Will the Trump Prophecies bring legitimacy to Christianity?

100+ Modern Prophets Worldwide have Declared God will Overturn the 2020 US Election

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Will the Trump Prophecies bring legitimacy to Christianity?

#581  Postby truelgbt » Jan 09, 2022 11:07 am

hackenslash wrote:As far as I'm aware, nobody here thinks or says that Christians are stupid.

WHAAAAT? Will a third party here correct that statement? Heavens.
truelgbt

Name: trev

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#582  Postby hackenslash » Jan 09, 2022 11:17 am

Or you could provide an example as requested. If you're certain it happens, you should be able to cite an example of it happening and link to it.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#583  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 09, 2022 12:08 pm

truelgbt wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:That's certainly one explanation for the dramatic decline in Christian membership seen in the U.S. over the last decades, and the number of people identifying as atheist, agnostic, or non-religious.

No.
1) Truth is not determined by a popular vote. If that were so, why is atheism always the smallest population?

Where did I suggest that truth IS determined by a popular vote? :crazy:

What I said is that deranged fuckknuckles ranting their hatred out on the basis of their supposed religious inclinations may well have been part of this dramatic decline in Christian membership. It's certainly hard to square that particular circle when the modern interpretation of God is meant to be love.

And that decline is a fact.

truelgbt wrote:2) Muslims tend to use the reasoning that their faith is the most powerful and genuine because of their large population.

What have Muslims got to do with anything?

Muslims don't have a 'large population' - are you going to rant some racist bollocks now too?

truelgbt wrote:3) Jesus said in the last days "many will abandon the faith." His prophecy is coming true.

Fundies have been declaring that the end times are here for the last 2000 years - it's not only inane, it's also boring. Of course, the reality is that for a good thousand years or so, people didn't have any choice but to remain Christian, otherwise your ideological ancestors would have tortured or murdered them. I expect you're getting moist just thinking about that.

truelgbt wrote:4) Jesus said...

Jesus purportedly said a lot of blather, and if I wanted to know what Jesus purportedly said, I would read the Bible. I am, however, not actually having this conversation with Jesus, but rather with you. So do feel free to tell me what YOU say, and stow the Jesus flapping for someone who cares.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#584  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 09, 2022 12:11 pm

truelgbt wrote:
hackenslash wrote:As far as I'm aware, nobody here thinks or says that Christians are stupid.

Thinking that YOU are stupid doesn't indicate thinking that all Christians are stupid.

I've pointed out before that you absolutely fucking do not represent Christians or Christianity, not least because you already vented yet more prejudice against other Christian sects - you really do have an awful lot of hatred in you.

You only represent yourself, and you're doing a bad enough job of that without assuming that criticism of your vapid trolling is meant to be criticism of other, mentally competent, morally normal Christians.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#585  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 09, 2022 12:14 pm

truelgbt wrote:
What I see here is that whenever Christians say anything, that's supposedly passing judgment as far as some atheists are concerned. But atheists here are passing judgement quite often.

What I see is a vicious little troll who spends an awful lot of energy and time venting his vacuous prejudice to strangers on the internet because they don't conform to his antiquated belief system.

I don't think that's typical of Christians at all. Only the deranged nutjobs - any group of humans will always have their fringe fruitcakes, and no one here is so incompetent as to believe that those loony outliers represent the majority.

You're not making Christianity look bad, not least because you've never once shown yourself to be Christian in any respect other than wearing the lipstick.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#586  Postby Hermit » Jan 09, 2022 1:14 pm

truelgbt wrote:Jesus said in the last days "many will abandon the faith." His prophecy is coming true.

There is a problem with that prophecy, and you would have known, had you actually read the book you purport to quote from.The problem is that the "last days" were prophesied to occur during his disciples' life time.

"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." [Matthew 24: 32-34]

Christians have been trained to ignore those verses because the prophesy is a manifest failure. They were trained to focus on a following verse [Matthew 24: 36] instead: “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Note the "day or hour" bit. It does nothing to contradict Matthew 24: 32-34.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#587  Postby BlackBart » Jan 09, 2022 5:00 pm

truelgbt wrote:

Interesting you cut the request for an example from that quote - not got any?

I don't think Christians per se are stupid at all. Archbishop Desmond Tutu for example, was an extremely intelligent and courageous man, and you'd do well to learn from his example. I do happen to think that narrow-minded, intolerant, ignorant bigots are inordinately stupid. Something of a tautology, but there you go.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#588  Postby The_Piper » Jan 09, 2022 5:12 pm

There are certainly dumb Christians, but not all of them are. Maybe not even most of them are. You see, there's a thing called nuance, which most Ratskeppers are automatically aware of, because life.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#589  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 09, 2022 6:55 pm

Hermit wrote:
truelgbt wrote:Jesus said in the last days "many will abandon the faith." His prophecy is coming true.

There is a problem with that prophecy, and you would have known, had you actually read the book you purport to quote from.The problem is that the "last days" were prophesied to occur during his disciples' life time.

"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." [Matthew 24: 32-34]

Christians have been trained to ignore those verses because the prophesy is a manifest failure. They were trained to focus on a following verse [Matthew 24: 36] instead: “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Note the "day or hour" bit. It does nothing to contradict Matthew 24: 32-34.

Of course, this is the main problem when dealing with the credulous. They simply lie when it serves them.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#590  Postby fluttermoth » Jan 09, 2022 9:10 pm

truelgbt wrote:

My best friend is a Christian, we've been friends for nearly forty years and, although I think she's mistaken in her beliefs about god and Jesus, I've never thought of her as stupid, because she's not.
fluttermoth

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#591  Postby TopCat » Jan 09, 2022 10:59 pm

fluttermoth wrote:
truelgbt wrote:

My best friend is a Christian, we've been friends for nearly forty years and, although I think she's mistaken in her beliefs about god and Jesus, I've never thought of her as stupid, because she's not.

Yep. One of my two best friends is also a Christian. I've been friends with him for well over 40 years, and he's very much also not stupid.

I think he's wrong, and as an ex-Christian myself, I think I have a pretty good understanding of why he's wrong. But stupid he ain't. And he's still friends with me, despite my apostasy. Plenty of the other Christians I knew from those days long ago aren't.

If you think the atheists here write Christians off as stupid, @truelgbt, perhaps you're an exception.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#592  Postby Greg the Grouper » Jan 09, 2022 11:26 pm

TopCat wrote:
fluttermoth wrote:
truelgbt wrote:

Yep. One of my two best friends is also a Christian. I've been friends with him for well over 40 years, and he's very much also not stupid.

I think he's wrong, and as an ex-Christian myself, I think I have a pretty good understanding of why he's wrong. But stupid he ain't. And he's still friends with me, despite my apostasy. Plenty of the other Christians I knew from those days long ago aren't.

If you think the atheists here write Christians off as stupid, @truelgbt, perhaps you're an exception.

My fiance is Christian! She's probably smarter than I am, to be honest.
The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
Greg the Grouper

Name: Patrick

United States (us)
Print view this post

#593  Postby monkeyboy » Jan 09, 2022 11:54 pm

truelgbt wrote:.

For example, if an atheist says Christians are stupid, that IS a judgment, is it not?

And so fucking what if an atheist did? Is there some sort of handbook which forbids atheists from being judgemental? We can quote biblical scripture which suggests christians should avoid it lest they upset the celestial curtain twitcher and risk some sort psychotic hissy fit but where is it written that I can't do it?

For the umpteenth trillion time, only requirement needed to an atheist is to lack belief in god(s). After that, we needn't think, behave, believe etc anything other atheists do or don't. Just that one requirement. So, if one atheist thinks something or is judgemental etc, doesn't mean we all are or matters one tiny fuck towards what atheism is or how other atheists think. We have no creed or handbook to follow, just a lack of belief on one issue.

Now, your examples of that sort of ad hominem attack here please. Not sure you're going to find many. People lambasting christianity and examples of fucknuttery contained within as stupid, sure but christians themselves? Well, let's see your evidence.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#594  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 10, 2022 2:08 am

monkeyboy wrote:
For the umpteenth trillion time, only requirement needed to an atheist is to lack belief in god(s). After that, we needn't think, behave, believe etc anything other atheists do or don't. Just that one requirement. So, if one atheist thinks something or is judgemental etc, doesn't mean we all are or matters one tiny fuck towards what atheism is or how other atheists think. We have no creed or handbook to follow, just a lack of belief on one issue.

It's all VASTLY too subtle for people like Trev - even black and white is challenging enough for people like him.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#595  Postby truelgbt » Jan 10, 2022 8:15 am

BlackBart wrote:I don't think Christians per se are stupid at all. Archbishop Desmond Tutu for example, was an extremely intelligent and courageous man, and you'd do well to learn from his example. I do happen to think that narrow-minded, intolerant, ignorant bigots are inordinately stupid. Something of a tautology, but there you go.

ok, so you don't think ALL Christians are stupid. I believe you and give you the benefit of the doubt. Good point.

However, to believe just ONE Christian is stupid still qualifies you to be 'judgmental' on your part, IMHO, unless there is an established minimum threshold to meet before falling into the 'judgmental' category.

Judgmental: Definition: tendency to judge harshly
truelgbt

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#596  Postby truelgbt » Jan 10, 2022 8:17 am

Prophecy Update:

2022 is the year of THE NEW and all things are being made right! So we must pray for the USA and President Trump.

There is doom and gloom coming for the enemies of God - that is, the corrupt leaders of the world.
2022 is a time of Recompense (consequences for evil leaders), Removals (for corrupt leaders), and Restorations (for the nation).

While God's people will watch His Hand at work and not be moved, the world will be in confusion and chaos.

The fall of the corrupt will be great, and the exposure of their corruptions will be explosive, raining down like a meteor shower. We will also hear of more meteors in the news, signaling God's deliverance (as previously explained, God often causes natural phenomena in our world to signal what is happening in the spiritual world).

Watch the USA State of California. Great exposure of corruption will hit the news regarding their control over weather and food and goods shortages (maybe something to do with the shipping container ships which have not been allowed to enter the San Pedro Harbor, thus causing shortages?). An earthquake (literal or figurative?) will expose them.

The Lord had let the corrupt leaders go this far in their evil plans - for the sake of the awakening of the people, but now God will put a stop to their tyranny and rule over the people. He is removing their power, money, and influence.

Note: I have some questions about the meaning of this prophecy as noted above, however, it is very similar to the last 2 prophecies given in post #550 and #561. Also, most of these latest prophecies declare February 2022 will be the start of God's show!

So for those of you who have been asking "when?", there it is.
truelgbt

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#597  Postby Evolving » Jan 10, 2022 8:32 am

Is there something wrong with thinking that a stupid individual is stupid?
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#598  Postby BlackBart » Jan 10, 2022 9:05 am

truelgbt wrote:
BlackBart wrote:I don't think Christians per se are stupid at all. Archbishop Desmond Tutu for example, was an extremely intelligent and courageous man, and you'd do well to learn from his example. I do happen to think that narrow-minded, intolerant, ignorant bigots are inordinately stupid. Something of a tautology, but there you go.

ok, so you don't think ALL Christians are stupid. I believe you and give you the benefit of the doubt.

Not required

However, to believe just ONE Christian is stupid still qualifies you to be 'judgmental' on your part, IMHO, unless there is an established minimum threshold to meet before falling into the 'judgmental' category.

Point to the bit where you were judged harshly, I cant find it .
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#599  Postby hackenslash » Jan 10, 2022 9:16 am

truelgbt wrote:

ok, so you don't think ALL Christians are stupid. I believe you and give you the benefit of the doubt. Good point.

So your response to your blanket accusation being refuted is not to acknowledge that you got it wrong but to assert by wheedling that somehow you got it right anyway.

Not all Christians are stupid. Some very definitely are. And bigoted. And nasty.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#600  Postby Seabass » Jan 10, 2022 9:24 am

truelgbt wrote:

You should see what this feller called "truelgbt" says about atheists!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking