GOLDEN TIME CUBE

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: GOLDEN TIME CUBE

#21  Postby Fallible » Sep 26, 2015 5:41 pm

It's not my place to make any comment whatsoever about the poster's mental state when they haven't disclosed anything themselves, and I'd never dream of engaging in any kind of psychoanalysis on an internet forum.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby VazScep » Sep 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Fire-alarm went off the other day at 10.30am, and it wasn't a drill. So I do what I normally do, and go find a pub to ride it out.

Most pubs don't open at that time, except one notoriously rough one close-by. I went in all the same. It was early enough that I didn't expect trouble, but even so, the atmosphere was pretty bad. A combination of alcoholics and night-shift I guess.

Before my pint was in my hand, a randomer was demonstrating a Tibetan spinning rite that he said would allow me to live forever since it makes the electrons in the brain spin round their nuclei faster. He also explained that he had learned from a shaman how to metamorph into anything, but wouldn't demonstrate in the pub because of the CCTV. We then got on to the tumours that he'd had in his brain for twelve years, the new-world order, Charka eyes, and so on.

I'm a polite guy in real life, and have some personal experience with mental problems, and was nodding through most of this. The metamorphing stuff I nearly burst out laughing at, and when he mentioned his cybernetic implant, I was having to make a seriously controlled effort to contain myself. Somehow, I calmly responded to his statement "the implant makes me have dark thoughts" with "well, could that just be the tumours?"

I've no fucking idea what to do in that situation, and would welcome any suggestions. I've an application to volunteer at the local Crisis centre, hoping that I can get some advice from people with professional experience so I don't feel so helpless talking to people with mental issues.
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby frack me » Sep 26, 2015 6:28 pm

VazScep wrote:Fire-alarm went off the other day at 10.30am, and it wasn't a drill. So I do what I normally do, and go find a pub to ride it out.

Most pubs don't open at that time, except one notoriously rough one close-by. I went in all the same. It was early enough that I didn't expect trouble, but even so, the atmosphere was pretty bad. A combination of alcoholics and night-shift I guess.

Before my pint was in my hand, a randomer was demonstrating a Tibetan spinning rite that he said would allow me to live forever since it makes the electrons in the brain spin round their nuclei faster. He also explained that he had learned from a shaman how to metamorph into anything, but wouldn't demonstrate in the pub because of the CCTV. We then got on to the tumours that he'd had in his brain for twelve years, the new-world order, Charka eyes, and so on.

I'm a polite guy in real life, and have some personal experience with mental problems, and was nodding through most of this. The metamorphing stuff I nearly burst out laughing at, and when he mentioned his cybernetic implant, I was having to make a seriously controlled effort to contain myself. Somehow, I calmly responded to his statement "the implant makes me have dark thoughts" with "well, could that just be the tumours?"

I've no fucking idea what to do in that situation, and would welcome any suggestions. I've an application to volunteer at the local Crisis centre, hoping that I can get some advice from people with professional experience so I don't feel so helpless talking to people with mental issues.

Sigh.
“--Why are we fighting them? --They're mad. We're sane. --How do we know? --That we're sane? --Yes. --Am I sane? --To all appearances. --And you, do you consider yourself sane? --I do. --Well, there you have it..."
--D. Barthelme
frack me

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby crank » Sep 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Randomer? Another new term I don't remember hearing before.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#25  Postby BlackBart » Sep 26, 2015 8:00 pm

VazScep wrote:We then got on to the tumours that he'd had in his brain for twelve years

So he couldn't metamorphosize into himself without brain tumours then?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Doubtdispelled » Sep 26, 2015 9:01 pm

VazScep wrote:Fire-alarm went off the other day at 10.30am, and it wasn't a drill. So I do what I normally do, and go find a pub to ride it out.

:tehe:
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

― Mark Twain
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#27  Postby Spinozasgalt » Sep 26, 2015 10:45 pm

Fallible wrote:Ah. Since you're here, Jennifer and talking about films, Magic Magic.

Oh, yes. Thank you. Quite.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby hackenslash » Sep 26, 2015 10:55 pm

I started replying, detailing all the semantic errors in the disclaimers, especially the one about accurate semantics in a sentence (if that's even an appropriate appellation) that doesn't parse correctly, and then saw the next two hours of my life in the size of the left-hand scroll bar.

Suffice it to say that the OP is bollocks from start to finish. At least two of those disclaimers aren't disclaimers, the first two are categorically incorrect and betray a truly colossal ignorance of what science is and how it works, which doesn't bode well for somebody who claims his arguments are against science. His 'arguments' are against a caricature of science that bears no resemblance to the real thing.

In short, I couldn't be bothered.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#29  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 27, 2015 4:16 am

Well I don't bother addressing canard-riddled output for the benefit of the generator thereof, because all too often, generators of canard-riddled output swiftly reveal themselves to be immune to even elementary education. I address said output in the interests of discoursive diligence, namely, ensuring that others encountering said output are suitably warned about the nature of the material they are facing.

However, even I have limits in this regard. And I speak here as someone who recently devoted the best part of a megabyte of text to the dismantling of a creationist's absurdites and fabrications. When confronted with output that bears all the hallmarks of clinically significant mental derangement, I conclude that I cannot offer a solution, and call for medical professionals to intervene.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#30  Postby crank » Sep 27, 2015 10:22 am

Yeah, this is worse than not even wrong. Assertions can be so incoherent and/or inconsistent that a logical, reasoned reply isn't really possible.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#31  Postby hackenslash » Sep 27, 2015 11:52 am

Calilasseia wrote:Well I don't bother addressing canard-riddled output for the benefit of the generator thereof, because all too often, generators of canard-riddled output swiftly reveal themselves to be immune to even elementary education. I address said output in the interests of discoursive diligence, namely, ensuring that others encountering said output are suitably warned about the nature of the material they are facing.

Cut from the same cloth, you and I. :)

However, even I have limits in this regard. And I speak here as someone who recently devoted the best part of a megabyte of text to the dismantling of a creationist's absurdites and fabrications. When confronted with output that bears all the hallmarks of clinically significant mental derangement, I conclude that I cannot offer a solution, and call for medical professionals to intervene.

I believe a mental healthcare professional has already issued a summary diagnosis upthread which, while not exactly robust, being rooted in a reading of text, would seem to concur.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#32  Postby laklak » Sep 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Dude's fucking nuts, in my professional opinion.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#33  Postby felltoearth » Sep 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Spinozasgalt wrote:Is this that Pontypool speech? The one from the beginning of the film?

OMG I just drove through Pontypool yesterday with my brother and he told me about that film.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#34  Postby VazScep » Sep 27, 2015 7:55 pm

BlackBart wrote:So he couldn't metamorphosize into himself without brain tumours then?
Metamorphising doesn't physically change the subject. It's about manipulating the observer's Chakra eye (or the Chakra eye of a CCTV camera) into seeing what you want it to see.

Pfftt...do you not know anything about this stuff?
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Spinozasgalt » Sep 28, 2015 6:35 am

felltoearth wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:Is this that Pontypool speech? The one from the beginning of the film?

OMG I just drove through Pontypool yesterday with my brother and he told me about that film.

Parlons en français afin d' être sûr. Nous ne voulons pas de transmettre le virus. La vache doit me toucher du jeudi. Google Translate est si utile.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Fallible » Sep 28, 2015 7:59 am

You couldn't transmit a...cat.

And again with the cow touching? Get help.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#37  Postby DavidMcC » Oct 02, 2015 12:00 pm

DISCLAIMER: ​​Ignoring these words is potentially endangering the White-Skinned Americans, world, and universe.
:hysterical: :shock: :picard:
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#38  Postby felltoearth » Oct 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Spinozasgalt wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

Parlons en français afin d' être sûr. Nous ne voulons pas de transmettre le virus. La vache doit me toucher du jeudi. Google Translate est si utile.

Oui, blah blah blah.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 02, 2015 1:11 pm

The second stage of this temporary cure occurs here, you will be taken into a lucid dream state but it will be strange; have your lucid dreamer hands at the ready and create a shape in them that you can peer through; an example, the illuminati triangle made out of the fingers---when you have made a shape out of your hands, wait, and you will enter a dream within a dream. Since you're half awake, it will be in reality, perhaps the room your in, and appear more like an abstracted room. Remember the prior statement about the hands and the shape, with my example; when peering through the 'illuminati triangle', you may have any thought you want, and then you will be presented with a response to that thought, in dream form, where you may find philosophical or scientific answers about that thought; this is because the second dream state is the temporary cure for the word---it's required to have a sense of a wordless mind. You can do the hand trick multiple times, dreams within dreams within dreams, but you will eventually wake up under the pressure of one of the dreams.

Essentially lifted straight out of Carlos Castaneda's books.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking