The "Food Babe" is full of shit

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: The "Food Babe" is full of shit

#61  Postby tolman » Apr 16, 2015 1:47 pm

I'm not sure how much 'difficulty' comes into it.

If there's a mass market used to a particular taste, that's a whole lot of inertia.
What's the incentive to do things differently for a commercial brewery which is selling large amounts of output?
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Sendraks » Apr 16, 2015 2:21 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Is it so difficult to brew a decent brew? Our worst beer is Bavaria but even that is far better than US Bud.

It's a cultural difference thing. I drink real ale, trappist beers and other quality beverages, because I like the taste.
People drink flavourless shite because they want to get legless for reasons that are lost on me.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#63  Postby laklak » Apr 16, 2015 2:49 pm

I drank a Pabst Blue Ribbon the other day, first one I've had in probably 40 years. It's the new Hipster Beer of Choice, they being all over that working man shit with their PBR and Dickie shirts. Actually it wasn't that bad, just a basic American style light lager. Better than Bud. It would be fine on a hot day after mowing the lawn.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 4:02 pm

laklak wrote:I drank a Pabst Blue Ribbon the other day, first one I've had in probably 40 years. It's the new Hipster Beer of Choice, they being all over that working man shit with their PBR and Dickie shirts. Actually it wasn't that bad, just a basic American style light lager. Better than Bud. It would be fine on a hot day after mowing the lawn.

Ever tried the dark Mexican beers?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#65  Postby laklak » Apr 16, 2015 4:11 pm

We get a few like Negra Modelo and DosXX Amber in the supermarkets, both are pretty good. The Mexican grocery has a bunch of beers I haven't tried yet. We're getting more Pacifico on tap around here, it's a light lager like Corona but stronger and hoppier.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 16, 2015 4:42 pm

laklak wrote:We get a few like Negra Modelo and DosXX Amber in the supermarkets, both are pretty good. The Mexican grocery has a bunch of beers I haven't tried yet. We're getting more Pacifico on tap around here, it's a light lager like Corona but stronger and hoppier.

I liked them in Mexico but I tend to be a dark beer drinker when I do drink beer these days :(

In the sauna I drink what we term Pilsener which is a heavy lager. Very refreshing and at 5% not tasteless.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Boyle » Apr 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:FFS Budweiser is nat's piss. It has hardly any strength to get out of the can. The worst beer in the world. The Czech version has a bit of taste but is still bloody awful.

Nah, the worst beers in the world are the ones with a bunch of formaldahyde in 'em. My preference for the light lagers is really Pacifico or Corona Familiar. Typically, though, I get IPA's of some kind. Sometimes stouts.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby lucek » Apr 17, 2015 7:06 am

It's kinda funny to take her on her word. For there to be a toxic dose of sugar in the Starbucks we'd be talking kilos of pure glucose. How much does your coffee weigh?

Oh and it's also stupefying. She is actually talking about a beverage with an LD50 low enough and serving size high enough that people can and do die from it but all she says on it is it may hinder dieting?
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#69  Postby NamelessFaceless » Apr 17, 2015 2:51 pm

I'd never even heard of this chick until this thread. If she's worried about chemicals in her food then she should really just stop eating. That would solve her problem, and at least one of ours. :coffee:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#70  Postby Mazille » Apr 17, 2015 11:29 pm

I like you when you're being callous. :hug:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#71  Postby NamelessFaceless » Apr 18, 2015 1:51 am

:evilgrin:

:hug:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#72  Postby quas » Apr 26, 2015 9:27 am

Shrunk wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:Never heard of her other than through the SGU podcast.

Apparently this amazing sluth uncovered a dark secret regarding pumpkin spice. It doesn't actual contain any pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toxic dose of sugar? I've drunk some of those things. Why am I still alive?

She said toxic, not fatal.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#73  Postby Scar » Apr 26, 2015 9:41 am

Doesn't make her any less full of shit.
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Animavore » Apr 26, 2015 10:35 am

Isn't everyone full of shit; technically?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#75  Postby laklak » Apr 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Not if you're having a colonoscopy.
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Debunking