The "Food Babe" is full of shit

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: The "Food Babe" is full of shit

#21  Postby Mazille » Apr 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:While I honor anyone's privilege to get up in arms about something like this, I really didn't want to know. I mean, I know there are people like this, but I just don't want to know the details. These people would not exist but for those they can hoodwink.

Dueling blogs. After twenty years of internet, who'd've thought it possible? The fact that dumb, desperate people find wrong stuff appealing should not come as a surprise to anyone. At least not in these pages.

You know. This is one of the few times I can unequivocally agree with every word you just said.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Cito di Pense » Apr 11, 2015 8:17 pm

Mazille wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:While I honor anyone's privilege to get up in arms about something like this, I really didn't want to know. I mean, I know there are people like this, but I just don't want to know the details. These people would not exist but for those they can hoodwink.

Dueling blogs. After twenty years of internet, who'd've thought it possible? The fact that dumb, desperate people find wrong stuff appealing should not come as a surprise to anyone. At least not in these pages.

You know. This is one of the few times I can unequivocally agree with every word you just said.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Strontium Dog » Apr 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Paul wrote:She sounds a bit like Gillian McKeith

Fortunately though, she doesn't look a bit like Gillian McKeith.
Liberal.

STRONTIUM'S LAW: All online discussions about British politics, irrespective of the topic, will eventually turn to the Lib Dem tuition fee pledge
Strontium Dog
Banned User

Name: Dan
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Mazille » Apr 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Mazille wrote:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm just gonna ignore my tingling sarcasm sense and hug you right back. :hug: :hug:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#25  Postby ED209 » Apr 12, 2015 12:25 pm

...water that was microwaved did not form beautiful crystals – but instead formed crystals similar to those formed when exposed to negative thoughts or beliefs. If this is happening to just water – I can only imagine what a microwave is doing to the nutrients, energy of our food and to our bodies when we consume microwaved food. For the experiment pictured above, microwaved water produced a similar physical structure to when the words “satan” and “hitler” were repeatedly exposed to the water.....

Hey, don't think your negative thoughts around my water!
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#26  Postby laklak » Apr 12, 2015 1:07 pm

A good mate of mine has drunk the Food Babe Organic Powdered Drink Mix. He's a retired marine engineer, used to be Chief Engineer on those supersized container ships, so I know he's capable of rational thought, but he buys into the detox/GMO/organic crapola. His his wife is a Class A Woohead, into everything from homeopathy to chemtrails and ancient aliens, and she's very vocal about it. Either she's wielding tremendous influence or he's adopted protective coloring just to shut her the fuck up. I do hope it's the latter.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Cito di Pense » Apr 12, 2015 1:24 pm

laklak wrote:A good mate of mine has drunk the Food Babe Organic Powdered Drink Mix. He's a retired marine engineer, used to be Chief Engineer on those supersized container ships, so I know he's capable of rational thought, but he buys into the detox/GMO/organic crapola. His his wife is a Class A Woohead, into everything from homeopathy to chemtrails and ancient aliens, and she's very vocal about it. Either she's wielding tremendous influence or he's adopted protective coloring just to shut her the fuck up. I do hope it's the latter.

Remember the satire of General Buck Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove. Purity of essence. I think it was him, anyway. Everyone has this, at least in minor quantities. For me, at least at one time, it was single malt scotch. For someone else, it might be fine corinthian leather. The funniest rendition of that is Dos Exxquis "World's most interesting man". He once aced a Rorschach test.

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby laklak » Apr 12, 2015 1:34 pm

I once owned a 1983 Chrysler Cordoba chock full of Rich Corinthian Leather. Small world, eh?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Cito di Pense » Apr 12, 2015 1:37 pm

laklak wrote:I once owned a 1983 Chrysler Cordoba chock full of Rich Corinthian Leather. Small world, eh?

We tight, man, like dreadlocks.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#30  Postby purplerat » Apr 12, 2015 8:08 pm

I've heard of "Food Babe" from some beer brewing forums a belong to. There's a story about her demanding Budweiser release their list of ingredients. When they pointed out that they've always listed them on their cans and labels ( "Hops, Rice, and Best Barley Malt") she insisted there were hidden ingredients they weren't revealing. After some back and forth, including an offer from the makers of Budweiser to let her tour their facilities, it was revealed there was one ingredient they had failed to list... water. "Food Babe" has since proudly proclaimed this as victory, to get a beer maker to admit that beer is made with water.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Don't let her know they use yeast as well.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Arcanyn » Apr 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Briton wrote:
Onyx8 wrote:Christ there is some weapons grade bs in her articles about microwaves and airplanes.

She has opened my eyes to some research about microwaves that I'd never seen before.

Last by not least, Dr. Masaru Emoto, who is famous for taking pictures of various types of waters and the crystals that they formed in the book called “Hidden Messages in Water,” found water that was microwaved did not form beautiful crystals – but instead formed crystals similar to those formed when exposed to negative thoughts or beliefs. If this is happening to just water – I can only imagine what a microwave is doing to the nutrients, energy of our food and to our bodies when we consume microwaved food. For the experiment pictured above, microwaved water produced a similar physical structure to when the words “satan” and “hitler” were repeatedly exposed to the water. This fact is probably too hokey for most people – but I wanted to include it because sometimes the things we can’t see with the naked eye or even fully comprehend could be the most powerful way to unlock spontaneous healing.

Too hokey? Not at all. :roll:

How does the water know which Hitler you're referring to? For all it knows, you could be referring to Adolf's third cousin who ran an orphanage for puppies.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#33  Postby tolman » Apr 14, 2015 12:11 am

purplerat wrote:I've heard of "Food Babe" from some beer brewing forums a belong to. There's a story about her demanding Budweiser release their list of ingredients. When they pointed out that they've always listed them on their cans and labels ( "Hops, Rice, and Best Barley Malt") she insisted there were hidden ingredients they weren't revealing. After some back and forth, including an offer from the makers of Budweiser to let her tour their facilities, it was revealed there was one ingredient they had failed to list... water. "Food Babe" has since proudly proclaimed this as victory, to get a beer maker to admit that beer is made with water.

Surely, to know why Budweiser should be avoided, all one has to do is drink some?
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#34  Postby Matt_B » Apr 14, 2015 12:31 am

tolman wrote:
purplerat wrote:I've heard of "Food Babe" from some beer brewing forums a belong to. There's a story about her demanding Budweiser release their list of ingredients. When they pointed out that they've always listed them on their cans and labels ( "Hops, Rice, and Best Barley Malt") she insisted there were hidden ingredients they weren't revealing. After some back and forth, including an offer from the makers of Budweiser to let her tour their facilities, it was revealed there was one ingredient they had failed to list... water. "Food Babe" has since proudly proclaimed this as victory, to get a beer maker to admit that beer is made with water.

Surely, to know why Budweiser should be avoided, all one has to do is drink some?

Yeah, it's sex in a boat*, so the saying goes.

* - "Fucking close to water" - Eric Idle
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Jerome Da Gnome » Apr 14, 2015 12:53 am

Shrunk wrote:The "Food Babe" is full of shit

Isn't that truth in advertizing though, cause anyone choosing that name is assumed to be full of shit.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome Da Gnome
Banned User

Name: Jerome

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Jerome Da Gnome » Apr 14, 2015 12:58 am

FFS, she has blog blog called "Science Babe", with the tag line "Come for the science, stay for the dirty jokes."

Is this a 'Poe'?

Babe Blog : http://www.scibabe.com/
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome Da Gnome
Banned User

Name: Jerome

United States (us)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Boyle » Apr 15, 2015 5:05 am

My cousin is one of these people, Cito. The least you could do is bask in the idiocy just like those less fortunate than yourself.

tolman wrote:

Hey, whoa, as far as cheap lagers go Budweiser is the best. Plus I admire them for their extreme consistency. Making industrial amounts of beer without variation is a whole 'nother level of brewing skill.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#38  Postby I'm With Stupid » Apr 15, 2015 5:26 am

Just checked my pumpkin frost hand soap ingredients. No pumpkin in that either. What's with this pumpkin conspiracy?

Anyway, she's been on Dr. Oz. Surely he wouldn't knowingly promote a quack?

I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#39  Postby tolman » Apr 15, 2015 11:15 am

Boyle wrote:Hey, whoa, as far as cheap lagers go Budweiser is the best.

Depending on temperature, I find Budweiser bought here too-bland-to-drink as well as somehow unpleasant.

Though possibly there's a local-production issue involved, as well as being partly a matter of what one grows up with.
If it is 'brewed under licence in the UK', maybe it falls prey to the same curse that affects UK-made versions of continental lagers, which never seem quite right.

Boyle wrote:Plus I admire them for their extreme consistency. Making industrial amounts of beer without variation is a whole 'nother level of brewing skill.

That seems to be something most commercial brewers (even relatively small ones) manage.
Even in complex-flavoured niche ales, most of the ones I drink seem pretty consistent.

In fact, the only one that immediately springs to mind as notably variable is Spitfire, where the level of 'spiciness' does seem to change quite a bit.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#40  Postby Sendraks » Apr 15, 2015 11:21 am

I hadn't heard of her. I made the rather foolish choice of reading this thread. Now, like Cito, I wish I hadn't.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking