Parallel Selves?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Parallel Selves?

#141  Postby BlackBart » Oct 31, 2015 3:39 pm

Fallible wrote:I don't know who to believe. I want to stick my finger in an electric socket, but I heard it's dangerous. But I wanna do it. What do you guys think?

Frazzled Fallible.

Try saying that three times quickly...

...preferably while not looking in a mirror.

:?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#142  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 3:40 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
My opinion will depend on what you say this guy's expertise is. Depending on how that goes, it will be an opinion about you or an opinion about him, or both. Does he have some sort of expertise relating to travel among different universes and whether dreams have anything to do with that? Do you?

I don't ,but he seems to have it.He claims that when he sleeps he travels to different dimensions and see his friend who died 15 years ago.:

My 85 year old mother must be constantly entering parallel dimensions, because nothing's ever where she left it last, or the same colour as the one she remembers.

And I change dimensions every time I fall asleep and dream about my friend who died 15 years ago, because in the dreams he is alive, but when I wake up he's dead again.

Some people who are 'experienced' have 'expertise'. This is not what Jimi Hendrix was singing about.

People dream about dead relative/friends all the time
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#143  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
My opinion will depend on what you say this guy's expertise is. Depending on how that goes, it will be an opinion about you or an opinion about him, or both. Does he have some sort of expertise relating to travel among different universes and whether dreams have anything to do with that? Do you?

I don't ,but he seems to have it.He claims that when he sleeps he travels to different dimensions and see his friend who died 15 years ago.:

My 85 year old mother must be constantly entering parallel dimensions, because nothing's ever where she left it last, or the same colour as the one she remembers.

And I change dimensions every time I fall asleep and dream about my friend who died 15 years ago, because in the dreams he is alive, but when I wake up he's dead again.

Some people who are 'experienced' have 'expertise'. This is not what Jimi Hendrix was singing about.

People dream about dead relative/friends all the time

Or so they say. And not all the time. Only when they're sleeping, right? And even then, only every so often. The gap is getting smaller. Mind the gap.
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Oct 31, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#144  Postby BlackBart » Oct 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
I am afraid that they might demonstrate.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just some lonely diwitted loser so desperate for attention that they'll post any fucking bullshit on a forum.

:coffee:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#145  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 31, 2015 3:43 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
What is your opinion about guy who claim to travel to different universes in dreams

I once had a dream I was being chased by Nazis and the mutant dino rep from Hellraiser in a discarded under
ground kitchen with floors knee high in treacle. But after waking up I quickly realised it was not actually real
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#146  Postby laklak » Oct 31, 2015 3:45 pm

I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#147  Postby campermon » Oct 31, 2015 3:46 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
What is your opinion about guy who claim to travel to different universes in dreams

I once had a dream I was being chased by Nazis and the mutant dino rep from Hellraiser in a discarded under
ground kitchen with floors knee high in treacle. But after waking up I quickly realised it was not actually real

Sounds like a great halloween party!
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#148  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 31, 2015 4:27 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
Because I got response only now.And I am guessing You are making sarcasm now :angel:

I'm guessing you've never heard of Gord before. It's like gospel to skeptics. If Gord says something, that's it, debate over.
Sarcasm? Me? No. It's not in my nature. Ask Gord.

I asked and another guy told it was sarcasm

Was the other guy Gord? If not, it just won't do. You're back to arriving at conclusions based on assumption.

Now Gord personally responded to me:

Yes, that was subtle mockery. I don't espouse the belief in parallel dimensions, but I do make fun of my mother and myself.
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#149  Postby monkeyboy » Oct 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
I'm guessing you've never heard of Gord before. It's like gospel to skeptics. If Gord says something, that's it, debate over.
Sarcasm? Me? No. It's not in my nature. Ask Gord.

I asked and another guy told it was sarcasm

Was the other guy Gord? If not, it just won't do. You're back to arriving at conclusions based on assumption.

Now Gord personally responded to me:

Yes, that was subtle mockery. I don't espouse the belief in parallel dimensions, but I do make fun of my mother and myself.

Oh go on, you got me. Yes I was being sarcastic. See, told you Gord was the guy to check with. Seems he's no stranger to applying a little mockery to the subject himself, the scamp.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#150  Postby hackenslash » Oct 31, 2015 5:42 pm

laklak wrote:I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night.

But Gord reckons he's ten years dead.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#151  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Oct 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:

what do you think?
Code: Select all
8==============D

Thats 2 inches on my screen. Debunked.

:(
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#152  Postby Tenacious Tubbs » Nov 04, 2015 1:39 pm

laklak wrote:I need to travel to the universe where I bought $10,000 of Microsoft in 1986 and sold it in 1999.

Sorry, in that universe Microsoft bombed. It was probably your fault :thumbup:
Tenacious Tubbs

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking