On aliens, the paranormal and other stuff

Collated from various threads

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Recap

#301  Postby JustStarDust » Aug 03, 2020 6:46 pm

theropod_V_2.0 wrote:God damn it, if you aren’t going to take your own threads seriously why the fuck should anyone else?


What made you think I'm not taking it serious? If it's considered 'litter' by some, then I guess it's what you think, is not serious?

I still need to read up on how 'cold blooded' animals function. They have a heart beat, but it doesn't produce enough heat?
I used to think that cold blooded animals, like the cold. It's not true, apparently.

Svartalf wrote:
Macdoc wrote:Is there a rule against littering?... :coffee:

Didn't see any such thing in the FUA... if there were, the trolls would get banned a lot faster, I guess.


You still use ICQ? Wow. That brings back memories.

(Clicked on link = "Profile not found")
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Recap

#302  Postby laklak » Aug 03, 2020 7:00 pm

That anything that any one of us does is not futile and meaningless.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20712
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#303  Postby JustStarDust » Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm

laklak wrote:That anything that any one of us does is not futile and meaningless.


Well, I still have 'hopes', even if they are - not to succeed. But at least, the human race can say we 'tried'.
And maybe it's just me but when you think you live in the country of "The Great Satan".. well then. What do I assume you actually believe?

I want to believe...
Image
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#304  Postby laklak » Aug 03, 2020 7:56 pm

To each their own.
Attachments
Dude nihilists.png
Dude nihilists.png (378.39 KiB) Viewed 182 times
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20712
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#305  Postby JustStarDust » Aug 03, 2020 8:16 pm

I need to see that film again, I must admit.

BUT, 'comedy' vs 'fantasy'. Or are they really 'messages' for the subconscious?


.. Or is it just comedy?
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#306  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Aug 03, 2020 8:26 pm

JustStarDust wrote:
theropod_V_2.0 wrote:God damn it, if you aren’t going to take your own threads seriously why the fuck should anyone else?


What made you think I'm not taking it serious? If it's considered 'litter' by some, then I guess it's what you think, is not serious?

I still need to read up on how 'cold blooded' animals function. They have a heart beat, but it doesn't produce enough heat?
I used to think that cold blooded animals, like the cold. It's not true, apparently.

Svartalf wrote:
Macdoc wrote:Is there a rule against littering?... :coffee:

Didn't see any such thing in the FUA... if there were, the trolls would get banned a lot faster, I guess.


You still use ICQ? Wow. That brings back memories.

(Clicked on link = "Profile not found")


Way to evade my point entirely, and intentionally. The part of my post you removed from your response is exactly why I think that you are trolling the forum. You don’t want input. You want attention. You are using the methodology of a child to get said attention.

What business is it of yours if a member here still uses fucking smoke signals? It’s exactly that sort of flippant ageism attack that leads me to think you are posting here for no other reason than to wind people up. It’s childish and transparent.

Nobody with an education from a free world elementary school would think the heart type determines metabolic function, and in the age of Google such statements are patently absurd. It’s another brick in the wall you are erecting to establish the foundation of your intent to troll this forum. The only other alternative I can imagine leads to a saddening conclusion.

Now, are you going to actually focus on the topic of yet another thread you have started only to branch like summer lightening? No? Quelle my fucking surprise.


RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 738

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#307  Postby laklak » Aug 03, 2020 8:29 pm

JustStarDust wrote:
.. Or is it just comedy?



As an ordained Dudeist priest, I see it more as an extended metaphor for life. But that's just, like, my opinion, man.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20712
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Recap

#308  Postby felltoearth » Aug 04, 2020 2:14 am

JustStarDust wrote:I have an open mind to almost any other theory.


This bit is where you are leading yourself astray. Scientifically, a theory is a well evidenced explanation for natural phenomena. Little to nothing that you have posted here comes close to that definition.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 13639
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#309  Postby Svartalf » Aug 04, 2020 8:12 am

Having an open mind doesn't preclude for critical examination of strange claims and the evidence thereof.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
User avatar
Svartalf
 
Posts: 2361
Age: 50
Male

Country: France
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#310  Postby JustStarDust » Aug 04, 2020 8:50 am

theropod_V_2.0 wrote:
JustStarDust wrote:
theropod_V_2.0 wrote:God damn it, if you aren’t going to take your own threads seriously why the fuck should anyone else?


What made you think I'm not taking it serious? If it's considered 'litter' by some, then I guess it's what you think, is not serious?

I still need to read up on how 'cold blooded' animals function. They have a heart beat, but it doesn't produce enough heat?
I used to think that cold blooded animals, like the cold. It's not true, apparently.

Svartalf wrote:
Macdoc wrote:Is there a rule against littering?... :coffee:

Didn't see any such thing in the FUA... if there were, the trolls would get banned a lot faster, I guess.


You still use ICQ? Wow. That brings back memories.

(Clicked on link = "Profile not found")


Way to evade my point entirely, and intentionally. The part of my post you removed from your response is exactly why I think that you are trolling the forum. You don’t want input. You want attention. You are using the methodology of a child to get said attention.

What business is it of yours if a member here still uses fucking smoke signals? It’s exactly that sort of flippant ageism attack that leads me to think you are posting here for no other reason than to wind people up. It’s childish and transparent.

Nobody with an education from a free world elementary school would think the heart type determines metabolic function, and in the age of Google such statements are patently absurd. It’s another brick in the wall you are erecting to establish the foundation of your intent to troll this forum. The only other alternative I can imagine leads to a saddening conclusion.

Now, are you going to actually focus on the topic of yet another thread you have started only to branch like summer lightening? No? Quelle my fucking surprise.


RS


Sometimes I don't reply, to try and avoid confrontation. You guys own the term 'troll'. This thread is asking a basic simple question. If you don't want to participate, you can just - not reply. I've seen many threads or posts on here not by me, that you probably would consider trolling or trash but you don't seem to care about them. Keep your creative writing energy for something else.
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#311  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 04, 2020 9:35 am

Svartalf wrote:Having an open mind doesn't preclude for critical examination of strange claims and the evidence thereof.


Having an open mind doesn't preclude anything. JSD can have an open mind about all the crank ideas he brings up and close his mind utterly to serious study of anything that might help him settle any of his questions. As far as I can tell, JSD has the crank idea that asking questions helps him appear curious.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Fay Smask
Posts: 29349
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Recap

#312  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Aug 04, 2020 2:36 pm

JustStarDust wrote:
theropod_V_2.0 wrote:
JustStarDust wrote:
theropod_V_2.0 wrote:God damn it, if you aren’t going to take your own threads seriously why the fuck should anyone else?


What made you think I'm not taking it serious? If it's considered 'litter' by some, then I guess it's what you think, is not serious?

I still need to read up on how 'cold blooded' animals function. They have a heart beat, but it doesn't produce enough heat?
I used to think that cold blooded animals, like the cold. It's not true, apparently.

Svartalf wrote:
Didn't see any such thing in the FUA... if there were, the trolls would get banned a lot faster, I guess.


You still use ICQ? Wow. That brings back memories.

(Clicked on link = "Profile not found")


Way to evade my point entirely, and intentionally. The part of my post you removed from your response is exactly why I think that you are trolling the forum. You don’t want input. You want attention. You are using the methodology of a child to get said attention.

What business is it of yours if a member here still uses fucking smoke signals? It’s exactly that sort of flippant ageism attack that leads me to think you are posting here for no other reason than to wind people up. It’s childish and transparent.

Nobody with an education from a free world elementary school would think the heart type determines metabolic function, and in the age of Google such statements are patently absurd. It’s another brick in the wall you are erecting to establish the foundation of your intent to troll this forum. The only other alternative I can imagine leads to a saddening conclusion.

Now, are you going to actually focus on the topic of yet another thread you have started only to branch like summer lightening? No? Quelle my fucking surprise.


RS


Sometimes I don't reply, to try and avoid confrontation. You guys own the term 'troll'. This thread is asking a basic simple question. If you don't want to participate, you can just - not reply. I've seen many threads or posts on here not by me, that you probably would consider trolling or trash but you don't seem to care about them. Keep your creative writing energy for something else.


Stuff you advice about how, when or what I post squarely into the stinking hole from which it emerged. You don’t have the power to even ask such a thing of any member, and such a statement is very close to yet another violation of the FUA. When you frame such a thought as you have, in the form of a command, I’m even more convinced that the last thing you want is rational exchange. Your only option is to ignore my posts, and I could give two rat turds if what I post meets your standards for approval. Got that? Good. If I didn’t want to reply I wouldn’t. The moderators, and only the moderators, may dictate my posting behavior. This applies to each and every member.

It’s not your lack of reply, it’s your selective edit of my post you quote wherein I address the very question you raise that hints at trolling. My first reply to you in this thread was ignored in favor of this little dust up, and that also points toward trolling.

I think all of your posts wherein you link to stupid irrelevant fucking videos, and where you selectively edit the responses to your questions, point toward trolling. As I posted previously, the alternative is saddening. I’m of the opinion, based on a repeating pattern, that most of your posts are less than sincere. These less than sincere posts aren’t happy-go-lucky larks, but bizarre splitters that seem to be formed in a fashion to frustrate anyone and everyone that engages you in a rational manner. Looking at the name of this forum should give you a hint that rational exchange is supposed to be the goal here. Most of what you post doesn’t fall into that category, and that’s why I feel your intent is to troll. Are we clear now?

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 738

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: On aliens, the paranormal and other stuff

#313  Postby The_Piper » Aug 04, 2020 3:17 pm

I heard Joe Rogan say that if we found something like plants on another planet, that would be boring, he wouldn't care(I forgot which podcast or when). Plants are very complex organisms. If we found something like plants on another world, it would blow my mind. It should blow anyone's mind. However, in my own opinion, it would be the most shocking if we are alone (not that we could ever realistically conclude that). Being alone would also be the most tragic. Look at what we're doing with our knowledge and dexterity, which could be the rarest thing in the universe. We could blow it all up on any given day.
Sorry, this was as good a place as any to post my dark stream of thought for the morning. :mrgreen: :shifty:

Former beliefs, I was pretty sure there was a god. What a ridiculous thing to think. :doh:
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27803
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: On aliens, the paranormal and other stuff

#314  Postby quas » Aug 04, 2020 3:21 pm

JustStarDust wrote:
quas wrote:
JustStarDust wrote:Yep. But sadly this concept goes 'both ways'.


Not exactly. With the exceptions of Shermer, there's no money in being skeptic.


What do you mean, "exceptions of Shermer", is that because of JRE 961?


Shermer monetized skepticism, most skeptics do not.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
User avatar
quas
 
Posts: 2774

Print view this post

Re: 2019-nCoV or COVID-19

#315  Postby JustStarDust » Sep 25, 2020 6:33 am

Poor David E Martin.
Avoid nasty drugs.
User avatar
JustStarDust
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Posts: 258

Country: NotTellingYouThatSorry
Marshall Island (mh)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest