(A) God exists - he has I.D.

India probes identity card for monkey god Hanuman

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

(A) God exists - he has I.D.

#1  Postby DougC » Sep 12, 2014 11:08 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-29175870
B.B.C Article
Authorities in India are investigating how Hanuman, the monkey god, has been issued a biometric identity card.
The card photo features the character from the Hindu epic Ramayana wearing gold and pearl jewellery and a crown.
It emerged when a postman attempted to deliver the card, but could not find a Hanuman at the address.

When he looked at the photograph he realised it was probably a prank. It is not clear who the iris scan and fingerprints on the card belong to.
The card lists Hanuman as "Pawan-ji's" son (the god was known as son of Pawan in Hindu mythology) and lists a mobile phone number and an address in the western state of Rajasthan.

(Continues)
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: (A) God exists - he has I.D.

#2  Postby orpheus » Sep 13, 2014 1:57 am

DougC wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-29175870
B.B.C Article
Authorities in India are investigating how Hanuman, the monkey god, has been issued a biometric identity card.
The card photo features the character from the Hindu epic Ramayana wearing gold and pearl jewellery and a crown.
It emerged when a postman attempted to deliver the card, but could not find a Hanuman at the address.

When he looked at the photograph he realised it was probably a prank. It is not clear who the iris scan and fingerprints on the card belong to.
The card lists Hanuman as "Pawan-ji's" son (the god was known as son of Pawan in Hindu mythology) and lists a mobile phone number and an address in the western state of Rajasthan.

(Continues)

:shock: probably a prank.
“A way a lone a last a loved a long the”

—James Joyce
orpheus

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to General Debunking