The Obligatory 9/11 Thread Part II

Discussions on 9/11, moon landing etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: 9/11 Science vs. Junk Science

#9221  Postby Shrunk » Oct 22, 2016 11:52 am

psikeyhackr wrote:
laklak wrote:Yes, it certainly is. I'll repeat the question in case you missed it: what the fuck is a "natural collapse" of a structure? I mean, one would have to define that before one could measure it's "speed", wouldn't one?

Gravitational acceleration in free fall is unchanged regardless of the cause.

Not in junk science. The question is whether that pertains in "9/11 Science." :ask:
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9222  Postby laklak » Oct 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Problem is the towers weren't in free fall. They were banging into fucktons of steel and concrete on the way dawn, Each structural element was connected to other structural elements, which were in turn connected to yet other elements, making up multiple fucktons of steel and concrete. To be most correct, NOTHING within the planet's atmosphere is in free fall, which is why they put the disclaimer "ignore air resistance" or "ignore friction" in so many physics 101 problems.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#9223  Postby felltoearth » Oct 22, 2016 3:39 pm

psikeyhackr wrote:

psik

I think you need to read this sentence over and over again until you realize that your own words undermine practically everything you have spewed onto the internet. And then cry because of all the years you have wasted on your nonsense.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9224  Postby Wilbur » Oct 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Sendraks wrote:

8 years of terrifying incompetence on the part of the Bush Government

Specifically?
baby hatred.
Wilbur
Banned Troll

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9225  Postby Prog Snob » Oct 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Wilbur wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

Specifically?

Yes please provide examples. I could provide many examples of good that he did, but to outright say eight years was all incompetence is nothing but mindless ranting without any provable evidence.
Prog Snob

Name: John
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9226  Postby psikeyhackr » Oct 22, 2016 11:18 pm

felltoearth wrote:
psikeyhackr wrote:

psik

I think you need to read this sentence over and over again until you realize that your own words undermine practically everything you have spewed onto the internet. And then cry because of all the years you have wasted on your nonsense.

Obviously one of us has a problem with thinking. Gravitational acceleration may be the same but that does not mean that additional factors will not slow things down. It is a matter of determining additional factors.

psik
Physics is Phutile
Fiziks is Fundamental
Since 9/11 Physics has been History
psikeyhackr

Print view this post

#9227  Postby psikeyhackr » Oct 22, 2016 11:19 pm

Prog Snob wrote:
Wilbur wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

Specifically?

Yes please provide examples. I could provide many examples of good that he did, but to outright say eight years was all incompetence is nothing but mindless ranting without any provable evidence.

I thought the point of your starting the thread was science involving 9/11.

psik
Physics is Phutile
Fiziks is Fundamental
psikeyhackr

Print view this post

#9228  Postby tolman » Oct 22, 2016 11:34 pm

But science doesn't involve pretending the towers fell in free fall when evidence suggests that they didn't, and when no feasible hypothetical demolition explanation would suggest they would do so if they had been demolished.

What you're trying to claim or (just as bad) imply, apparently without any relevant knowledge, is that any non-demolition collapse would have to have taken far longer than the collapses actually took.

Your constant harping on about '15 floors destroying the rest' demonstrates that either you haven't got a clue about the structures and their potential failure modes (or, indeed, the official explanation of how they collapsed), or you do have a clue, but that for some unpleasant reason, you're pretending that you don't.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#9229  Postby Prog Snob » Oct 22, 2016 11:52 pm

psikeyhackr wrote:
Prog Snob wrote:
Wilbur wrote:
Sendraks wrote:

Specifically?

I thought the point of your starting the thread was science involving 9/11.

psik

It is. Sorry. I just hate random comments by people with nothing else to offer. Excuse my digression.
Prog Snob

Name: John
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9230  Postby psikeyhackr » Oct 23, 2016 12:47 am

Prog Snob wrote:It is. Sorry. I just hate random comments by people with nothing else to offer. Excuse my digression.

That is part of why we had that infinite thread. But you have only gotten 3 links so far:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7IVCSpalbA

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 4/4278874/

Any comments on any of them?

psik
Physics is Phutile
Fiziks is Fundamental
psikeyhackr

Print view this post

Re: The Obligatory 9/11 Thread Part II

#9231  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 25, 2016 10:28 pm

!
MODNOTE
Newstein, the below quoted posts that you made contain personal attacks/insults:

[Reveal] Spoiler: your reported post, relevant text in bold red font
Newstein wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Newstein wrote::lol: Still laughing
:lol: :lol:

I can only surmise that you're laughing because you're trolling us and never actually intended for any of your posts to be taken seriously. After all, you've done a fair amount to ensure that your posts are not taken seriously, what with your evasion and inability to answer straightforward questions.

Correction. I show the evidence. You deny it.
Talk in circles. Avoid discussion. Shitting your pants.
Nobody takes my posts seriously. But the subject and proof in my posts is so serious you ignore it to the bottom.
Typical behaviour of a professional forumtrolling paid agent or whatever you are.

Newstein wrote:The proof that you are lying manipulators is that nobody of you still did not watch the 2 movies.i oosted.
The first one.was from.giuliani and the second.from.silverstein where they.put.the poor guy out of.the room.

Making personal attacks against other forum members is not allowed, as is spelled out in our Forum User's Agreement, paragraph 1.2.c, to which you agreed when you joined our forum.

[Reveal] Spoiler: relevant section of the Forum User's Agreement
Members of rationalskepticism.org agree to:

1.2. not post or transmit defamatory, abusive, threatening or illegal material, or any other material with the intent to purposely mislead or harm others or infringe on the ability of others to enjoy rationalskepticism.org. This includes but is not limited to:

c. post personal attacks or insults towards other members

Accordingly, I am awarding you a warning for personal attack/insult. This is your fifth active warning, which incurs a six month suspension from the forum

The_Metatron

Please do not discuss this modnote or moderation in this thread as it is off-topic. If you need clarification or want to appeal this decision, please PM me or a senior moderator.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9232  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 25, 2016 10:31 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
We're back to traffic in this topic.

The_Metatron
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9233  Postby Nicko » Dec 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Newstein wrote:Even Tasmania intercepts airplanes faster.

Evidence for this?

Given that we - I'm Tasmanian for those who don't know - don't have a single fighter jet stationed in the state, I'm going with, "He just made that shit up."

But you all knew that anyway, right?
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#9234  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 19, 2017 11:26 am

Building collapse, from fire in the upper levels by the looks
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/t ... 05960.html
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#9235  Postby quas » Jan 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:Building collapse, from fire in the upper levels by the looks
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/t ... 05960.html

The 17-storey building, dating from the early 1960s and including a shopping centre and clothing workshops, was among the first high-rises built in the Iranian capital...

Not sure if you have an apple-to-apple comparison here.
Old building built according to Iranian standards (whatever that means) versus newer building built according to standards when America was great.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#9236  Postby quas » Jan 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Whereas the WTC towers looked like they fell into their own footprints, this Iranian tower actually toppled over like Obama's popularity. Does that make sense to you?
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#9237  Postby Weaver » Jan 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Toppled over like Obama's popularity - you mean the guy who is still one of the most popular Presidents in history at the end of his term?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38667115
Two new polls show President Barack Obama leaving office with one of the highest approval ratings for any departing US president.
Separate polls conducted by The Washington Post/ABC and CNN/ORC both found Mr Obama with 60% approval.
A majority approve of his economic policy, but polls show a deep divide between Democrats and Republicans.
The nation's first African American president will hold his final press conference later on Wednesday.
Only Presidents Ronald Reagan, Franklin D Roosevelt and Bill Clinton have handed over the White House keys with higher favourability ratings.

As to the building toppling vs collapsing straight downward - as has been discussed ad nauseum, the WTC used a very different construction method than the vast majority of high rise buildings. Direct comparisons of the collapse footprint don't demonstrate anything other than the fact that the buildings were built differently.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9238  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 19, 2017 7:09 pm

quas wrote:
Whereas the WTC towers looked like they fell into their own footprints,

The debris where spilled over a much larger area than "own footprint"
The iranian tower probably landed on a smaller area compared to it's original footprint than wtc 1&2

need more video footage to comment, but thought it looked like it might be close enough.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#9239  Postby Weaver » Jan 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Yeah, the claim that WTC 1&2 collapsed "entirely within their own footprint" is directly refuted by the amount of debris which fell onto WTC7, causing the fires and eventual collapse of that building.

It's a silly slogan designed to obscure facts and paint a false narrative of the events.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9240  Postby blackhash » Mar 23, 2017 4:23 pm

I found out that 9/11 was an inside job immediately after the attack on twin towers. Americans are now planning to kill me. Their argument is :American privacy has been violated. Really weird logic. Has anyone heard of organisations having privacy? On top of that Americans with the help of their satellites are violating my privacy to get even.They have employed an AI to analyse everything. Everyone has something that one hides from the world. Americans tell me otherwise.
Where is the butcher of megalomaniacs?
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet

Name: parag ramesh tamhankar

India (in)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Conspiracy Theories