The most Epic Post!... when I was enjoying a nice beer!

Philosophy

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

The most Epic Post!... when I was enjoying a nice beer!

#1  Postby xfectivus » Nov 09, 2019 9:15 am

TL:DR: Rants of a buzzed fellow,... Or, was I?

Background: I was raised in a very strict Christian, "Reformed Baptist" upbringing.

Context: I never bought into it. Even when I was 3! Yet, I entertained it for way too many years!

Main: To every person who represents the "Christian" belief system. How do you still exist?

(Q.) Fact: The Term God... Is absolutely, nothing more than an idea in your mind.

It took me many years to fully arrive at this understanding.

The one thing I understand about folks that come from both Theism and Atheism, is their passion and their affliction!

Their passion: to ponder, to contemplate, argue (arguments), rationalize & reason (which are two very different forms of thought), to digest... To be, open minded, (yet only if it fits into your narrative, as if, that's open-mindedness?), to be, closed-minded, cemented, pre-disposed, and bias. Each one of these words has such profound insight into the human mind.

Their Affliction: to wonder, to ask, to be concerned with, to expect and demand. Their seriousness! Yet, to be so lost, in life, in this existence of such a profound ambition. Fear, is truly at the root of this.

For me, it was so easy to be indoctrinated. To be impressioned. To be influenced, under the suggested guidance of those who will so non-chalantly, give! Oh, do they give so freely!

What always baffles me, is the ego, the determination, the humility, and yet, the complete and total lack of reflection of folks like you.

I've spent so much time and energy trying to understand you. Trying to break-through to your demented perspective, to relate into your level of understanding. I get so sick of it. So, sick with you, so, sad. So, annoyed! So, frustrated that you cannot understand, regardless of the evidence, regardless of the "reality behind our existence together". You're so stubborn and.. you're relentlessness,.. as am I.

Belief: I know it requires faith. And, maybe, that takes a lot more then someone who can simply accept the facts! Maybe, facts require faith!?

I can't do it. It seems such a cop-out, on existence itself! You're handing over your "soul" to an idea, that someone else subjected, subjugated, into you. You are captured by it, mesmerized by the notion of it. Hypnotized by the sugar provided in it. I mean, you're nothing more than an addict, looking for your supplementation, the placebo that gets you through your life and you'll never grasp that!

I spent so many years in classes, in religious classes, understanding logic, latin, faith, belief, and the doctrines, their values, ...

Yet, I equally, spent so many years, in biology class, physics, biochemistry, neurology, psychology, anatomy, the list goes on! have you, and have you been fair with your assessments of the content?

How, How can you ignore such fact, such evidence!? Why do you put time into absorbing and assimilating such redacted texts like the bible and such little time into these subjects, of which have been so refined!? Do you not understand the world in its full-multi-faceted-and-dynamic-aspects!? Do you not grasp the 21st century capitalistic-democracy of our society? And, how much psychology plays such a significant role in our society?

I mean, 100% of PR, the media, that you absorb is designed to influence, direct and consume your attention. Do you not get that? How can you not apply that to your weekly digestion, assimilation of, habitual regurgitation! I mean, do you even own an original thought?

I genuinely do not follow your conformity!

So, I want to thank you, for your active role in how much you contribute, how much you're involved in the direction of humanity, unwittingly; mind you. Thank you for restoring such a regressive humanistic perspective. "how" you could have been so psychologically damaged, to exist! and how narratives of you even exist at all, and to be the "active catalyst" of such regression in our society. You are truly an inspiration to us all and history will truly wonder ! Never consider that you, of all, of most, are the actual issue, the actual problem, in our culture, Today!

Truly, Fuck you, for everything that you are.
xfectivus

Name: xfectivus

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The most Epic Post!... when I was enjoying a nice beer!

#2  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 09, 2019 11:03 am

It's not clear whether you hate yourself, or think you're superior to everyone. Please specify.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby laklak » Nov 09, 2019 11:26 am

Ok, but tell us how you really feel.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#4  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 09, 2019 1:30 pm

I suspect there's more than beer involved.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby felltoearth » Nov 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Welcome xfectivus!

If you are trying to understand the personal motivations of deeply indoctrinated faithists I think you’re going to have a hard time. Be comfortable in the fact that you reject their belief system and that you owe them nothing really. Not even an explanation. That’s your right as a human being.

That’s hard depending on where you are in the US, granted.

IOW, stop concerning yourself with them and get on with your life. You’ve already done the hard work.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Macdoc » Nov 09, 2019 2:21 pm

Perhaps he was having a deep conversation with Alexa :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby felltoearth » Nov 09, 2019 2:40 pm

“playing Affliction by Econoline Crush...”

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Fallible » Nov 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Well...I got about 6 sentences in and then made the sad discovery that the one thing you understand about folks who come from Atheism [sic] is a misunderstanding. Then my pee pee went all soft.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Ironclad » Nov 09, 2019 3:35 pm

"Maybe, facts require faith!?"

No. A fact, 'is' just that. One can take it or leave it, it remains a fact whatever you will or desire.

Does faith require facts? May have been a better question. No, and religious 'truths' rarely stand up to scrutiny. It's called faith for a reason.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#10  Postby BlackBart » Nov 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Fallible wrote: Then my pee pee went all soft.

You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to General Debunking