Holocaust deniers

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Holocaust deniers

#101  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 6:07 pm

But the earth IS big.Not as big as some of the stuff out there but it's not small.
It's quite easy to see how ignorant people would believe that the moon landings didn't happen, or that there is a conspiracy of people who control the world's finances. or that the pope belongs to that exclusive group and is therefore protected, or that JFK was killed by the CIA, or that Moses actually parted the Red Sea. People will believe any rubbish as long as they can appear to be in the 'in' group who know the 'real' truth.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#102  Postby Gawdzilla » May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

User wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:
User wrote:
rJD wrote:Is there any irrational conspiracy theory more poisonous than Holocaust denial, any CT more loaded with intent to promote a venomous agenda? I really can't think of one.

Yeah, I can. Plenty of 'em in fact.

One which far surpasses holocaust denial are those who insist the moon landing is a hoax.

I can't put that in the same category with Holohoaxers. They are discounting the deaths of millions of people to forward their own agenda of "Nazi is Good!"

The holocaust is bad, yes, but the moonlanding hoaxers are condemning an entire world to the idea that we will never see the stars. Thinking that the Earth is big is what leads to problems.

Gotta go with "pain caused". First off, you're the first person I've ever heard of that put the moonhoax over the Holohoax. Second, "not going" isn't as devastating as "genocide" by most every scale I know of.
Chief Engineer on the Derail Express.

Geoff wrote:Not that I've anything against paedophilia, but it does leave one open to accusations of catholicism...

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#103  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
User wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:
User wrote:
rJD wrote:Is there any irrational conspiracy theory more poisonous than Holocaust denial, any CT more loaded with intent to promote a venomous agenda? I really can't think of one.

Yeah, I can. Plenty of 'em in fact.

One which far surpasses holocaust denial are those who insist the moon landing is a hoax.

I can't put that in the same category with Holohoaxers. They are discounting the deaths of millions of people to forward their own agenda of "Nazi is Good!"

The holocaust is bad, yes, but the moonlanding hoaxers are condemning an entire world to the idea that we will never see the stars. Thinking that the Earth is big is what leads to problems.

Gotta go with "pain caused". First off, you're the first person I've ever heard of that put the moonhoax over the Holohoax. Second, "not going" isn't as devastating as "genocide" by most every scale I know of.

The two usually go hand-in-hand also usually accompanied by a belief in a benevolent and omnipotent god who would never consent to his creations leaving the earth he created for them, or that they would do such horrific deeds, so they say that the Jews did it to themselves to defame the good Catholic Nazis. Or some other crap.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#104  Postby User » May 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Agrippina wrote:But the earth IS big.Not as big as some of the stuff out there but it's not small.
It's quite easy to see how ignorant people would believe that the moon landings didn't happen, or that there is a conspiracy of people who control the world's finances. or that the pope belongs to that exclusive group and is therefore protected, or that JFK was killed by the CIA, or that Moses actually parted the Red Sea. People will believe any rubbish as long as they can appear to be in the 'in' group who know the 'real' truth.

Actually, it's rather small. Smaller than you can possibly imagine. The Earth is so tiny that by comparison the Galaxy it is, at best, a particle. You only think it's big because you're even smaller.

First off, you're the first person I've ever heard of that put the moonhoax over the Holohoax. Second, "not going" isn't as devastating as "genocide" by most every scale I know of.

Representations of the past vs the future.

Holocaust deniers are trying to rewrite history, but you can not change the past. Moon hoaxers would condemn the future. It's a matter of actual impact vs social wrath. I've never yet met anyone who has been 'converted' to holocaust denial, I've yet to see any actual impact from holocaust denial. There is, however, plenty of social impact from moonlanding deniers who are far larger in number than I originally imagined. A 'healthy skepticism' (Hardly) of "Well, I can't really be sure that it happened" is a more common response than "Of course it happened". You ask about holocaust denial, and you will likely recieve a 100% response of "holocaust deniers are lunatics/bullshit artists/racists".
User

Print view this post

#105  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 6:22 pm

I've come across dozens of holocaust deniers but I've never yet met a real live moonlanding denier. Most people here say that space travel is a waste of money, they don't deny it happened but they say the money was wasted.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#106  Postby Regina » May 02, 2010 6:24 pm

Agrippina wrote:I've come across dozens of holocaust deniers but I've never yet met a real live moonlanding denier. Most people here say that space travel is a waste of money, they don't deny it happened but they say the money was wasted.

Well yes, and some of them have gained quite a bit of publicity.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#107  Postby User » May 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Agrippina wrote:I've come across dozens of holocaust deniers but I've never yet met a real live moonlanding denier. Most people here say that space travel is a waste of money, they don't deny it happened but they say the money was wasted.

I've never come across a holocaust denier, and across hundreds of moonlanding deniers.

Odd that.
User

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#108  Postby Gawdzilla » May 02, 2010 6:27 pm

I met Ralph Rene once. He was the "Rene" in the Penn & Teller "Conspiracy Theory" episode. He lived in southern Indiana, halfway between Indianapolis and the Ohio River. He came to Purdue as the guest of a professor to speak to the guy's astrophysics class on the impracticability of the moon landing. He refused to take questions after he spoke. :lol:

Geoff wrote:Not that I've anything against paedophilia, but it does leave one open to accusations of catholicism...

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#109  Postby Gawdzilla » May 02, 2010 6:29 pm

User wrote:

I've never come across a holocaust denier, and across hundreds of moonlanding deniers.

Odd that.

They have a holocaust conference every year at Purdue. You meet some people on each side there. (Well, the deniers are circling on the fringe, "holding court" in the local bars, looking for recruits among the students. They usually have a rough time.)

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#110  Postby pensioner » May 02, 2010 6:43 pm

I have no problems with the idiots who say that the moon landings were faked, as far as I’m concerned they are just whack jobs. Holocaust deniers however are beyond the pale and in the main are nothing more than racist shits.
Last edited by pensioner on May 02, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There’s class warfare, all right,” said US billionaire Warren Buffett a few years ago, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.
pensioner

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#111  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:

I met Ralph Rene once. He was the "Rene" in the Penn & Teller "Conspiracy Theory" episode. He lived in southern Indiana, halfway between Indianapolis and the Ohio River. He came to Purdue as the guest of a professor to speak to the guy's astrophysics class on the impracticability of the moon landing. He refused to take questions after he spoke. :lol:

Typical!
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#112  Postby rJD » May 02, 2010 6:48 pm

pensioner wrote:I have no problems with the idiots who say that the moon landings were faked, as far as I’m concerned they are just whack jobs. Holocaust deniers however are beyond the pale and in the main are nothing more that racist shits.

Yep. The point of holocaust denial appears to be to "defuse" Nazism, in order to regain power - so that they can do it all again.
I was "jd" in RDF, and am still in Rationalia.com

"Wooberish" - a neologism for woo expressed in gibberish, spread the "meme".

rJD
RS Donator

Name: John
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#113  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 6:50 pm

rJD wrote:
pensioner wrote:I have no problems with the idiots who say that the moon landings were faked, as far as I’m concerned they are just whack jobs. Holocaust deniers however are beyond the pale and in the main are nothing more that racist shits.

Yep. The point of holocaust denial appears to be to "defuse" Nazism, in order to regain power - so that they can do it all again.

That's exactly what it is. And while they're wiping out the Jews, they'll do all the "Colored folk" and them "homos" too! (sarcasm)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#114  Postby User » May 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Matter of experience, I suppose. If I had any experience with holocaust deniers I might have a different opinion, but so far they're nothing but whack jobs on youtube.
User

Print view this post

#115  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 6:56 pm

User wrote:Matter of experience, I suppose. If I had any experience with holocaust deniers I might have a different opinion, but so far they're nothing but whack jobs on youtube.

They are whack jobs, believers in the guy in the ceiling though.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#116  Postby rJD » May 02, 2010 6:58 pm

User wrote:Matter of experience, I suppose. If I had any experience with holocaust deniers I might have a different opinion, but so far they're nothing but whack jobs on youtube.

While my sole experience of moon-hoax believer was a born-again Christian (nice guy, even if a nutter), all the holocaust deniers I've encountered, either directly or through media, support far-right politics.
I was "jd" in RDF, and am still in Rationalia.com

"Wooberish" - a neologism for woo expressed in gibberish, spread the "meme".

rJD
RS Donator

Name: John
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#117  Postby Regina » May 02, 2010 7:01 pm

No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#118  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 7:14 pm

rJD wrote:

While my sole experience of moon-hoax believer was a born-again Christian (nice guy, even if a nutter), all the holocaust deniers I've encountered, either directly or through media, support far-right politics.

Yep, as I said, they'll believe all the religious bullshit, yet they deny the historical facts of the Holocaust. :roll:
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#119  Postby pensioner » May 02, 2010 7:59 pm

rJD wrote:

Spot on mate.

As a parent and a grandfather I can think of nothing worse than having children separated from there loved ones when they arrived at the camps. The horror of that for me is beyond comprehension. Yet today in 2010 some scumbags try and deny the Holocaust to whitewash there fascist ideology.
There’s class warfare, all right,” said US billionaire Warren Buffett a few years ago, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.
pensioner

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#120  Postby Agrippina » May 02, 2010 8:11 pm

pensioner wrote:
rJD wrote:

Spot on mate.

As a parent and a grandfather I can think of nothing worse than having children separated from there loved ones when they arrived at the camps. The horror of that for me is beyond comprehension. Yet today in 2010 some scumbags try and deny the Holocaust to whitewash there fascist ideology.

My children's grandfather's parents, i.e. their great-grandparents on their father's side, escaped the pogroms in Poland to come out to South Africa. They were 16 and 17, she pregnant with the first child who died on the ship coming over, in steerage. They had to almost swim from the boat into Table Bay because there weren't proper docks in 1898, or rather the boats that took the better-paying passengers dropped them off in the water to wade onto the land. They arrived with nothing and built their lives out of that. The people they left behind were never heard from again, so probably most of their family, or their brothers and sisters' children and grandchildren would all have been victims of that horror. So it's a very painful thing for our family to just ignore.

Of course it must be remembered and spoken about and it should never happen again, not to anyone anywhere, for any reason.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking