Can H2O molecules in themselves cause an allergic response?

by binding to the receptors on immune system cells?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Can H2O molecules in themselves cause an allergic response?

#21  Postby laklak » Jul 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Now lets see if you're allergic to.....hydrofluoric acid!
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby theropod » Jul 10, 2018 12:08 am

I am allergic to the water suspended in the air here in Arkansas. When the air temp reaches nearly 100°F and 68% of the air is water I break out in a sweat, I get thirsty, and if I stay out in the sun my skin turns red. A couple summers ago I nearly died from this water poisoning while golfing. Oddly enough ice cold beer seems to counter the water vapor’s effects, so beer. Wait, beer has water in it...

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby scott1328 » Jul 10, 2018 1:56 am

Elphaba Thropp is a well known case of extreme allergy to water.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 10, 2018 4:58 am

theropod wrote:When the air temp reaches nearly 100°F and 68% of the air is water I break out in a sweat, I get thirsty, and if I stay out in the sun my skin turns red.

When the air is 68% water, I tend no longer to call it "air", because I'm up to my tits in water and am busy evolving a set of gills.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#25  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 11, 2018 1:04 pm

WiggleHead wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
WiggleHead wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:

You can look this up. Trust me, Wigglehead, I wouldn't shoot anything at you that you can't handle. If you say you can't handle looking up an acronym on the internet, you're lying. You're on the internet, after all. If you say it's too much work to look it up, you're saying that you're lazy.

For deionized water I don't think they said they've tried drinking distilled/deionized water but I'll check.

For anyone who needs to drink something besides tap water or Coca Cola, DIW is not recommended, because it's missing electrolytes that are important in normal metabolism. There isn't any easy way out of a purported water allergy besides drinking milk or orange juice.

Milk and OJ seem OK for the most part, in some cases though it seems like milk and OJ still cause some reaction when ingested but it isn't as bad.

So it seems reducing the water content of a drink from 100% to 95% percent somehow makes it all better. Have they maybe tried sipping instead?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#26  Postby laklak » Jul 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Obviously the water has kept a memory of minute traces of something that's good for you. Reverse homeopathy is real.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking