For the Atheists by youtuber JohananRaatz

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: For the Atheists by youtuber JohananRaatz

#241  Postby Rumraket » Jan 25, 2016 5:03 pm

I didn't understand half he said, mostly because I couldn't hear it.

From what little I could gather there were some strange leaps in there. It's some strange bafflegab about things arising from conscious states (which I didn't get how it is he thinks they do that, rather than them merely being immaterial), then some absurd leaps from "things exist inside a mind" to "that mind is god (omnipotent, omnipresent, all-knowing etc.)

Also, his claim that "Sean Carroll didn't know how to respond" - is laughable, since they never had a conversation as far as I can see. It seems to be something of a hobby horse of Raatz to make such claims. He just spam-posts on various physicists blogs/websites and then seems to believe that when and if they don't respond, it's because they can't (rather than them just not bothering).

I noticed he has a facebook page, chuck full of blather about the evils of atheism, abortion (IIRC), the wonderfulness of Jesus and all the rest.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: For the Atheists by youtuber JohananRaatz

#242  Postby scott1328 » Jan 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Johanan tries the Atheist Experience, again.
Starts from about 35:00

That same episode featured a WLC fanboy AND and an Idealist whose ideas were almost as coherent as JamesT's
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking