Well, non-avian-dinosaurs still exist

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Well, non-avian-dinosaurs still exist

#1  Postby Mr. Skeptic » Sep 09, 2018 9:03 pm

And no, they're not birds. There is a strange amount of these videos floating around on youtube. I wonder why. Well, you can debunk these at your leisure.
Mr. Skeptic

Name: Owen Terry

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Well, non-avian-dinosaurs still exist

#2  Postby Cito di Pense » Sep 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Mr. Skeptic wrote:I wonder why.

Well, I don't. The Dunning-Kruger effect is much more common than really-o, truly-o non-avian dinosaurs.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#3  Postby laklak » Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm

If I were a cryptobiologist I'd invest in a good camera and a photography course.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Mr. Skeptic » Sep 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:

Well, I don't. The Dunning-Kruger effect is much more common than really-o, truly-o non-avian dinosaurs.

A want to believe is more likely.
Mr. Skeptic

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Mr. Skeptic » Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm

laklak wrote:If I were a cryptobiologist I'd invest in a good camera and a photography course.

Apparently, in a world where smartphones dominate America, some still use video cameras from 50's-70's.
Mr. Skeptic

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Thommo » Sep 09, 2018 9:58 pm

laklak wrote:If I were a cryptobiologist I'd invest in a good camera and a photography course.

But photoshop is so much cheaper.
Thommo

Print view this post

#7  Postby Cito di Pense » Sep 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Mr. Skeptic wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:

A want to believe is more likely.

You need to develop a more sanguine response to people pulling your leg. See, you didn't really wonder why, and I called you on it.

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Mr. Skeptic » Sep 11, 2018 1:51 am

Really, that was sarcasm as well. It's harder to read on text than vocals. I mostly decided that the persons who believe this is proof or evidence, are either desperate, suffer from Dunning-Kruger or all the above.
Mr. Skeptic

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Cito di Pense » Sep 11, 2018 4:56 am

Mr. Skeptic wrote:I mostly decided that the persons who believe this is proof or evidence, are either desperate, suffer from Dunning-Kruger or all the above.

For your next trick, you should write down the axioms of Image, taking care to define the operation of addition, so you can put two and two together.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#10  Postby theropod » Sep 11, 2018 1:31 pm

All it takes to debunk that video is to study the biomechanics of non avian dinosaurs just a little. The maker of the video obviously hasn’t bothered to look into what the body of an Ornithomimus could, and could not, do. First off there are no feathers, which they most surely sported. Secondly the tail flops around like a unmanned fire hose opened to the full position. Thirdly the head and neck are held in the “death pose” commonly found in articulated fossil skeletal specimens, when in life they did not employ the ostrich-like upright arrangement, but rather this morphological feature more forward and straight.

Of course none of that matters to a faker attempting to further a conspiracy theory, or to those of the potential audience that barely passed high school level biology classes, much less understands the rigorous efforts paleontologists expend to reveal the secrets behind the lives of dinosaurs.

RS
17 years off-grid and counting.

Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Blackadder » Sep 11, 2018 2:34 pm

theropod wrote:All it takes to debunk that video is to study the biomechanics of non avian dinosaurs just a little. The maker of the video obviously hasn’t bothered to look into what the body of an Ornithomimus could, and could not, do. First off there are no feathers, which they most surely sported. Secondly the tail flops around like a unmanned fire hose opened to the full position. Thirdly the head and neck are held in the “death pose” commonly found in articulated fossil skeletal specimens, when in life they did not employ the ostrich-like upright arrangement, but rather this morphological feature more forward and straight.

Of course none of that matters to a faker attempting to further a conspiracy theory, or to those of the potential audience that barely passed high school level biology classes, much less understands the rigorous efforts paleontologists expend to reveal the secrets behind the lives of dinosaurs.

RS

I suspect you would lose the video-maker at “biomechanics”.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby theropod » Sep 11, 2018 5:44 pm

:this:

Probably both him and those that buy into such trash.

RS
17 years off-grid and counting.

Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 11, 2018 5:45 pm

theropod wrote::this:

Probably both him and those that buy into such trash.

RS

Says the non-avian dinosaur :smug:
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby BlackBart » Sep 11, 2018 8:50 pm

So... we've got all these fucking great dinosaurs lumbering around all over the shop but the only time they're seen is on scraps of shaky video.

:ask:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Keep It Real » Sep 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Crocodiles FTW.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby laklak » Sep 11, 2018 9:23 pm

BlackBart wrote:So... we've got all these fucking great dinosaurs lumbering around all over the shop but the only time they're seen is on scraps of shaky video.

:ask:

They're taunting us, the sneaky bastards, a characteristic shared by Bigfoot, Nessie, and extraterrestrials.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Mr. Skeptic » Sep 12, 2018 1:20 am

theropod wrote:Of course none of that matters to a faker attempting to further a conspiracy theory, or to those of the potential audience that barely passed high school level biology classes, much less understands the rigorous efforts paleontologists expend to reveal the secrets behind the lives of dinosaurs.

RS

Or a person that has that relies on clicks to make a quick buck off of wanna believers. No really, go to the channel that the made the second or third video. It has an amount of bullshit large enough to point where a 100 bulls shitting for a century couldn't make even a fraction of bulls fecal matter in the content of that channel. It's a hoot I'm trying to say.
Mr. Skeptic

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby BlackBart » Sep 12, 2018 1:55 am

Newsflash. A website that lets anyone post videos for free has a lot of bullshit videos posted on it.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Mr. Skeptic » Sep 12, 2018 2:03 am

Well, I always knew that. It's just that this (MrWolf, by the way) has it all. Vampires, Pokemon, Spiderman, you name it, it's on there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cNkY ... ZxP51_vmLw

Just go and watch it. Just for a laugh or two. It's your life man.
Mr. Skeptic

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby BlackBart » Sep 12, 2018 2:26 am

I'll take your word for it. If that's how 'MrWolf' gets his jollies, good luck to him.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Debunking