Science is a system of beliefs.

exposing the religion within the scientific community.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Science is a system of beliefs.

#221  Postby BlackBart » Feb 06, 2015 8:44 am

Paul wrote:
Christ David wrote:1. im not a theist. or support any religion.

Christ David wrote:atheists are a special breed of retardation arent they?

Hmm. problems with low self-esteem perhaps :dunno:

Welcome back BTW!
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#222  Postby Nebogipfel » Feb 06, 2015 8:51 am

Christ David wrote:

3. im not here to listen to opinions, beliefs. also, im not here to seek insight on how things work.

Oh, okay. Bye bye, then. :wave:
Once again, the only sensible approach is tentatively to reject the dragon hypothesis, to be open to future physical data, and to wonder what the cause might be that so many apparently sane and sober people share the same strange delusion
-- Carl Sagan
Nebogipfel

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#223  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 06, 2015 9:22 am

Christ David wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
I haven't come across him before. I would know, more than anyone else here. He's definitely not a sock.

I mentioned that more in reference to him being a "newbie", and needing to "lighten up." This is clearly not new territory for him, whether you've seen him anywhere else before or not. Either you're wrong about that, or he definitely is a sock.

He's not a sock. I've discerned that from skimming through his extensive writing, which he e-mailed to me today. I will not betray his trust by divulging details of his work (without his permission), though I can categorically say that his thoughts, style and attitude, are so distinctive (much more so than mine) that there's no way he can be any long-term member who has been expelled from here before. No fucking chance, trust me.

Further, this guy is not a troll. I mean, what sort of troll writes approximately 100,000 words on the matter within a period of 2+ years, unless they're serious and genuine? Yes, he might be coming across as someone with an attitude, but I know how it feels to be a solitary voice amidst a large baying crowd; do you? I doubt it. It's frustrating, to say the least. Yet, a theist needs to have more about him/her than their philosophy/beliefs to survive long-term in an environment like this. On the face of it, CD seems to lack those qualities. There's nothing wrong with being strong, but if that's all he's going to be then he's fucked. I would also suggest that if that's all he's going to be, then he obviously lacks experience dealing with the baying crowd. Which would suggest that he's not done this as much as you might imagine.

Ill help clarify things up. Dear Forum.

1. im not a theist. or support any religion.

2. im not trying to "troll" and im not doing this cause i lack attention.

Then I strongly suggest you cut the personalised comments and general tendency to completely ignore the responses you get in favor of more personalised comments and general dismissal.
Because that behaviour is typical of trolls.

Christ David wrote:im not here to seek insight on how things work.

See, this basically screams: "Troll!".
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#224  Postby Sendraks » Feb 06, 2015 10:16 am

Christ David wrote:3. im not here to seek insight on how things work.

You've come to the wrong forums then. The name of these forums should be a clue to that fact.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#225  Postby Ven. Kwan Tam Woo » Feb 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Christ David wrote:
1. every particle in the universe has consciousness.

How do you figure? Imo, an entity or system can only be regarded as having consciousness if it constructs an internal real-time model of its environment and uses that model to mediate its interactions with its environment. Do you have a similar conception of consciousness? If not, what is your definition of consciousness?

2. the universe is a collective consciousness. it is an intelligent system.

What is an "intelligent" system? How do you distinguish an intelligent system from a non-intelligent system?

3. 1 + 1 != 2 . Math is a model that does not fit objective reality.

Put one apple on an empty plate. Put another apple on the plate. How many apples are now on the plate? However, I take your point that in order for mathematics to make sense we must first have discrete heuristic concepts (e.g. "apples") and boundary conditions (e.g. "plates"). Still, these concepts and boundary conditions have proven extremely useful in navigating "objective" reality.

4. all matter and energy is connected by a mind.

What is mind?

5. mind can control matter. or the popular saying "mind over matter"

What we call "mind" supervenes on, and can influence matter under certain circumstances (i.e. when suitable arrangements of matter, such as nervous systems, are available), but it is an exaggeration to say that mind can "control" matter.

6. inside every existence, there is an infinity.

An infinity of what?

7. spirituality is key to evolution. you cannot know life unless you feel it and you live.
TRUE empiricism. EXPERIENCE not experiments.

The whole point of scientific experiments is to experience phenomena in an optimally intelligible way.

8. you can know things with the mind alone. Pure Rationalism.

How do you know this?
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within."
- Cicero

The Terrifying Brilliance of the Islamic Memeplex
Ven. Kwan Tam Woo

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#226  Postby chairman bill » Feb 06, 2015 12:35 pm

The consciousness inherent in the particles that make-up my aluminium foil hat, just told me that everything Christ David says is true. So there.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#227  Postby scott1328 » Feb 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Christ David wrote:
1. im not a theist. or support any religion.

2. im not trying to "troll" and im not doing this cause i lack attention.

3. im not here to listen to opinions, beliefs. also, im not here to seek insight on how things work.

4. lesser minds help me do research and see the problems people have in understanding the universe.
i do not reply to your many attacking responses because there are too many mistakes to fix.
if you cannot even comprehend simple philosophical and psychological analysis of theories (which have no validity when closely analyzed), then i cannot help you.

5. i am here to teach those who are willing to put aside their egos and beliefs, and are ready to evolve their mind.

6a. i have never been to this particular forum, but i can safely say that this forum has in common what most other forums have.
most members are cultist atheists who worship science as a religion, and anyone who goes against science automatically gets labelled "theist" or "religious".
6b. you all seem to mistake Rationalism and Philosophy for it being "science".
you all seem to mistake Empiricism for scientific method.

7. before even posting my first post i already knew how the Mods (and most other high ranking cult members) would react, what they would say, and how it would make them feel.
it is predictable to see beforehand, how most would respond, based on the knowledge i knew i wanted to present.
how does it make you feel that i predicted who you are, and what you stand for and how you react to me, before i even posted anything?

This whole posting is a catalog of troll tactics. I hereby offer this up as the definitive checklist for the mods to use in making the determination on whether a troll is a troll.

1. Denies affiliation with the group or ideology that the suspected troll is pushing or defending.
2. Denies being a troll by stating "I am not a troll"
3. Refuses to hear out other opinions or learn new facts.
4. Makes breathtakingly arrogant and grandiose statements and insults intelligence of interlocutors.
5. Makes only pronouncements.
6. Equates forum members who dissent to theists and religionists and cultists.
7. Claims that posting is a social experiment and that all are behaving as predicted.

And what Troll repertoire would be complete without screams of CENSORSHIP

Christ David wrote:so i see that my post in Philosophy has been officially CENSORED.

atheists are a special breed of retardation arent they?

8. Cries censorship upon any form of Mod action.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#228  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 06, 2015 2:16 pm

9. Repeatedly and hypocritically attacks interlocutors personally through name-calling, while dismiss half their responses as ad-hominem attacks.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#229  Postby THWOTH » Feb 07, 2015 12:57 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Christ David has left the building.

The mod-team thank you for your forbearance but would like to remind all participants that trolling behaviour is best reported to the team in the normal way - calling other members out as trolls falls below the general standards for posting outlined in the FUA. In other words, leave the troll's bait to rot where it falls.

Post match analysis can now proceed.

<T> :cheers:
THWOTH
RS Donator

Name: Penrose

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#230  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 07, 2015 12:59 am

Sorry THWOTH, just so hard to resist when it's that obvious :lol:

Any chance I was right about it being our good friend the Sexpat? :dopey:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#231  Postby Made of Stars » Feb 07, 2015 1:04 am

A sock puppet?! I'm shocked. :coffee:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#232  Postby ElDiablo » Feb 07, 2015 5:28 am

Thanks to the Mod team. I was a inches away from being swayed by such confident assertions.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#233  Postby BlackBart » Feb 07, 2015 8:29 am

Oh well. Back to shouting at bus stop queues for David. :loco:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#234  Postby monkeyboy » Feb 07, 2015 8:36 am

See! Censored. He was right. You can't handle the truth!!!!
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#235  Postby Briton » Feb 07, 2015 8:43 am

scott1328 wrote:

This whole posting is a catalog of troll tactics. I hereby offer this up as the definitive checklist for the mods to use in making the determination on whether a troll is a troll.
Christ David wrote:
1. Denies affiliation with the group or ideology that the suspected troll is pushing or defending.
4. Makes breathtakingly arrogant and grandiose statements and insults intelligence of interlocutors.
7. Claims that posting is a social experiment and that all are behaving as predicted.

...and yet despite everybody knowing the best way to deal with such blatantly obvious trolling, we have a twelve page feeding frenzy. Poor guys arms must be aching from reeling them all in.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#236  Postby Paul » Feb 07, 2015 9:19 am

BlackBart wrote:
Paul wrote:
Christ David wrote:1. im not a theist. or support any religion.

Christ David wrote:atheists are a special breed of retardation arent they?

Hmm. problems with low self-esteem perhaps :dunno:

Welcome back BTW!

:thumbup:
"Peter, I can see your house from here!"
Paul

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#237  Postby Fallible » Feb 07, 2015 9:38 am

Briton wrote:
scott1328 wrote:

Christ David wrote:

...and yet despite everybody knowing the best way to deal with such blatantly obvious trolling, we have a twelve page feeding frenzy. Poor guys arms must be aching from reeling them all in.

This is true. But partly that's because often one ends up with a game of mutual trolling where the intended trollees spot a particularly obvious offender and lead it deliberately further and further into its trolling, thereby speeding up the process towards Destnation Ban Hammer. I do think there is a relaxed attitudes towards trolling of the troll in this respect.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#238  Postby BlackBart » Feb 07, 2015 9:44 am

Briton wrote:
scott1328 wrote:

Christ David wrote:

...and we all know it's best not to pick scabs. We still do it. And you can have a perfectly good feeding frenzy without calling a troll a troll. :grin:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#239  Postby jamest » Feb 07, 2015 1:19 pm

Oh dear, no more thumbs ups for me. :waah:
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#240  Postby campermon » Feb 07, 2015 6:04 pm

jamest wrote:Oh dear, no more thumbs ups for me. :waah:

Up where?

:what:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking