Breatharianism

a couple believes they sustain themselves on 'cosmic energy'

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Breatharianism

#21  Postby newolder » Jun 27, 2017 9:12 am

zulumoose wrote:
avocados number
lol, was that deliberate?

Homeopathy is a natural form of medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide to treat both acute and chronic conditions. It is based on the principle of 'like cures like'. In other words, a substance taken in small amounts will cure the same symptoms it causes if taken in large amounts

I think a small vacuum would then be the appropriate treatment for something a large vacuum would cause, like blood pressure being a problem, burst eardrums, ruptured lungs, asphyxiation, deafness, loss of libido, dry skin, anxiety, panic attacks...

Maybe, but the question wasn't about the size of the vacuum, it asked about a perfect vacuum. Since perfect vacua are abhorrent to nature then they could be used to treat supernatural ailments, I guess. First, find a supernatural ailment. Next, measure its alignment - a spirit level being the only tool for the job. Finally, treat with a perfect vacuum for a while. Hey prongo! You are all better. :crazy:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby crank » Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am

zulumoose wrote:
avocados number

Homeopathy is a natural form of medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide to treat both acute and chronic conditions. It is based on the principle of 'like cures like'. In other words, a substance taken in small amounts will cure the same symptoms it causes if taken in large amounts

I think a small vacuum would then be the appropriate treatment for something a large vacuum would cause, like blood pressure being a problem, burst eardrums, ruptured lungs, asphyxiation, deafness, loss of libido, dry skin, anxiety, panic attacks...

Generally, I have a terrible memory, but 6.023 x 1023 and the name Avogadro stuck from the first time I read about it. As to 'avocado' getting written, you'd have to take that up with my fingers, I'm not always in control of the bastards.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#23  Postby don't get me started » Jun 28, 2017 9:01 am

I think Johnny Vegas has his own version of breatharianism.
Check out his assertions here, starting at 20:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mme2ntl4IU&t=1752s

The reaction of his guest is priceless.
(The whole video is pretty out there. Not everyone's style of humour, but pretty funny in my book...)
don't get me started

Japan (jp)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Alan C » Jul 15, 2017 7:51 am

crank wrote:
zulumoose wrote:
avocados number

This fucker?

Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking