JFK Assassination

Lone shooter or conspiracy?

Discussions on 9/11, moon landing etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: JFK Assassination

#601  Postby John Platko » Nov 11, 2017 8:14 pm

This makes me want to read David Philips book again. It seems like the CIA took it seriously and didn't like the information he was putting out.

One of the things Philips wrote, perhaps in a different manuscript was:

from

David Atlee Phillips died of cancer on 7th July, 1988. He left behind an unpublished manuscript. The novel is about a CIA officer who lived in Mexico City. In the novel the character states: "I was one of those officers who handled Lee Harvey Oswald... We gave him the mission of killing Fidel Castro in Cuba... I don't know why he killed Kennedy. But I do know he used precisely the plan we had devised against Castro. Thus the CIA did not anticipate the president's assassination, but it was responsible for it. I share that guilt."

And we have Antonio Veciana claiming to have seen Philips with Oswald in Dallas.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#602  Postby proudfootz » Nov 14, 2017 11:37 pm

Released documents reveal the CIA as a terrorist organization willing to assassinate leaders and try to pin the blame on others.

No surprise - except perhaps to the willfully ignorant.

Another 1979 report declassified on Thursday about the CIA’s plans to assassinate Castro, with the participation of the Mafia and anti-Castro exiles, analyzes in detail the operation carried out by AMLASH, the CIA’s codename for Cubela.

Members of the special group that coordinated Operation Mongoose also considered sabotage operations against the Cuban government or even false-flag attacks to justify military intervention.

“We could develop a Cuban Communist terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington,” the Operation Mongoose document says. “The terror campaign could be pointed at Cubans refugees seeking haven in the United States. We could sink a boatload of Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated.) We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States... Exploding a few plastic bombs in carefully chosen spots.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 88881.html

Similar schemes of murder and terror were folded into the long known Operation Northwoods.

Of course, this is the material the CIA decided was benign enough to allow to become public.

In the nomenclature of the Watergate era a 'limited hangout'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout
Last edited by proudfootz on Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#603  Postby John Platko » Nov 15, 2017 8:21 pm

proudfootz wrote:Released documents reveal the CIA as a terrorist organization willing to assassinate leaders and try tio pin the blame on others.

No surprise - except perhaps to the willfully ignorant.

Another 1979 report declassified on Thursday about the CIA’s plans to assassinate Castro, with the participation of the Mafia and anti-Castro exiles, analyzes in detail the operation carried out by AMLASH, the CIA’s codename for Cubela.

Members of the special group that coordinated Operation Mongoose also considered sabotage operations against the Cuban government or even false-flag attacks to justify military intervention.

“We could develop a Cuban Communist terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington,” the Operation Mongoose document says. “The terror campaign could be pointed at Cubans refugees seeking haven in the United States. We could sink a boatload of Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated.) We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States... Exploding a few plastic bombs in carefully chosen spots.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 88881.html

Similar schemes of murder and terror were folded into the long known Operation Northwoods.

Of course, this is the material the CIA decided was benign enough to allow to become public.

In the nomenclature of the Watergate era a 'limited hangout'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

Yea, it's bit like I confess to my wife that I''ve secretly been a serial killer for the last 10 years and then nonchalantly ask her to pass the butter.

I've been though a lot of these "new" documents now. The connection to the assassinations is not obvious for many of them. The bulk are Cuban related, very little Mafia related. Very little new on Oswald that I found. Some new stuff on Marina Oswald. She seems to have been a KGB honey pot working her way out of the Soviet Union. She knows more than she ever told. The CIA documents talk rather nicely of Silvia Duran - I'm guessing she was helping the CIA. Lots of Watergate folks and their involvement with the Cubans. A fair amount of June Cobb stuff and it looks like her sister might have done some work for the CIA too. A fair amount on Priscilla Johnson McMillan who always managed to be around the Oswalds at the right time.

Not much on Ruth Paine. I'm thinking she has to be associated with the CIA. There was a document saying her sister was a psychologist for the CIA.

I wonder who will sort though all those documents. It would take a fairly large team to make sense of it all. Maybe some University will take it on. :dunno:
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Conspiracy Theories