Parallel Selves?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Parallel Selves?

#101  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 10:41 am

Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
I am afraid they did..

So you claim,mbut fail to actually demonstrate.

otherwise guy would not post it.

Non-sequitur.
By that logic I can prove he didnt just by claiming it in this post.
It must be true, otherwise, why would I post this.

How I can demonstrate?It is guy on Skeptic Forum who claim that some people prove.I asked him to provide me with actual links - so far he didn't respond

Meaning you have no rational basis to accept his assertions and that its nowhere near hard science.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Parallel Selves?

#102  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 10:45 am

Ok,his 'assertions' are about someone else's proofs.
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#103  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 31, 2015 10:47 am

No his assertion is about there being proof. He asserts he someone else has it but doesn't provide it. So there is no reason to think there is in fact any proof at all.

Can I get an answer to my question please?
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
User avatar
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator
 
Posts: 10344
Age: 35
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#104  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 10:50 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:No his assertion is about there being proof. He asserts he someone else has it but doesn't provide it. So there is no reason to think there is in fact any proof at all.

Can I get an answer to my question please?

I don't know what to tell You.I trust him.I mean,he saw on internet people claiming proof with equation.I just don't know who are those people,and where their results are published
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#105  Postby ADParker » Oct 31, 2015 11:00 am

Alexander1304 wrote:I don't know what to tell You.I trust him.I mean,he saw on internet people claiming proof with equation.

Why? Has he proven himself trustworthy to you somehow, or are you just gullible? (Of course he could be completely honest and just wrong.)
Reason Over Faith
User avatar
ADParker
RS Donator
 
Name: Andrew
Posts: 5643
Age: 49
Male

Country: New Zealand
New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#106  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 11:00 am

Alexander1304 wrote:Ok,his 'assertions' are about someone else's proofs.

Irrelevant, as long as he cant provide you with this proof and this proof being correct, there's no reason to accept his claims.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#107  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 11:08 am

ADParker wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:I don't know what to tell You.I trust him.I mean,he saw on internet people claiming proof with equation.

Why? Has he proven himself trustworthy to you somehow, or are you just gullible? (Of course he could be completely honest and just wrong.)

That I am gullible is for sure.Now,it is not the matter that he was right or wrong.It is the matter whether the people whom he mentions are right or wrong.How can we know?
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Parallel Selves?

#108  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 11:09 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:Ok,his 'assertions' are about someone else's proofs.

Irrelevant, as long as he cant provide you with this proof and this proof being correct, there's no reason to accept his claims.

I asked him to provide on forum - he didn't respond so far.As for proof being correct - who knows?
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#109  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 11:10 am

Alexander1304 wrote:
ADParker wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:I don't know what to tell You.I trust him.I mean,he saw on internet people claiming proof with equation.

Why? Has he proven himself trustworthy to you somehow, or are you just gullible? (Of course he could be completely honest and just wrong.)

That I am gullible is for sure.Now,it is not the matter that he was right or wrong.It is the matter whether the people whom he mentions are right or wrong.How can we know?

By him providing the proofs he keepe asserting those other people have.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#110  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 11:11 am

Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:Ok,his 'assertions' are about someone else's proofs.

Irrelevant, as long as he cant provide you with this proof and this proof being correct, there's no reason to accept his claims.

I asked him to provide on forum - he didn't respond so far.As for proof being correct - who knows?

Again, this means you have no rational basis to believe his claims.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#111  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 11:16 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
ADParker wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:I don't know what to tell You.I trust him.I mean,he saw on internet people claiming proof with equation.

Why? Has he proven himself trustworthy to you somehow, or are you just gullible? (Of course he could be completely honest and just wrong.)

That I am gullible is for sure.Now,it is not the matter that he was right or wrong.It is the matter whether the people whom he mentions are right or wrong.How can we know?

By him providing the proofs he keepe asserting those other people have.

He will probably not.Besides,he might see these proofs just by passings and not to have references.But I don't see how it takes away that people claim to have such proof
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#112  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 11:17 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:Ok,his 'assertions' are about someone else's proofs.

Irrelevant, as long as he cant provide you with this proof and this proof being correct, there's no reason to accept his claims.

I asked him to provide on forum - he didn't respond so far.As for proof being correct - who knows?

Again, this means you have no rational basis to believe his claims.

You see ,I don't believe his claims,I think of claims of people he mentions...
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#113  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 11:24 am

Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
ADParker wrote:
Why? Has he proven himself trustworthy to you somehow, or are you just gullible? (Of course he could be completely honest and just wrong.)

That I am gullible is for sure.Now,it is not the matter that he was right or wrong.It is the matter whether the people whom he mentions are right or wrong.How can we know?

By him providing the proofs he keepe asserting those other people have.

He will probably not.

Then he fails to fulfil his burden of proof and you've no reason to accept his claims.

Alexander1304 wrote:Besides,he might see these proofs just by passings and not to have references.

Care to rephrase that in legible English?

Alexander1304 wrote:But I don't see how it takes away that people claim to have such proof

Because, for the 100th time, it matters fuck all what people claim to have.
What matters, is what they can demonstrate/show to be true.
If someone cannot provide evidence or proofs for their claims, there's no reason to accept them.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#114  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 11:25 am

Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Irrelevant, as long as he cant provide you with this proof and this proof being correct, there's no reason to accept his claims.

I asked him to provide on forum - he didn't respond so far.As for proof being correct - who knows?

Again, this means you have no rational basis to believe his claims.

You see ,I don't believe his claims,I think of claims of people he mentions...

If you don't believe his claims, why would you believe his claims about other people?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#115  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 11:29 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
That I am gullible is for sure.Now,it is not the matter that he was right or wrong.It is the matter whether the people whom he mentions are right or wrong.How can we know?

By him providing the proofs he keepe asserting those other people have.

He will probably not.

Then he fails to fulfil his burden of proof and you've no reason to accept his claims.

Alexander1304 wrote:Besides,he might see these proofs just by passings and not to have references.

Care to rephrase that in legible English?

Alexander1304 wrote:But I don't see how it takes away that people claim to have such proof

Because, for the 100th time, it matters fuck all what people claim to have.
What matters, is what they can demonstrate/show to be true.
If someone cannot provide evidence or proofs for their claims, there's no reason to accept them.


I am afraid that they might demonstrate.As for evidence...this guy might just play around the internet,saw the proofs and moved on
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Parallel Selves?

#116  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 11:44 am

Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
By him providing the proofs he keepe asserting those other people have.

He will probably not.

Then he fails to fulfil his burden of proof and you've no reason to accept his claims.

Alexander1304 wrote:Besides,he might see these proofs just by passings and not to have references.

Care to rephrase that in legible English?

Alexander1304 wrote:But I don't see how it takes away that people claim to have such proof

Because, for the 100th time, it matters fuck all what people claim to have.
What matters, is what they can demonstrate/show to be true.
If someone cannot provide evidence or proofs for their claims, there's no reason to accept them.


I am afraid that they might demonstrate.

There's nothing to be afraid of.
As long as they don't demonstrate anything, you're perfectly rational in not accepting their claims.
If they do demonstrate it, you've learned something new.

Alexander1304 wrote:As for evidence...this guy might just play around the internet,saw the proofs and moved on

Then he has no reason to make those claims if he hasn't even investigated the evidence.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#117  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 11:48 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
He will probably not.

Then he fails to fulfil his burden of proof and you've no reason to accept his claims.

Alexander1304 wrote:Besides,he might see these proofs just by passings and not to have references.

Care to rephrase that in legible English?

Alexander1304 wrote:But I don't see how it takes away that people claim to have such proof

Because, for the 100th time, it matters fuck all what people claim to have.
What matters, is what they can demonstrate/show to be true.
If someone cannot provide evidence or proofs for their claims, there's no reason to accept them.


I am afraid that they might demonstrate.

There's nothing to be afraid of.
As long as they don't demonstrate anything, you're perfectly rational in not accepting their claims.
If they do demonstrate it, you've learned something new.

Alexander1304 wrote:As for evidence...this guy might just play around the internet,saw the proofs and moved on

Then he has no reason to make those claims if he hasn't even investigated the evidence.

If they didn't demonstrate it, he wouldn't even mention it.That what I think.Perhaps they demonstrate to him,he just doesn't demonstrate is to us
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#118  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2015 11:52 am

Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Then he fails to fulfil his burden of proof and you've no reason to accept his claims.


Care to rephrase that in legible English?


Because, for the 100th time, it matters fuck all what people claim to have.
What matters, is what they can demonstrate/show to be true.
If someone cannot provide evidence or proofs for their claims, there's no reason to accept them.


I am afraid that they might demonstrate.

There's nothing to be afraid of.
As long as they don't demonstrate anything, you're perfectly rational in not accepting their claims.
If they do demonstrate it, you've learned something new.

Alexander1304 wrote:As for evidence...this guy might just play around the internet,saw the proofs and moved on

Then he has no reason to make those claims if he hasn't even investigated the evidence.

If they didn't demonstrate it, he wouldn't even mention it.

This a non-sequitur Alexander.
People can lie or be mistaken.
The person you're talking about could be making up these other people and their proofs or he could think those other people have proof when actually they don't.

Alexander1304 wrote:That what I think.

And it's an illogical thought.

Alexander1304 wrote:Perhaps they demonstrate to him,he just doesn't demonstrate is to us

Again, this means he's fails to observe his burden of proof and you have no rational basis to believe his claims.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#119  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 11:59 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:

I am afraid that they might demonstrate.

There's nothing to be afraid of.
As long as they don't demonstrate anything, you're perfectly rational in not accepting their claims.
If they do demonstrate it, you've learned something new.

Alexander1304 wrote:As for evidence...this guy might just play around the internet,saw the proofs and moved on

Then he has no reason to make those claims if he hasn't even investigated the evidence.

If they didn't demonstrate it, he wouldn't even mention it.

This a non-sequitur Alexander.
People can lie or be mistaken.
The person you're talking about could be making up these other people and their proofs or he could think those other people have proof when actually they don't.

Alexander1304 wrote:That what I think.

And it's an illogical thought.

Alexander1304 wrote:Perhaps they demonstrate to him,he just doesn't demonstrate is to us

Again, this means he's fails to observe his burden of proof and you have no rational basis to believe his claims.

So I stay in bad situation.On the one hand I have his words about some people proof.On the other hand it seems that I have no chance to get any actual references.I am destined to be anxious.How can I relax/
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#120  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Oct 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Pretty easily, stop putting so much weight on his words being true. Take them for what they are, a bunch of words typed into an internet forum by someone you don't know. People lie about shit all the time, they make shit up all the time and they are mistaken all the time.

Or take my words as true, I have seen hundreds of equations that prove that parallel selves are impossible. They had all kinds of maths, equal signs, addition signs maybe even some Xs in there as well.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
User avatar
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator
 
Posts: 10344
Age: 35
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest