Anarcho nonsense

Logical falacies and discontentment abound.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Anarcho nonsense

#1  Postby Wuffy » Aug 13, 2014 12:42 am

I have some respect for the ideals of Anarchy but its more suited to small isolated mostly self reliant communities. Which is becoming popular with the maker movrment gathering strength through new tech.

But this list seems completely devoid of real thought.
I wanted a more pointed response then my own "This is just crap." As it seems easy enough to come up with proper responses to most of these.

ugh appologies this stupid thing keeps rotating the picyure I uploaded not sure how to fix it.

20140813_100042.jpg
20140813_100042.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1733 times
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Anarcho nonsense

#2  Postby LoneWolfEburg » Aug 13, 2014 10:17 am

The primary reason not to shoplift is that shoplifting will get you punished, or subject you to stress associated with hiding all these goods you took from the security guards. Most likely both.

The morality of private property is strictly secondary to the issue whether it's wise to do such single acts of shoplifting and other petty crimes like that.
LoneWolfEburg

Russia (ru)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Sendraks » Aug 13, 2014 10:29 am

Ah, the old "shoplifting from chain stores is a victimless crime" bollocks.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby Kaleid » Aug 13, 2014 12:06 pm

"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school. All I want is education. And I am afraid of no one."
- Malala Yousafzai
Kaleid
RS Donator

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#5  Postby quas » Sep 06, 2014 11:14 am

It's difficult to disagree with the sentiment behind that. One should always steal everything, but after he/she holds some political power or own a huge corporation. Stealing little things is what rats do, humans should strive to be a little bit more ambitious.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#6  Postby Spinozasgalt » Sep 06, 2014 11:54 am

Wuffy wrote:I wanted a more pointed response then my own "This is just crap." As it seems easy enough to come up with proper responses to most of these.

Well, whoever wrote the list purports to be offering reasons for taking some course of action. So I guess a response can be framed in terms of what the responding individual finds reasonably compelling or defeating. Frankly, most of those don't even look like clear attempts to offer reasons. They largely seem to count on an individual's self-concerning reasons being overriding, whereas plenty of people already have a presumption against stealing (or most forms of it).

I just found it funny that something critical of capitalism is so for consumerism and selfishness. Maybe that's what they were going for.

;)
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby tuco » Sep 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Pretty much what Spinozasgalt said. Logical fallacies? I dunno ..

There are stats, I will not provide ;), indicating that some 35-45% of all theft in supermarkets accounts to own employees. From my experience, working in Kaufland, the anecdotes were: We are not getting paid enough so we feel small theft is justified. Its kind of difficult to work in fruit & vegetable department seeing how much stuff is being thrown out and worry about few apples.

On lighter note. I am not aware of one supermarket chain which would go bust because of this anarcho nonsense. So it might be nonsense but nonsense is about everywhere.
tuco

Print view this post

Return to General Debunking