Navy Pilots Were Seeing UFOs on an Almost Daily Basis

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Navy Pilots Were Seeing UFOs on an Almost Daily Basis

#21  Postby newolder » Aug 10, 2019 1:51 pm

quas wrote:...
These are not amateur pilots. They are military pilots. If military pilots can be so mistaken "on a daily basis", then how did they even get accepted as military pilots in the first place?

Who, apart from yourself in post #1 above and the topic title, are you quoting here? The claim, "on a daily basis" is extraordinary, where is the evidence?
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Alan B » Aug 10, 2019 3:47 pm

There are far more people flying at 30,000 ft than there are military personnel. There are no 'daily basis' reports from them. I wonder why?

For SciFi entertainment I watch the SYFY channel. If there is not much SciFi of interest on I look at the so-called History channel.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 10, 2019 5:38 pm

quas wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter#Explanations_and_theories

Pilots do not have sufficient information about phenomena of disorientation, and, as a corollary, are given considerable disorganized, incomplete, and inaccurate information. They are largely dependent upon their own experience, which must supplement and interpret the traditions about "Vertigo" which are passed on to them. When a concept thus grows out of anecdotes cemented together with practical necessity, it is bound to acquire elements of mystery. So far as "vertigo" is concerned, no one really knows more than a small part of the facts, but a great deal of the peril. Since aviators are not skilled observers of human behavior, they usually have only the vaguest understanding of their own feelings. Like other naive persons, therefore, they have simply adopted a term to cover a multitude of otherwise inexplicable events.

Vinacke, Edgar. 8 May 1946. "The Concept of Aviator's 'Vertigo.'" Report No.#7. U.S. Naval School of Aviation Medicine, Project (X-148-Av-4-3). Reprinted in Journal of Aviation Medicine. 1948. 19:158–190

It's funny how in the past, we'd not posit incredible powers of observation and analysis in pilots which is standard Discovery Channel style fare today, and nearly universally the first go-to argument of every would-be alien visitation proponent.

These are not amateur pilots.

Who said they were amateur pilots?

No one.

quas wrote: They are military pilots.

And that's relevant because...?

quas wrote: If military pilots can be so mistaken "on a daily basis", then how did they even get accepted as military pilots in the first place?

Because they weren't accepted in the military as pilots on the basis of being able to identify unidentifiable phenomena?

And who said they were 'mistaken'?

Perhaps you can conduct the discussion with yourself as you seem to be trying to fulfill both aspects of the conversation.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#24  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Apply to become a Navy Pilot (NFO) today!

Applicants should:
- have excellent reactions
- be able to stay calm under pressure
- have a head for heights
- be able to identify the unidentifiable
- know the unknown
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#25  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm

The Discovery Channel has a lot to answer for in ushering in the Disinformation Age.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking