How to Argue with Assholes

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: How to Argue with Assholes

#81  Postby Sendraks » Oct 19, 2015 2:41 pm

DavidMcC wrote:
Note to the mods: I know most of you don't like me, but surely there mjust be a rule against campaigns of denigration against another member?

I strongly advise that you consider how any such rule might be applied to yourself and your posts in respect of other forum users. Be careful what you wish for and all that jazz.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby hackenslash » Oct 19, 2015 2:44 pm

No, you have, on several occasions, 'remembered' people saying that they were supporters and believers in FTL travel, events that never occurred, as attested by somebody who read the relevant threads three fucking times each, and that's on top of your failed memory in terms of who said what in the free will thread (and the attendant conspiracy theory about some alleged former mod coming in and editing it, as well as deleting the edit history).

I've said nothing here that isn't factually correct and massively supported by evidence available to all (and indeed mostly seen by all). My campaign has not been one of denigration, but of attempting to get you to stop fucking lying.

And with that, I will not be engaging you any more, although I may take the odd pot-shot from the sidelines as and when I see fit.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#83  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 19, 2015 2:51 pm

DavidMcC wrote:
hackenslash wrote:I remember something about some accusations that were levelled at the moderating staff regarding some posts that nobody else remembers except Dave, whose memory has been shown on more than one occasion to be less-than reliable.

More insults and innuendos. How surprising. Also, I only once had a memory failure, and then it was who made a particuloar post, not what the content was.
Note to the mods: I know most of you don't like me, but surely there mjust be a rule against campaigns of denigration against another member?

More baseless accusations of insults and appeals to a conspiracy theory...
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Forget him - I've just reported his repeated accusations across 4 separate threads, none of which had anything to do with the topic. Actual evidence vastly outweighs non-existent-but-it-really-did-happen-promise evidence.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#85  Postby DavidMcC » Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

hackenslash wrote:No, you have, on several occasions, 'remembered' people saying that they were supporters and believers in FTL travel, events that never occurred, as attested by somebody who read the relevant threads three fucking times each, and that's on top of your failed memory in terms of who said what in the free will thread (and the attendant conspiracy theory about some alleged former mod coming in and editing it, as well as deleting the edit history).

I've said nothing here that isn't factually correct and massively supported by evidence available to all (and indeed mostly seen by all). My campaign has not been one of denigration, but of attempting to get you to stop fucking lying.

And with that, I will not be engaging you any more, although I may take the odd pot-shot from the sidelines as and when I see fit.

It's a bit rich to make the insinuation that I am the asshole around here. Also, the reason you have said nothing that isn't massively supported by evidence is that you haven't said anything much at all to me, other than to insult me, of course, and drag the thread off topic by that means.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Manticore » Mar 12, 2017 7:56 am

Only way I know to argue with assholes:
"Ah Monsieur. Je pet dans votre direction générale."
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking