The Time Machine of Consciousness. Past Present Future Exist

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

The Time Machine of Consciousness. Past Present Future Exist

#1  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi folks,
Here is another link from Rhawn Joseph:

http://cosmology.com/ConsciousTime111.html

Please,read an let me know what you think.
I argues that Dreams,PreCognitive dreams,Retrocausation are all obvious manifestations of Many Worlds.
Then he provides examples of precognitive/backward dreams,and argues that it is work of time machine of consciousness.
Please,have a read.Enjoy
I posted it on general debunking but I don't know,maybe I had to put it in sciences
Alexander1304

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Time Machine of Consciousness. Past Present Future Exist

#2  Postby crank » Oct 24, 2015 7:53 pm

I think you've got a typo on the name, isn't it Yawn Joseph? I couldn't get past this profoundness:
In quantum mechanics, where reality and the quantum continuum are a unity, time is also a unity such that the future present past are a continuum which are linked and the same could be said of consciousness which exists in the future and in the present and past.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 24, 2015 8:18 pm

This stuff has already been discovered:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4  Postby crank » Oct 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Clearly, one can't deny that priorities are extremely important. First things first, but not necessarily in that order.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 24, 2015 8:46 pm

crank wrote:I think you've got a typo on the name, isn't it Yawn Joseph? I couldn't get past this profoundness:
In quantum mechanics, where reality and the quantum continuum are a unity, time is also a unity such that the future present past are a continuum which are linked and the same could be said of consciousness which exists in the future and in the present and past.

And I can't get past his conclusion:

We have been here before, we will be here again, we will always be, and this is because time and consciousness are a quantum continuum and the distinctions between past present and future are illusions.
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#6  Postby chairman bill » Oct 24, 2015 8:50 pm

There is no past, present and future, just differing quantatative variations in and of elementary particles, forces & spacetime
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby crank » Oct 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
crank wrote:I think you've got a typo on the name, isn't it Yawn Joseph? I couldn't get past this profoundness:

And I can't get past his conclusion:

We have been here before, we will be here again, we will always be, and this is because time and consciousness are a quantum continuum and the distinctions between past present and future are illusions.

Well of course you can't get past it, it's already in your past and hasn't happened yet. :dance:
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Fenrir » Oct 24, 2015 9:33 pm

Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#9  Postby kennyc » Oct 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
kennyc

Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 24, 2015 10:32 pm

I wanted to discuss it on physics forum,they deleted it,telling that Cosmology.com promoting pseudoscience
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#11  Postby Oldskeptic » Oct 24, 2015 10:35 pm

I don't understand why so many people insist on treating consciousness as anything more than a phenotype. An evolved trait that promotes survival until successful reproduction. Sure we use our consciousness/mind for many other things now that seem to have nothing to do with survival on the savanhas of Africa and even use it to avoid reproduction, but our fingers didn't evolve to play the piano or our feet to ice skate either.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#12  Postby kennyc » Oct 25, 2015 1:01 am

Oldskeptic wrote:I don't understand why so many people insist on treating consciousness as anything more than a phenotype. An evolved trait that promotes survival until successful reproduction. Sure we use our consciousness/mind for many other things now that seem to have nothing to do with survival on the savanhas of Africa and even use it to avoid reproduction, but our fingers didn't evolve to play the piano or our feet to ice skate either.

This, exactly!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
kennyc

Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby igorfrankensteen » Oct 25, 2015 1:16 am

Please,read an let me know what you think.

Among other things, I think the author confuses the PERCEPTION of the passage of time, with the ACTUAL passage of time.

That's enough to discount the entire thing as essentially fanciful, and not scientific in any sense.
igorfrankensteen

Name: michael e munson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Alexander1304 » Oct 25, 2015 5:34 am

What do You guys think about his unusual backward dream, and that he contemplates if he dreamed about his life 2000 ago,or it was contact with another world during this dream? And unusual dreams he provided as examples?
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#15  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 25, 2015 5:53 am

The perception of time from a first person experience is entirely unreliable from a scientific perspective and only objective definitions are valid. And there are three : the passing of an event / the distance between events [ an event is defined as a point in spacetime ] / the passing of a thought. However some physicists think that time does not exist and that each event in spacetime is entirely separate from every other event in spacetime. Instead of being seamlessly connected to each other
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby chairman bill » Oct 25, 2015 8:35 am

Alexander1304 wrote:... telling that Cosmology.com promoting pseudoscience

Yep. With an unhealthy dose of woo thrown in for good measure
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Xaihe » Oct 25, 2015 9:11 am

Alexander1304 wrote:What do You guys think about his unusual backward dream, and that he contemplates if he dreamed about his life 2000 ago,or it was contact with another world during this dream? And unusual dreams he provided as examples?

Unusual dreams aren't exactly unusual.
Consciousness is make believe. Just think about it.
Xaihe

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#18  Postby DavidMcC » Oct 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:I wanted to discuss it on physics forum,they deleted it,telling that Cosmology.com promoting pseudoscience

It is, indeed promoting pseudoscience, Alexander.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to General Debunking