Debunking Calilasseia, part I

Let's do it, shall we?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Debunking Calilasseia, part I

#821  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Can we have a thread were Cali talks solely about insect/arachnid sex? I find it to be very interesting and would love to know more.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#822  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 30, 2014 3:39 pm

Calilasseia wrote:
Are you sure it wasn't this post on detachable spider penises you're thinking of? :)

You're not really going to make me bust out that King Missle video, are you? :sigh:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#823  Postby Varangian » Aug 30, 2014 5:40 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Can we have a thread were Cali talks solely about insect/arachnid sex? I find it to be very interesting and would love to know more.

You can find more about arachnid sex if you search the web.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#824  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Aug 30, 2014 6:27 pm

I don't know if I want that kind of search result in my history, people might get ideas about me.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#825  Postby Varangian » Aug 30, 2014 6:31 pm

There you have it - spider sex on the web!

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#826  Postby The_Piper » Aug 30, 2014 8:04 pm

Calilasseia wrote:
The_Piper wrote:The moth vs butterfly was useful way back when, but one of my favorite Cali dissertations was on fly weeners. I wish I could dig it up easily, it's somewhere on the wildlife thread, link in my signature.

Are you sure it wasn't this post on detachable spider penises you're thinking of? :)

Or perhaps this dissertation on "lock and key" versus sexual selection imposed diversity, as the underpinnings of insect genital morphology?

I don't think those are them, though an acoustic wolf spider penis and the fleas were cool in themselves. :grin: I might be mistaken, but I thought it was a fly or group of flies who have a jointed member and can swing their penises around in a mating display.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#827  Postby Calilasseia » Aug 30, 2014 9:53 pm

The_Piper wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:
The_Piper wrote:The moth vs butterfly was useful way back when, but one of my favorite Cali dissertations was on fly weeners. I wish I could dig it up easily, it's somewhere on the wildlife thread, link in my signature.

Or perhaps this dissertation on "lock and key" versus sexual selection imposed diversity, as the underpinnings of insect genital morphology?

I don't think those are them, though an acoustic wolf spider penis and the fleas were cool in themselves. :grin: I might be mistaken, but I thought it was a fly or group of flies who have a jointed member and can swing their penises around in a mating display.

Ah, that might have arisen from a photo you took of blowflies mating, or something similar.

Meanwhile ...

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Can we have a thread were Cali talks solely about insect/arachnid sex? I find it to be very interesting and would love to know more.

Well I could always point you to this thread, which will probably teach you things about sex you never wanted to know ... :mrgreen:
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#828  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Aug 30, 2014 11:57 pm

Spinozasgalt wrote:Can we have just one joke on this forum that doesn't become a rallying call and subsequently find itself run so deeply into the ground that it reaches China? Just one?

Whatever do you mean? This is a most serious thread about how faith and metaphysics demolishes evul atheist darwinistic scientismz! :dopey:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#829  Postby Sciwoman » Aug 31, 2014 12:21 am

Darwinsbulldog wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:Can we have just one joke on this forum that doesn't become a rallying call and subsequently find itself run so deeply into the ground that it reaches China? Just one?

Whatever do you mean? This is a most serious thread about how faith and metaphysics demolishes evul atheist darwinistic scientismz! :dopey:

:facepalm:
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin
Sciwoman
RS Donator

Name: AKA Ayaan
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#830  Postby Spinozasgalt » Aug 31, 2014 12:30 am

tolman wrote:Admit it. You're just making those words up to try and look cleverer than us.

Particularism. Categoricity. Genitalium. Butterflockery.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#831  Postby tolman » Aug 31, 2014 1:00 am

Now you're making more sense.

But you've reminded me - I really must retire to my genitalium, since it is time I cleaned the trophies of some of my more recent victims.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking