Parallel Selves?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Parallel Selves?

#121  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:Yes and? You know he isn't being serious right? Its pretty clearly a jab at the OPs post...are you the OP of that thread?

Who is not serious?Above post?


The poster you quoted. He was not serious, he was having a laugh at the OP of the linked thread. Are you the OP of that thread?


I ask him directly but got response from another one:


It's Gord. You'll get used to Gord. He usually makes very good points.
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Parallel Selves?

#122  Postby monkeyboy » Oct 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Oh well, that settles it all. If Gord is behind all this it's definitely real. Parallel selves exist. We know that Gord normally makes good points, that'll do for all us skeptic minded types here. Why didn't you just say that at the beginning?
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
User avatar
monkeyboy
 
Posts: 5475
Male

Country: England
England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#123  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 1:29 pm

monkeyboy wrote:Oh well, that settles it all. If Gord is behind all this it's definitely real. Parallel selves exist. We know that Gord normally makes good points, that'll do for all us skeptic minded types here. Why didn't you just say that at the beginning?

Because I got response only now.And I am guessing You are making sarcasm now :angel:
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#124  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
So I stay in bad situation.On the one hand I have his words about some people proof.On the other hand it seems that I have no chance to get any actual references.I am destined to be anxious.How can I relax/


And you'll stay in a bad situation until you comprehend that a lot of purported proofs are only written to be read by the people who can understand them. This neither means that the purported proof is valid nor that it is invalid, but determining that validity or otherwise is only for the people who understand the proof. If you want to start a thread about expertise, be my guest. Worse for you, if you don't understand the difference between an expert and someone who's nowhere near being an expert, you're going to be doomed to doing a lot of link-dumping.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#125  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
So I stay in bad situation.On the one hand I have his words about some people proof.On the other hand it seems that I have no chance to get any actual references.I am destined to be anxious.How can I relax/


And you'll stay in a bad situation until you comprehend that a lot of purported proofs are only written to be read by the people who can understand them. This neither means that the purported proof is valid nor that it is invalid, but determining that validity or otherwise is only for the people who understand the proof. If you want to start a thread about expertise, be my guest. Worse for you, if you don't understand the difference between an expert and someone who's nowhere near being an expert, you're going to be doomed to doing a lot of link-dumping.

Ok,then I am going to stay scary.What is Your opinion about guy,who claim to travel to different universes in dreams,because he dreamed about is friend who died 15 years go?
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#126  Postby Fallible » Oct 31, 2015 2:42 pm

Nerd thighs did it.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#127  Postby monkeyboy » Oct 31, 2015 2:43 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Oh well, that settles it all. If Gord is behind all this it's definitely real. Parallel selves exist. We know that Gord normally makes good points, that'll do for all us skeptic minded types here. Why didn't you just say that at the beginning?

Because I got response only now.And I am guessing You are making sarcasm now :angel:

I'm guessing you've never heard of Gord before. It's like gospel to skeptics. If Gord says something, that's it, debate over.
Sarcasm? Me? No. It's not in my nature. Ask Gord.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
User avatar
monkeyboy
 
Posts: 5475
Male

Country: England
England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Parallel Selves?

#128  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 2:46 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Oh well, that settles it all. If Gord is behind all this it's definitely real. Parallel selves exist. We know that Gord normally makes good points, that'll do for all us skeptic minded types here. Why didn't you just say that at the beginning?

Because I got response only now.And I am guessing You are making sarcasm now :angel:

I'm guessing you've never heard of Gord before. It's like gospel to skeptics. If Gord says something, that's it, debate over.
Sarcasm? Me? No. It's not in my nature. Ask Gord.

I am sure You are joking now.I asked on forum if it was sarcasm and another guy told it was .
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#129  Postby monkeyboy » Oct 31, 2015 2:51 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Oh well, that settles it all. If Gord is behind all this it's definitely real. Parallel selves exist. We know that Gord normally makes good points, that'll do for all us skeptic minded types here. Why didn't you just say that at the beginning?

Because I got response only now.And I am guessing You are making sarcasm now :angel:

I'm guessing you've never heard of Gord before. It's like gospel to skeptics. If Gord says something, that's it, debate over.
Sarcasm? Me? No. It's not in my nature. Ask Gord.

I asked and another guy told it was sarcasm

Was the other guy Gord? If not, it just won't do. You're back to arriving at conclusions based on assumption.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
User avatar
monkeyboy
 
Posts: 5475
Male

Country: England
England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#130  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 2:54 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Because I got response only now.And I am guessing You are making sarcasm now :angel:

I'm guessing you've never heard of Gord before. It's like gospel to skeptics. If Gord says something, that's it, debate over.
Sarcasm? Me? No. It's not in my nature. Ask Gord.

I asked and another guy told it was sarcasm

Was the other guy Gord? If not, it just won't do. You're back to arriving at conclusions based on assumption.

I asked Gord directly but he didn't respond.Another guy responded
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#131  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
So I stay in bad situation.On the one hand I have his words about some people proof.On the other hand it seems that I have no chance to get any actual references.I am destined to be anxious.How can I relax/


And you'll stay in a bad situation until you comprehend that a lot of purported proofs are only written to be read by the people who can understand them. This neither means that the purported proof is valid nor that it is invalid, but determining that validity or otherwise is only for the people who understand the proof. If you want to start a thread about expertise, be my guest. Worse for you, if you don't understand the difference between an expert and someone who's nowhere near being an expert, you're going to be doomed to doing a lot of link-dumping.

Ok,then I am going to stay scary.What is Your opinion about guy,who claim to travel to different universes in dreams,because he dreamed about is friend who died 15 years go?


My opinion will depend on what you say this guy's expertise is. Depending on how that goes, it will be an opinion about you or an opinion about him, or both. Does he have some sort of expertise relating to travel among different universes and whether dreams have anything to do with that? Do you have any relevant expertise in this area? Would you know whether or not you or he had any relevant expertise to bring to bear on these exciting questions?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#132  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
So I stay in bad situation.On the one hand I have his words about some people proof.On the other hand it seems that I have no chance to get any actual references.I am destined to be anxious.How can I relax/


And you'll stay in a bad situation until you comprehend that a lot of purported proofs are only written to be read by the people who can understand them. This neither means that the purported proof is valid nor that it is invalid, but determining that validity or otherwise is only for the people who understand the proof. If you want to start a thread about expertise, be my guest. Worse for you, if you don't understand the difference between an expert and someone who's nowhere near being an expert, you're going to be doomed to doing a lot of link-dumping.

Ok,then I am going to stay scary.What is Your opinion about guy,who claim to travel to different universes in dreams,because he dreamed about is friend who died 15 years go?


My opinion will depend on what you say this guy's expertise is. Depending on how that goes, it will be an opinion about you or an opinion about him, or both. Does he have some sort of expertise relating to travel among different universes and whether dreams have anything to do with that? Do you?

I don't ,but he seems to have it.He claims that when he sleeps he travels to different dimensions and see his friend who died 15 years ago.:

My 85 year old mother must be constantly entering parallel dimensions, because nothing's ever where she left it last, or the same colour as the one she remembers.

And I change dimensions every time I fall asleep and dream about my friend who died 15 years ago, because in the dreams he is alive, but when I wake up he's dead again.
Alexander1304
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 128

Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#133  Postby laklak » Oct 31, 2015 3:20 pm

Fallible wrote:Nerd thighs did it.


Can that be possible? I heard it was true. What do you guys think of it?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#134  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 31, 2015 3:22 pm

laklak wrote:
Fallible wrote:Nerd thighs did it.


Can that be possible? I heard it was true. What do you guys think of it?


Pelvis has exited the adrenal.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#135  Postby Fallible » Oct 31, 2015 3:25 pm

I don't know who to believe. I want to stick my finger in an electric socket, but I heard it's dangerous. But I wanna do it. What do you guys think?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Parallel Selves?

#136  Postby laklak » Oct 31, 2015 3:28 pm

I heard that someone did that and nothing happened.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#137  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
My opinion will depend on what you say this guy's expertise is. Depending on how that goes, it will be an opinion about you or an opinion about him, or both. Does he have some sort of expertise relating to travel among different universes and whether dreams have anything to do with that? Do you?

I don't ,but he seems to have it.He claims that when he sleeps he travels to different dimensions and see his friend who died 15 years ago.:

My 85 year old mother must be constantly entering parallel dimensions, because nothing's ever where she left it last, or the same colour as the one she remembers.

And I change dimensions every time I fall asleep and dream about my friend who died 15 years ago, because in the dreams he is alive, but when I wake up he's dead again.


Some people who are 'experienced' have 'expertise'. This is not what Jimi Hendrix was singing about.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#138  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 31, 2015 3:34 pm

laklak wrote:I heard that someone did that and nothing happened.


The lesson from that is to stay current paying your utility bills. No pun intended. Eh, OK, pun intended.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#139  Postby laklak » Oct 31, 2015 3:35 pm

Watt are you on about?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Parallel Selves?

#140  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 31, 2015 3:36 pm

laklak wrote:Watt are you on about?


It's revolting, isn't it? Ohm igod. Perhaps you in farad differently.
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Oct 31, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29554
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests