MMS - Chlorine Dioxide "Miracle Cure"

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

MMS - Chlorine Dioxide "Miracle Cure"

#1  Postby Alan B » May 18, 2019 12:30 pm

There have been a few threads in the past about this stuff...
Guardian (No dateline)
But this appears to be a recent attempt by con-artists disguising themselves as religious nutters.
US pastor runs network giving 50,000 Ugandans bleach-based 'miracle cure''

An American pastor from New Jersey backed by a British former clairvoyant is running a network that gives up to 50,000 Ugandans a “miracle cure” made from industrial bleach, claiming drinking the toxic fluid eradicates cancer, HIV/Aids, malaria and most other diseases.
The network, led by pastor Robert Baldwin and part-funded by Sam Little from Arlesey in Bedfordshire, is one of the most extensive efforts yet to distribute the “miracle cure” known as MMS, or “miracle mineral solution”. The Guardian has learned that poor Ugandans, including infants as young as 14 months old, are being given chlorine dioxide, a product that has no known health benefit and can be extremely dangerous.

Baldwin, 52, is importing bulk shipments of the components of MMS, sodium chlorite and citric acid, into Uganda from China. The two chemicals are mixed to produce chlorine dioxide, a powerful bleach used in the textile industry.

The American pastor has “trained” about 1,200 clerics in Uganda on administering the “miracle cure” and each in turn uses it to treat about 50 congregants, usually after Sunday service. As an inducement, Baldwin is offering smartphones to those clerics who are especially “committed” to spreading the bleach cure.

Baldwin operates under a ministry he founded called Global Healing. The “church” advertises itself as “using the power of Almighty God … to greatly reduce the loss of life” in Africa.
I see. So if you 'set up' a "Church" it's OK...
Yet in a phone conversation with Fiona O’Leary, a campaigner against quack medicine who spoke to him while posing as a freelance journalist, Baldwin said he distributed the bleach through churches to “stay under the radar”.

Yeah. I wonder why?
There's more of this crap if you can bare reading it. The good news is that the Ugandan government has been alerted and is taking an interest.

I think these con-artists should have their finances forcibly extracted leaving them with nothing or else 'put 'em up against the wall'...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: MMS - Chlorine Dioxide "Miracle Cure"

#2  Postby Calilasseia » May 19, 2019 11:42 pm

Combinations of halogens with chalcogens, represented by empirical formulae that are puzzling to novice chemistry students, are well known among veteran chemists as being the source of ravenous flames, choking vesicant fumes and corrosive liquids. Or, in some cases, explosively powerful oxidising agents that you do NOT want within a mile of sensitive mucous membranes.

How much of a total fucktard do you have to be, to recommend dosing people with chemicals this dangerous?

Let me guess ... the same "pastors" and other fuckwits who are pushing this hideously lethal drivel, are also anti-vax loons and "Big Pharma" conspiracy theorists, railing against modern medicine that actually fucking works.

Can't we have a nice selective pandemic that just wipes out the idiots and the toxic right-wing greed merchants?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby DougC » May 20, 2019 1:55 am

'Cool Aid' on mass.
Let's see how this turns out. :popcorn:
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Hermit » May 20, 2019 9:58 am

Calilasseia wrote:Can't we have a nice selective pandemic that just wipes out the idiots and the toxic right-wing greed merchants?

Alternatively, and a smidgen more realistically, make them swallow their own "medicine" first to demonstrate their efficacy, or at least their harmlessness.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » May 20, 2019 9:50 pm

Just fucking hang them in the town square.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Hermit » May 20, 2019 11:49 pm

laklak wrote:Just fucking hang them in the town square.

Watching them die as a result of taking their own "medicine" would be more satisfying. You might have to use irresistible methods, but luckily Swedish soldiers and mercenaries perfected the technique for doing so during the Thirty Years War.

God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby laklak » May 21, 2019 3:20 am

There's a group of parents who give their autistic children bleach enemas to "cure" them. Human stupidity knows no bounds.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Arcanyn » May 21, 2019 4:04 am

laklak wrote:There's a group of parents who give their autistic children bleach enemas to "cure" them. Human stupidity knows no bounds.

Malevolence, more like.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Pseudoscience