NLP - Richard Bandler/Paul Mckenna

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

NLP - Richard Bandler/Paul Mckenna

#1  Postby sim2335 » Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

I am skeptical about NLP working, but i cant get my head around a few things.


1)How on earth did Paul mckenna do this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRP_Qxw7OI0

2) I NLP does not work how are people cured of there phobias, surely if it was just suggestion or placebo, i can do it but i cant, no matter how many times or different ways i say something someone will not touch a snake.

3) Also Richard bandler did a phobia seminar once and every single person was cured fo their phobia, because he asked everyone there (no i was not there)

4) How to does Richard Bandler make people who cant play music play music again, or people who cant draw, draw?
sim2335
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: noel
Posts: 1

Country: United Kingdom
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: NLP - Richard Bandler/Paul Mckenna

#2  Postby MrFungus420 » Apr 01, 2014 5:09 am

sim2335 wrote:I am skeptical about NLP working, but i cant get my head around a few things.


1)How on earth did Paul mckenna do this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRP_Qxw7OI0


How did you rule out fakery?

sim2335 wrote:2) I NLP does not work how are people cured of there phobias, surely if it was just suggestion or placebo, i can do it but i cant, no matter how many times or different ways i say something someone will not touch a snake.


Have they ever demonstrated this to actually happen, or are you just accepting their claims that they have done so?

sim2335 wrote:3) Also Richard bandler did a phobia seminar once and every single person was cured fo their phobia, because he asked everyone there (no i was not there)


So what evidence do you have that it actually happened the way it is described?

sim2335 wrote:4) How to does Richard Bandler make people who cant play music play music again, or people who cant draw, draw?


Probably fraud.

The only place the he seems to have any success is in his own publications. The general scientific consensus seems to be that NLP is pseudo-scientific nonsense.
Atheism alone is no more a religion than health is a disease. One may as well argue over which brand of car pedestrians drive.
- AronRa
MrFungus420
 
Posts: 3914

Print view this post

Re: NLP - Richard Bandler/Paul Mckenna

#3  Postby kennyc » Apr 01, 2014 11:21 am

MrFungus420 wrote:
sim2335 wrote:I am skeptical about NLP working, but i cant get my head around a few things.


1)How on earth did Paul mckenna do this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRP_Qxw7OI0


How did you rule out fakery?

sim2335 wrote:2) I NLP does not work how are people cured of there phobias, surely if it was just suggestion or placebo, i can do it but i cant, no matter how many times or different ways i say something someone will not touch a snake.


Have they ever demonstrated this to actually happen, or are you just accepting their claims that they have done so?

sim2335 wrote:3) Also Richard bandler did a phobia seminar once and every single person was cured fo their phobia, because he asked everyone there (no i was not there)


So what evidence do you have that it actually happened the way it is described?

sim2335 wrote:4) How to does Richard Bandler make people who cant play music play music again, or people who cant draw, draw?


Probably fraud.

The only place the he seems to have any success is in his own publications. The general scientific consensus seems to be that NLP is pseudo-scientific nonsense.



Agreed.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
User avatar
kennyc
 
Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Posts: 8698
Male

Country: U.S.A.
United States (us)
Print view this post


Return to General Debunking

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest