The "Food Babe" is full of shit

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: The "Food Babe" is full of shit

#41  Postby Goldenmane » Apr 15, 2015 11:53 am

Jerome Da Gnome wrote:FFS, she has blog blog called "Science Babe", with the tag line "Come for the science, stay for the dirty jokes."

Is this a 'Poe'?

Babe Blog : http://www.scibabe.com/

Nope.

Her science is sound.

And her 'dirty' jokes are better than anything I've ever seen you write. She's funny, she writes accurately about science topics, and she's confident enough to make sex jokes whilst doing it.

Whilst being female.

I can only imagine how it must feel to be so threatened by a woman writing competently about shit one wants to imagine being a man provides automatic greater ability in.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby Boyle » Apr 16, 2015 3:10 am

tolman wrote:Depending on temperature, I find Budweiser bought here too-bland-to-drink as well as somehow unpleasant.

Though possibly there's a local-production issue involved, as well as being partly a matter of what one grows up with.
If it is 'brewed under licence in the UK', maybe it falls prey to the same curse that affects UK-made versions of continental lagers, which never seem quite right.

Eh, lagers are pretty light. I like them for really hot summer days by the ocean or a river. I say that Budweiser is the best of the cheap ones cause I did a totally super legit and scientific test involves some friends and cheap lagers (n=5), and we decided that Bud was the best of them. That was surprising as we expected Sapporo to win out.

That said, saying Budweiser is the best of the cheap lagers is like saying that a particular piece of shit isn't all that smelly.

tolman wrote:That seems to be something most commercial brewers (even relatively small ones) manage.
Even in complex-flavoured niche ales, most of the ones I drink seem pretty consistent.

In fact, the only one that immediately springs to mind as notably variable is Spitfire, where the level of 'spiciness' does seem to change quite a bit.

Most of the IPA's I have here from the craft brewers vary a bit. I mean, it's always good, but it's always slightly different. Budweiser is always exactly the same. So are Coors, Miller, Sapporo, Heineken, etc. Helping brew with a family member a couple times kicked the beer snob out of me, as did realizing that if I want a beer I can either buy a 30 pack of Bud or a 6 of a much better beer. I now choose the better beer, but I'm certainly not above drinking cheap ones.

Still a liquor snob, though.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Briton » Apr 16, 2015 8:35 am

Jerome Da Gnome wrote:FFS, she has blog blog called "Science Babe", with the tag line "Come for the science, stay for the dirty jokes."

Is this a 'Poe'?

You just proved your previous post to be full of shit. This 'babe' looks great...and I don't just mean her sex appeal. Doesn't look like your type of thing, being all scientific and all, but I thank you for the heads up.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 9:42 am

FFS Budweiser is nat's piss. It has hardly any strength to get out of the can. The worst beer in the world. The Czech version has a bit of taste but is still bloody awful.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#45  Postby Sendraks » Apr 16, 2015 9:44 am

*passes Scot a bottle of Het-Kanon*

This'll calm you down.

:cheers:
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#46  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 9:58 am

Sendraks wrote:*passes Scot a bottle of Het-Kanon*

This'll calm you down.

:cheers:

Well at least it has a blast at 12%. :lol:

It sells well.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Sendraks » Apr 16, 2015 10:13 am

I quite like it. Obviously not a session ale, but it does have flavour.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 10:20 am

Sendraks wrote:I quite like it. Obviously not a session ale, but it does have flavour.

You can have session with it but you would not remember much.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#49  Postby Sendraks » Apr 16, 2015 10:22 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sendraks wrote:I quite like it. Obviously not a session ale, but it does have flavour.

You're not wrong there.
I think a bottle of het was at the conclusion of a drinking sessions I had with a friend over in Leiden a while back. That was definitely a profound conclusion to the jollities.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#50  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 10:31 am

Sendraks wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

You're not wrong there.
I think a bottle of het was at the conclusion of a drinking sessions I had with a friend over in Leiden a while back. That was definitely a profound conclusion to the jollities.

In Leiden? Like Leiden.

It is a bit dangerous but Grolsch tried a few of these strong brews a few years ago. Het Kanon was the only one to survive. You can get on draught but it is not very common.

The famous Grolsch 'beugel' bottle is still being made;

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Sendraks » Apr 16, 2015 10:55 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:In Leiden? Like Leiden.

Yeah, Leiden. Lovely place.

Scot Dutchy wrote:It is a bit dangerous but Grolsch tried a few of these strong brews a few years ago. Het Kanon was the only one to survive. You can get on draught but it is not very common.

I'm trying to recall when I first tried Het Kanon, at my friend's recommendation, and I think it was back in 2003. I was introduced to a lot of new beers that weekend and developed a life long love for kroketten and sliced meatballs with peanut-sauce.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#52  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 11:02 am

Sendraks wrote:

Scot Dutchy wrote:It is a bit dangerous but Grolsch tried a few of these strong brews a few years ago. Het Kanon was the only one to survive. You can get on draught but it is not very common.

I'm trying to recall when I first tried Het Kanon, at my friend's recommendation, and I think it was back in 2003. I was introduced to a lot of new beers that weekend and developed a life long love for kroketten and sliced meatballs with peanut-sauce.

There is a great pannenkoekenhuis in Leiden.
Watch out you will turn into a Dutchman :lol: Next time in Leiden ask for a patatje oorlog.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Sendraks » Apr 16, 2015 11:16 am

*sigh* It's been too long since I was last in the Netherlands. I need a holiday.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#54  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 11:31 am

Sendraks wrote:*sigh* It's been too long since I was last in the Netherlands. I need a holiday.

Come often?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Mazille » Apr 16, 2015 11:43 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

There is a great pannenkoekenhuis in Leiden.
Watch out you will turn into a Dutchman :lol: Next time in Leiden ask for a patatje oorlog.

Goddamn. That looks like a heart attack in a paper bag.

Yum.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby Sendraks » Apr 16, 2015 12:07 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Come often?

I used to. Not for about 8 years now.

Sendraks

Male

Print view this post

#57  Postby tolman » Apr 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Briton wrote:

Is this a 'Poe'?

You just proved your previous post to be full of shit. This 'babe' looks great...and I don't just mean her sex appeal. Doesn't look like your type of thing, being all scientific and all, but I thank you for the heads up.

Having looked, despite being scientific, it's not my type of thing either, but then I don't really go for blogs in general. The 'me, me, me' aspect of them bores me.

It'd be interesting to know whether the 'babe' angle would be likely to inspire young female readers into thinking about science, or put them off. I really wouldn't like to guess.

Personally I find it irritating, but I'm pretty sure I'm not in the target demographic.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#58  Postby laklak » Apr 16, 2015 1:25 pm

I can't drink U.S. Budweiser, and Bud Light is an abomination in the eyes of Seilenos (hops and malt be upon him).
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#59  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 1:33 pm

laklak wrote:I can't drink U.S. Budweiser, and Bud Light is an abomination in the eyes of Seilenos (hops and malt be upon him).

I agree it is up there with a load of Aussie, Singapore, Thai and the Chinese beer I have tasted.
Is it so difficult to brew a decent brew? Our worst beer is Bavaria but even that is far better than US Bud.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#60  Postby laklak » Apr 16, 2015 1:41 pm

I can't say much, since I drink a hell of a lot of Corona.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking