5 Mysterious Artifacts No One Can Explain

errrr well, 4 actually, maybe...I didn't use google

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

5 Mysterious Artifacts No One Can Explain

#1  Postby Teague » Feb 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Right at the end of this video, his 5th "mysterious artifact" that can't be explained actually can be with a quick 30 second google search.

According to this idiot's youtube video, the hammer is nearly "500 million years old" and is "so old it's starting to turn to coal"

Except its only several magnitudes of centuries younger than this twerp is claiming. It's the last 30 seconds of so of the video. My google search came back with this...

Finally, in the late 1990's Baugh supporter David Lines reported on a web site (Lines, 1997, 1999) that carbon 14 dating had "recently" been done on a specimen from the inside of the handle, and that the results "showed inconclusive dates ranging from the present to 700 years ago." No information was given by Lines about when or where the dating was done, nor was any formal report referenced. The date range also seems a little curious, since most C14 labs report a date with a plus-or-minus margin of error, rather than a wide range. Perhaps a number of tests were done with different results, but Lines does not clarify this. Evidently preferring a date in the thousands of years, Lines asserted that the dating results provided "graphic evidence that the handle has been contaminated by current organic substances." However, C14 labs have ways of minimizing modern carbon contamination, and it would not likely produce ages orders of magnitude in error.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/hammer.htm

Considering the video was posted last year, June 2015 and this article predates that, why make yourself look like a cock?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: 5 Mysterious Artifacts No One Can Explain

#2  Postby Teague » Feb 18, 2016 5:42 pm

OMG gotta love the youtube comments.....

"That hammer comes from a time when there was NO life on land! Aliens is literally the only explanation!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Rumraket » Feb 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Teague wrote:According to this idiot's youtube video, the hammer is nearly "500 million years old" and is "so old it's starting to turn to coal"

So aliens ventured across the cosmos and left.. a hammer with a wooden handle in the cambrian? :rofl:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#4  Postby jamest » Feb 18, 2016 8:07 pm

What's the score with the rock covering the hammer? The geezer says it's 400 million years old!

And what's the score with those pipes at the beginning?
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#5  Postby BlackBart » Feb 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Rumraket wrote:
Teague wrote:According to this idiot's youtube video, the hammer is nearly "500 million years old" and is "so old it's starting to turn to coal"

So aliens ventured across the cosmos and left.. a hammer with a wooden handle in the cambrian? :rofl:

How else are you going to knock out dents in your flying saucer when you crash land on some prehistoric planet in the outer spiral arm of some backwater galaxy?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Feb 18, 2016 8:18 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

How else are you going to knock out dents in your flying saucer when you crash land on some prehistoric planet in the outer spiral arm of some backwater galaxy?

I play Minecraft so I can say this is how it would be done, from personal experience.

First you start by punching trees...
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Hobbes Choice » Feb 18, 2016 10:49 pm

"Planes" = birds, bugs, bees.
Balls = balls, speaks for itself.
Dodecahedron? interesting.
Show me the hammer. Interestingly 'fossilisation' can happen very quickly in the right condition. Inside the stone monument of Bryn Celli The on Anglesea is a fossilised piece of wood that has been previously tool cut; believed curated by the Neolithic people for its unusual appearance, and carefully erected inside the monument.
Hobbes Choice
Banned User

Name: Arthur Noni Mauss

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby DougC » Feb 19, 2016 2:00 am

For the life of me I can't remember where I saw it but there was this nut job who would write to the National Geographicand send in the 'artefacts' he found in his back yard. They would always write back;

Re the Mesolithic Pygmies head you unearthed, we have come to the conclusion it is a 'Barbie' head circa 1960....
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Rumraket » Feb 19, 2016 10:48 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

I play Minecraft so I can say this is how it would be done, from personal experience.

Hmm, I'm starting to get in a minecraft mood again. That feeling of starting over is always awesome. Establishing a camp, mining your first iron pick, digging deeper for diamonds, going exploring for other types of wood, making your first garden so you can grow crops etc. etc.
Yep, it's coming back to me! :fly:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#10  Postby aban57 » Feb 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Rumraket wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

Hmm, I'm starting to get in a minecraft mood again. That feeling of starting over is always awesome. Establishing a camp, mining your first iron pick, digging deeper for diamonds, going exploring for other types of wood, making your first garden so you can grow crops etc. etc.
Yep, it's coming back to me! :fly:

Stop that, you're pulling me into it too...
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#11  Postby igorfrankensteen » Feb 20, 2016 12:13 am

I remember another of these "objects no one can explain" from a slightly longer ways back. It was what looked to be a sort of a SPARK PLUG, inside of a stone. Found out in the western US somewhere.

It was in the "unexplained" category for a long while, until the right person glanced at it. Someone who knew, recognized that it was indeed, an actual spark plug. It had partly disintegrated, and become encrusted with stone-like material. But it was from about 1960, not from 500,000,000 years ago, as it's finder had hoped.

Remember that thread we had a while back, where we (some of us at least) learned that objects CAN become "petrified" in a very short time, and not require millions of years?
igorfrankensteen

Name: michael e munson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Onyx8 » Feb 20, 2016 12:20 am

It's called concretion.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#13  Postby KeenIdiot » Feb 20, 2016 1:27 am

Ayup. I work in a factory that's been around for a few decades and now and again some tool is found outside covered in rust and dirt that's formed a hard shell around it
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby igorfrankensteen » Feb 20, 2016 7:00 pm

I think what a lot of this sort of thing comes down to, is that the universe is, amazingly enough, a lot more complex and filled with unique and exceptional things, than a standard public education, or even a basic college education will enlighten you about.

That, and the semantic trick that people who produce these sorts of "mysteries" use over and over:

1) show, or describe something to a dedicated scientist. Choose several, if you can.

2) provide them with insufficient information to draw any supportable conclusions from.

3) wait for them to say some version of "insufficient information available to be certain."

4) report the statement as hard and technically true proof that "no one has explained the something."

5) count on the incompetence of the rumor mill to change that to "no one CAN explain the something."
igorfrankensteen

Name: michael e munson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Teague » Feb 25, 2016 6:13 pm

Rumraket wrote:

ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Teague » Feb 25, 2016 6:16 pm

I think the comments section pretty much explains everything the idiot in the video says haven't been explained yet....
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Alan C » Feb 28, 2016 7:25 am

Teague wrote:
Rumraket wrote:

ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How long has Asgard been around? :whistle:
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Return to General Debunking