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:But what about my fucking bunyip!


Have you looked down the back of the sofa?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#135  Postby Sendraks » Jul 12, 2014 11:12 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:But what about my fucking bunyip!


I'm sure there is a market for your cryptid sex doll somewhere.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15239
Age: 104
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#136  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Those two posts cracked me up, good work.

To be honest I used to love reading these monster/horror/mystery stories and still really do. I love reading about all the crazy what ifs and I love reading the work of people who know what they are on about give very convincing hypothesis for what really happened.

The one about a Russian hiking group that cut open their tent, ran down a snow covered hill, some making it to the trees overs dying in the snow, some wearing bits of clothing ripped off the others, their bodies being found to be radioactive and some having the inside of theirs mouths eaten out was really fucking creepy. Should be made into a shaky cam perspective movie that I will never ever watch because that kind of filming makes me angry.

Basically to sum up, eye witnesses are often wrong about what they saw. People in stress are known to make shit up, people who do dumb shit that gets their friends killed are known to telling whopping lies that no one will believe and sometimes people just fucking lie for attention. In no way does any of that prove that sea monsters exist, much stronger evidence is needed.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
User avatar
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator
 
Posts: 10344
Age: 35
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#137  Postby Imagination Theory » Jul 22, 2014 2:47 am

You're talking about the Dyatlov Pass incident? Very creepy, there are some really good mystery's out there. They actually did make a movie, it's really bad.
Я пью за разоренный дом,
За злую жизнь мою,
За одиночество вдвоем,
И за тебя я пью, -
За ложь меня предавших губ,
За мертвый холод глаз,
За то, что мир жесток и груб,
За то, что Бог не спас.


Андре́евна

אני מתגעגע הביתה
User avatar
Imagination Theory
 
Posts: 5981

Botswana (bw)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#138  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 22, 2014 5:14 am

Yep that is the one, I was looking it up at the time for a roleplaying game I was running as well as other mysteries. I never actually used it in the game, couldn't figure out how to really fit it in that well. Was creepy as all hell, at least the suggested ideas of what happened the truth is no doubt not very creepy at all but that is the fun of it.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
User avatar
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator
 
Posts: 10344
Age: 35
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: 4 teenagers in Pensacola Harbour killed by a sea serpent?

#139  Postby terrafirma » Sep 21, 2014 10:03 am

james1v wrote:
Soral wrote:

Maybe its "Nessie" on holiday? :think:



Everyone, thread closed, we have an answer
terrafirma
 
Name: Stuart
Posts: 4

Country: UK
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest