The Beatles Never Existed

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

The Beatles Never Existed

#1  Postby Nautilidae » May 16, 2015 4:49 pm

http://thebeatlesneverexisted.com

We who began researching this in 2011 consider it to be a serious subject, not a joke, and this site is here to expose the actions of those who exploited these young men -- in whatever form they actually appeared to us -- and defrauded us their fans. It is to defend the honor of everyone involved who did not take part in it willingly. It has become apparent to us in this extensive and painstaking research that there were never just four individual people known as "John", "Paul", "George", and "Ringo" who comprised one Rock & Roll band known as "The Beatles", and rose to fame as the world's first supergroup. For all intents and purposes as far as we can tell, no one such group ever existed.

We are here to explore whether the original individuals themselves ever existed (and if so, what may have happened to them and by whom), but have not been able thus far to calculate how many of each persona were fraudulently presented to the world, or whether there were originals and what may have happened to them.

Please join us at the forum if you care to and can be open-minded. This is a highly-emotional topic for many of us, and most of us have very strong feelings about it. We have started this work because we were once fans to varying degrees, and many of us still listen to and enjoy their music.
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Beatles Never Existed

#2  Postby chairman bill » May 16, 2015 4:54 pm

That's premium grade fucknuggetry
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 16, 2015 4:58 pm

This is amazing.

FAKE EAR?

And PAUL'S DIFFERENT EYEBROWS!
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Animavore » May 16, 2015 5:40 pm

The world would be a better place if The Beatles never existed.
No one believes this, but me.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5  Postby quas » May 16, 2015 5:50 pm

The pictures seem convincing, but then his writings shows the state of his mind:
http://www.thebeatlesneverexisted.com/b ... f=13&t=133
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#6  Postby Evolving » May 16, 2015 6:24 pm

there were never just four individual people known as "John", "Paul", "George", and "Ringo" who comprised one Rock & Roll band known as "The Beatles"

That is absolutely correct.

The Beatles were not a rock 'n' roll band.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Shrunk » May 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Animavore wrote:The world would be a better place if The Beatles never existed.

It's an interesting thought experiment to imagine what might have happened if there wasn't this one period that was so dominated by a single band. But maybe that's not what you're talking about....
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Animavore » May 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Shrunk wrote:

It's an interesting thought experiment to imagine what might have happened if there wasn't this one period that was so dominated by a single band. But maybe that's not what you're talking about....

You caught me. I am being facetious. The 60s was never dominated by a single band. Only Beatles fans think that.
To me they're just a band.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#9  Postby proudfootz » May 16, 2015 9:01 pm

The Beatles existed every bit as much as the Monkees and the Wombles.

With better chart results, too!

http://www.azcentral.com/story/life/mus ... s/7178941/
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Shrunk » May 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Animavore wrote:You caught me. I am being facetious. The 60s was never dominated by a single band. Only Beatles fans think that.

No argument here. I am a fan, and do think they could be the best band ever. But it's easy to overstate the degree to which they dominated the decade artistically. Here's a list of some of the important recordings released in 1967:

http://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/rs/albums1967-07.php

It's easy to argue for many of them over Sgt. Pepper's (My personal choice might be Forever Changes).
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#11  Postby proudfootz » May 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Shrunk wrote:
Animavore wrote:You caught me. I am being facetious. The 60s was never dominated by a single band. Only Beatles fans think that.

No argument here. I am a fan, and do think they could be the best band ever. But it's easy to overstate the degree to which they dominated the decade artistically. Here's a list of some of the important recordings released in 1967:

It's easy to argue for many of them over Sgt. Pepper's (My personal choice might be Forever Changes).

The albums released that year alone would make a pretty nice record collection. :smoke:
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby monkeyboy » May 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Is it just me or have the beatles died in exactly the wrong order?
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#13  Postby proudfootz » May 16, 2015 9:52 pm

monkeyboy wrote:Is it just me or have the beatles died in exactly the wrong order?

I think the actor playing 'John' probably just got tired of his role first. ;)
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Shrunk » May 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Shrunk wrote:

Oh, didn't notice The Velvet Underground and Nico on that list. Maybe that's my choice. Wait, Axis: Bold As Love is there, too.....
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#15  Postby proudfootz » May 16, 2015 10:14 pm

For folks who have the time to waste:

A 'documentary' about the death of the original Beatle Paul and his replacement by an even more talented actor...

proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Onyx8 » May 16, 2015 11:00 pm

Jesus but that was a good year.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#17  Postby felltoearth » May 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Saw a John Cale play in 2005 and he opened with Venus in Furs. Incredible.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#18  Postby felltoearth » May 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Animavore wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

You caught me. I am being facetious. The 60s was never dominated by a single band. Only Beatles fans think that.

I would be included to agree with you had they never made this

[youtube]http://youtu.be/kgYsrfaFxm0[/YouTube]
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Caper » May 17, 2015 12:04 am

What? ... no Stig, Dirk, Barry and Nasty .. uh ... oh, Beatles - I thought it was the Rutles. Whew!
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#20  Postby proudfootz » May 17, 2015 12:14 am

felltoearth wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

I would be included to agree with you had they never made this

Fun stuff! The psychedelic Beatles is my favorite! :cheers:
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Debunking