EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

real, hyperreal

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#1  Postby vimana » May 08, 2014 12:23 am

I find this amazing video on youtube and I like it, I wanted to share.

here is the link:


this guy says he discover evidence, ruins, structures, in cyberspace. like a new world in hyperreality, or something like this :)
it looks like glitch obsession, but interesting.

why not? maybe there is a huge infinite world under reality!!

IN HYPERREALITY WE TRUST!
User avatar
vimana
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: d
Posts: 8

Country: hamburg
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#2  Postby Deremensis » May 08, 2014 7:32 am

Oh boy.
Deremensis
 
Name: Sean Carter
Posts: 268
Age: 27
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#3  Postby BlackBart » May 08, 2014 7:59 am

I've discovered that cyberspace is inhabited by naked women and cats that can talk!!!111!!!
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#4  Postby vimana » May 08, 2014 9:08 am

cyberspace is real, then, all the things that contains too. how can you know something is speculation, simulation, or reality? :)
User avatar
vimana
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: d
Posts: 8

Country: hamburg
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#5  Postby BlackBart » May 08, 2014 9:21 am

vimana wrote:cyberspace is real, then, all the things that contains too.


You'll have to support the assertion that 'cyberspace is real'.

how can you know something is speculation, simulation, or reality? :)


Evidence. If you have no evidence to support a claim then there's no reason to assume the claim is valid.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#6  Postby vimana » May 08, 2014 9:28 am

that's the point, if we are talking in a physical state, or material state, is hard to demonstrate that cyberspace exist, but in a virtual state, non tangible state is different. internet is here, is everywhere, the digital is multiple and omnipresent. has his one time and space.
User avatar
vimana
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: d
Posts: 8

Country: hamburg
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#7  Postby Cito di Pense » May 08, 2014 9:34 am

vimana wrote:that's the point, if we are talking in a physical state, or material state, is hard to demonstrate that cyberspace exist, but in a virtual state, non tangible state is different. internet is here, is everywhere, the digital is multiple and omnipresent. has his one time and space.


Have you said anything, yet? What are you trying to say?

You're using the word 'here' in several different ways, but you should ponder how these differences play out.

Here's a howdy-do.

The digital is multiple and omnipresent? So you say. It's not present while you're tootling on your skin flute. Well, in a sense, it is: Let your fingers do the wanking. Get it? Fingers? Digits?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#8  Postby vimana » May 08, 2014 9:55 am

I don't want to say anything, I just want to learn something. that's why we are chatting.
for example, if we are looking at the same link, the same video, and one, five, hundred or thousand people are looking the same in this right moment, so this "thing" is not unique, you can not located in a concrete time and space, is in a constant movement and multiplicity state, that's what I meant on the omnipresence subject.
so, will you deny that this "thing" is not real?all the things happening in internet are not real? but which reality?
I will like to know your opinion
nice metaphor, by the way
User avatar
vimana
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: d
Posts: 8

Country: hamburg
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#9  Postby Cito di Pense » May 08, 2014 10:20 am

vimana wrote:if we are looking at the same link, the same video, and one, five, hundred or thousand people are looking the same in this right moment, so this "thing" is not unique, you can not located in a concrete time and space, is in a constant movement and multiplicity state, that's what I meant on the omnipresence subject.


Of course the thing is unique. What isn't unique is the thinking in different individuals upon reading it. The point is to develop a sort of thinking you can share with others in a substantive way. Hence, science. Hence not, wibble.

If your ambition is to make sacrosanct the individual experience of a web page, welcome to total banality.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#10  Postby Bribase » May 08, 2014 10:33 am

That video could make a great premise for a feature film; Kind of like a 21st century Horton Hears a Who.
User avatar
Bribase
 
Posts: 2671
Age: 39
Male

Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#11  Postby kennyc » May 08, 2014 10:43 am

BlackBart wrote:I've discovered that cyberspace is inhabited by naked women and cats that can talk!!!111!!!


Don't forget the trolls....
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
User avatar
kennyc
 
Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Posts: 8698
Male

Country: U.S.A.
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#12  Postby kennyc » May 08, 2014 10:44 am

vimana wrote:that's the point, if we are talking in a physical state, or material state, is hard to demonstrate that cyberspace exist, but in a virtual state, non tangible state is different. internet is here, is everywhere, the digital is multiple and omnipresent. has his one time and space.



"Knowledge transforms unbridled fulfillment" _

http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
User avatar
kennyc
 
Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Posts: 8698
Male

Country: U.S.A.
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#13  Postby Cito di Pense » May 08, 2014 10:45 am



The newkewlar option.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#14  Postby Mazille » May 08, 2014 10:52 am

Image
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
User avatar
Mazille
RS Donator
 
Posts: 19741
Age: 35
Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#15  Postby BlackBart » May 08, 2014 10:59 am

vimana wrote:that's the point, if we are talking in a physical state, or material state, is hard to demonstrate that cyberspace exist, but in a virtual state, non tangible state is different. internet is here, is everywhere, the digital is multiple and omnipresent. has his one time and space.


I'm not actually sure what you're trying to say here. The internet is a merely a computer network and isn't omnipresent. If you're trying to claim there's some kind of Tron-like Narnia, you'll have to provide evidence for it.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#16  Postby vimana » May 08, 2014 11:28 am

ok, it's not a thought that it's pure faith. I'm not banalizing the subject on a guy that says that discovered something like a civilization on matrix.
I find a good way to start an amazing subject.
so, you are applying for science, how can you convince me that virtuality is not a reality? that hyperreality doesn't exist. how could you define the digital world.
can somebody do it with empirical methods? or ontology?
or maybe in the other direction, how to prove that something different is happening in this intangible state of data information, that we could properly speak about a new perception of reality.
open question
User avatar
vimana
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: d
Posts: 8

Country: hamburg
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#17  Postby vimana » May 08, 2014 11:34 am

for example, in this video example.
I check out, and this picture from the romanticism, Caspar David, it is gone, in a big fire in a museum in Munich, so if you don't know that, you may thing that it's still existing, that is real. but the reference is gone, and we only have reproductions of this one. most of them and nowadays digital reproductions. This picture is really existing? or we can not talk about reality because it's only data information now...
User avatar
vimana
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: d
Posts: 8

Country: hamburg
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#18  Postby BlackBart » May 08, 2014 11:54 am

vimana wrote:ok, it's not a thought that it's pure faith. I'm not banalizing the subject on a guy that says that discovered something like a civilization on matrix.


Er, what?


I find a good way to start an amazing subject.


If you say so.


so, you are applying for science, how can you convince me that virtuality is not a reality? that hyperreality doesn't exist.


I don't. The burden of proof lies with whoever makes the claim that it does exist.


how could you define the digital world.


What 'digital world' would that be?


can somebody do it with empirical methods? or ontology?
or maybe in the other direction, how to prove that something different is happening in this intangible state of data information, that we could properly speak about a new perception of reality.
open question


Again. Burden of proof.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#19  Postby vimana » May 08, 2014 12:07 pm

BlackBart wrote:
vimana wrote:ok, it's not a thought that it's pure faith. I'm not banalizing the subject on a guy that says that discovered something like a civilization on matrix.


Er, what?


I find a good way to start an amazing subject.


If you say so.


so, you are applying for science, how can you convince me that virtuality is not a reality? that hyperreality doesn't exist.


I don't. The burden of proof lies with whoever makes the claim that it does exist.


how could you define the digital world.


What 'digital world' would that be?


can somebody do it with empirical methods? or ontology?
or maybe in the other direction, how to prove that something different is happening in this intangible state of data information, that we could properly speak about a new perception of reality.
open question


Again. Burden of proof.


sorry, that was the answer to another person.
I'm not trying to defense any position, but I see a problem on how can somebody proves that hyperreality exist, and by the other hand trying to prove that hyperreality doesn't exist. how can you prove any of this options. what's your position, and which evidence can you give on the subject?
User avatar
vimana
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: d
Posts: 8

Country: hamburg
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: EVIDENCE ON MATRIX CIVILIZATION

#20  Postby Arjan Dirkse » May 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Of course cyberspace is real, it's a bunch of information being shared by computers worldwide.

Other than that, it just looks like the guy in the video is fascinated by odd looking pixel effects.
Arjan Dirkse
 
Posts: 1743
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Debunking

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest