John Oliver: Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

John Oliver: Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements

#1  Postby Pulsar » Jul 10, 2014 10:38 pm

A wonderful rant from John Oliver against the (unregulated) nutritional snake oil industry and their posterboy, Dr. Oz:

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: John Oliver: Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements

#2  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 11, 2014 5:09 am

Health supplements are one of the dodgiest things around as far as I am concerned. Too much lack of regulation, too many wild claims with little support and too many people trying to sell them as magic cures. Oh and too many people who have bought into the scam who hate the idea of being wrong fighting the people trying to educate them about why they are wrong.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: John Oliver: Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements

#3  Postby babel » Jul 11, 2014 7:22 am

My father in law insists that we take supplements. I just take them home and chuck 'em away. I've tried to engage him on the subject once, felt like I was going to get nowhere and have now chosen the evasive approach.
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Return to General Debunking