The Game Changers

"Plant Based Diet" gone off the rails

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

The Game Changers

#1  Postby FRAP38 » Nov 09, 2019 4:21 am

Anyone seen this documentary (available on Netflix)? It's pretty well done and convincing; complete with white lab coats and legit qualifications, ive had a difficult time convincing people its a vegan agenda couched in half truths.

Thoughts on this documentary and/or the surge in vegan evangelicalism.
"Intolerance is the natural concomitant of strong faith; tolerance only grows when faith loses certainty; certainty is murderous" . . . "Inquiry is fatal to certainty." -Will Durant
FRAP38

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Game Changers

#2  Postby Animavore » Nov 09, 2019 7:01 am

I saw it. Not sure which 'half-truths' were in it as I haven't looked it up but from things I already knew I haven't really found any. There was some anecdotal stuff I'd find hard to confirm meant anything.

It seemed mostly, though, geared towards the upending hyper masculinity that the meat industry has created surrounding the eating of meat, especially in the US. I thought the advertisements portraying high-calorie, high-cholesterol inducing, cheese-covered burgers and wraps as "real man's" food to be utterly obscene (as well as implying those that don't engorge themselves with BBQ are cissies). We simply don't have ads like that on this side of the Atlantic.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Animavore » Feb 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Maybe in another 8 years...
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Basset Hound » Oct 08, 2020 2:35 am

Show vegans this. Have you ever met any bicycle riding, Linux using vegans? Nobody is more self righteous.
Basset Hound

Name: Jack Hunter

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Return to General Debunking