Assorted crazy - new energy, vibrations, frequency etc

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Assorted crazy - new energy, vibrations, frequency etc

#21  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 11, 2014 7:40 am

It's never a bad time to re-read Dennis Overbye's 2006 essay in the NY Times: "Far Out, Man.But is it Quantum Physics?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/14/science/14essa.html

My selection for what to take away with you:

But one of the most valuable aspects of science, he said, is precisely the way it resists that temptation to find the answer we want. That is the test that quantum mysticism flunks, and on some level we all flunk.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jan 11, 2014 9:15 am

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:I feel particularly ill when I hear "quantum" used in bullshit contexts because quantum mechanics is part of my field of study. Not only do I know they're incorrectly using the terminology but it's the terminology of my field. I know it's proper usage and desperately want to explain it to them. I never bother though as my experience suggests they're not actually concerned and won't believe me anyways. Very frustrating though. I get it.

QM is is the biggest bullshit wankerery evah-but it is excellent science. :) :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#23  Postby hermes » Jan 15, 2014 2:56 am

This is the latest from them. I love the way they arbitrarily use the names of stars/galaxies etc from where their supposed alien entities originate, without the faintest knowledge of cosmology (I suppose they sound mysterious....wooo woooo wooooo)

http://cosmicgaia.com/andromeda-council ... f-mankind/

But what really pisses me off is that when their prophecies/rapture/whatever doesn't eventuate, then they just change the date. I know I know I know, they all do it....
"What's the frequency, Kenneth?"
hermes

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Onyx8 » Jan 15, 2014 5:45 am

Welcome aboard.

I had to quote this bit:
"finally, a study that backs up everything I have always said about confirmation bias!"

I assume Neil DeGrasse and not Mike? :grin:
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#25  Postby ADParker » Jan 15, 2014 6:05 am

hermes wrote:This is the latest from them. I love the way they arbitrarily use the names of stars/galaxies etc from where their supposed alien entities originate, without the faintest knowledge of cosmology (I suppose they sound mysterious....wooo woooo wooooo)

But what really pisses me off is that when their prophecies/rapture/whatever doesn't eventuate, then they just change the date. I know I know I know, they all do it....

I know it shouldn't, but it still amazes me when I see someone has read something like that and not immediately recognized what mind-numbing bullshit it is! :crazy:

While reading it I quickly formed a dilemma; either this person is just fucking nuts, or we are going to get to the bit where they are going to ask the dupes reading this drivel for MONEY (not discounting the fact that the two possibilities aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.)

And there it was at the end: "To book a Healing or Pychic Session..." (ooh a psychic that can't spell "psychic") I wonder how much those cost. :roll:
Reason Over Faith
ADParker
RS Donator

Name: Andrew
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Mike_L » Jan 15, 2014 7:17 am

hermes wrote:This is the latest from them. I love the way they arbitrarily use the names of stars/galaxies etc from where their supposed alien entities originate, without the faintest knowledge of cosmology (I suppose they sound mysterious....wooo woooo wooooo)

From the link...
Andromeda Council...

:lol:
Actually this answers the question posed in another thread on the forum...

:smile:
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#27  Postby Goldenmane » Jan 15, 2014 12:31 pm

hackenslash wrote:Deepity Chakra and his ilk have a lot to answer for. :nono:

Deepity Chakra's biting of my shiny rationalist arse should be internationally televised.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Mike_L » Jan 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Ah, whatever happened to the Age of Aquarius...?! 'Twas supposed to be the dawning of global peace and hippy love. It dawned during the Vietnam War... since which we've had the Falklands War, the Gulf War, 9/11, the Afghanistan War, the Iraq War, the Syrian civil war (ongoing), and countless other conflicts (past and ongoing) in central Africa, drug wars, wars on terror, etc, etc, etc....

<Sigh!>

Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#29  Postby mattthomas » Jan 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Animavore wrote:Usually I just ask them what they mean by "energy" and then sit back and laugh as they try to explain it in the most wooly of ways.

Have to be careful with that, though. I nearly got in a fight with a guy in a pub over it one day.

I have a colleague who uses it a lot, I just tell her to replace the word "energy" with "potential work" and see if her sentence still makes sense. Dizzy twat :nono:
mattthomas

Print view this post

#30  Postby hermes » Jan 16, 2014 8:49 pm

More crap lol

http://soundofheart.org/galacticfreepre ... ity-part-1

http://cosmicgaia.com/archangel-michael ... -on-earth/

How can people be so incredibly dumb to fall for this shite?
"What's the frequency, Kenneth?"
hermes

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking