Will the Trump Prophecies bring legitimacy to Christianity?

100+ Modern Prophets Worldwide have Declared God will Overturn the 2020 US Election

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Will the Trump Prophecies bring legitimacy to Christianity?

#81  Postby hackenslash » Jun 06, 2021 9:26 am

Spearthrower wrote:Mine was a failed prophecy - I ate chicken chowmein and pan friend momo.

Therefore God does not exist.

But if I have ham and cheese sandwich for lunch tomorrow, maybe God does exist and it was just my fallible floppy humanness that failed to accurately divine the intent of the divine.

I mean, it stands to reason I will at some point have ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, therefore God exists - stoopid ahamandcheese atheists.

Well, even god gets it wrong on occasion. I mean, one or two (or all) of the prophecies in the bible turned out to be bollocks.

I think you're still doing OK. Maybe we can liken it to Newton's prediction for the precession of Mercury's perihelion. There's absolutely no doubt that he was a prophet, under truelgbt's metric. He was also Christian, so there's that (although he was guilty of quite a few heresies, but the church let him off with those, and even removed a requirement for an oath acknowledging the trinity required of all chairs at Cambridge, because he was too intelligent to believe that nonsense, and because he was useful to them.

Besides, I've lost count of how many times you've accurately predicted the behaviour of trolls and apologists over the years. I think we can safely say your prophetic record is intact.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#82  Postby hackenslash » Jun 06, 2021 9:28 am

Spearthrower wrote:I thought you'd said some dopey things, but this is priceless.

This will forever go down as one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've ever read.

IKR? It's right up there with intimidating wild animals by shaking your car keys or polar bears being white because they're scared of humans.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#83  Postby hackenslash » Jun 06, 2021 9:49 am

truelgbt wrote:No. If you ever go to Mexico, for example, Catholics and Evangelicals mutually see each other as false believers. This understanding is a 2-way street and goes both ways.

Oh, dear. You really decided to go there. Have you ever looked at the demographics of Mexico by religion? Does it even bother you that the tool you have in your hand (no, not that one, dirty boy; put it away) is equally adept at posting on the forum AND finding shit out, especially easily checkable stuff like this and that you utterly fail to check your assertions before shitting them all over the forum?

82% catlicker. Tell me again how this is a two-way street.

And honestly, don't talk to us about understanding. You have none.

Catholics pray to dead saints, their churches are filled with idols/statues to which they kneel before and pray, etc. all of which the Bible says to avoid. Their Bible also contains extra books not in the standard Bible used by the rest of the world.

Does you church not have a crucifix over the altar? I've been in a lot of churches (considerably more than most believers) and I've encountered very few that weren't laden with graven images. Indeed, the only exceptions that spring to mind are those in rural America I went to when I was a boy, and I suspect that's mostly about money.

In any event, the modern-day graven image is ably embodied by the televangelists. TV is just another kind of graven image. Your magic man would have prohibited it if he were any good at predicting the future. because it's just sufficiently far removed to avoid the charge of being a graven image, but it's functionally indistinguishable from one.

Funny thing is, do you know who practices the most accurately biblical version of Christianity I've ever encountered? You're not going to like the answer (or maybe you will like the answer, in which case I seriously fear for your sanity).

This is why the CATHOLIC Crusades and the CATHOLIC Inquisition MURDERED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF CHRISTIANS for refusing to bow to the Pope. Atheists then blame those events on Christians in general - who were murdered???

Of course they were Christians. In those days, everybody was, or at least purported to be, because that's what enforced conformity to doctrine entails, and that's pretty much the complete description of European religion for the last 2,000 years.

WHAAT? No wonder the Catholic Church - the False Church of the end times - is described in the Bible as: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3).

yes, because the founders of the catlicker church, when they were deciding what to include in the bible, decided that they should say that their church - the only Christian church in existence at the time - was denying the power of godliness.

Do you even read the bum-custard you post before hitting submit?

It is not surprising that the false church of the endtimes would instigate the Crusades and the Inquisition - it is a tool of satan.

All Christian churches are false, because your god provably doesn't exist. The very fact that you're saying these things about another sect of your pathetic death cult demonstrates that your god is fiction. There's no other way to put it. The bible proves god doesn't exist. The existence of more than one bible shows... well, you figure it out.

This is not to say that the Catholic church does not have true believers in it though. But being the false church, the Catholic Church does not originate with God but is a concoction of man. The same goes for the Pope.

Same also goes for your church, because that's false as well. All sects of the Christian death cult are. Sorry.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#84  Postby hackenslash » Jun 06, 2021 10:00 am

Spearthrower wrote:The ineffable Creator of everything: can rustle up a universe complete with complex webs of forces and environments, but just can't coerce an election to elect His supposed Chosen One.

Maybe they should switch their loyalties to Putin, who apparently can.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#85  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 06, 2021 12:06 pm

I think they might already have done so! :D
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#86  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 06, 2021 12:36 pm

Also, creator of the universe, but can't figure out who the traitors are and just tell him. The best deities are the ones that create nonsense limits to their abilities that just happen to make it look exactly like they don't exist.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 06, 2021 1:22 pm

I didn't even realise chrisianity was considered illegitimate, or in need of legitimising, which just goes to show how little I know!

Was it born outside of 'wedlock' or something?

Oh... wait.....
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#88  Postby hackenslash » Jun 06, 2021 1:30 pm

:rofl: :wave:
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#89  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 06, 2021 1:38 pm

:grin: :thumbup:
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#90  Postby The_Piper » Jun 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Here's the amount of attention this requires: . I didn't even finish the op. Magic isn't real, the end.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Keep It Real » Jun 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Me too Piper, didn't even bother reading it at all, knowing that even if any prophesies ARE fulfilled, the likelihood of that being due to chance/coincidence/logical prediction etc always far outweighs the probability of there being a talking snake that chatted up a rib-woman in a garden which was the whole world etc etc etc. Non-starter...

...in other news Nostradamus may have made some predictions which came true!!!!111!!!! :yawn:
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#92  Postby hackenslash » Jun 06, 2021 3:08 pm

truelgbt wrote:These are all hallmarks of an atheist[/b2]

Something occurred to me about this while I was pinching a loaf and pondering the nature of thought (I do a lot of thinking in the smelly room).

You've been a member of this forum for almost three years. Indeed, in the other thread in which I and others have been shredding your cortical turds, I responded to a reply from you to one of my debunks of your idiocy from 2018, so it isn't like you're unaware of my modus, but that isn't what occurred to me.

You've been a member here for that length of time, and you've interacted with many atheists, which begs the question:

If these were really, as you suggest, 'hallmarks of an atheist', what makes those responses stand out sufficiently to make them worthy of highlighting in this manner? Surely, if they were the hallmark of an atheist, you'd be desensitised to it by now, and it wouldn't even be worthy of comment, because it would be par for the course. That you chose to whinge about it at all is a crystal clear indicator that you haven't, in fact, experienced much of this degree of aggressive attack on your cephalitic, syphilitic silliness.

So, another lie. When you reach the levels of recidivism in this regard, it makes it obvious to all that you're not engaging honestly, and it's hard not to draw broader conclusions.

I get that you don't like my potty mouth, but that's just more of your magical thinking, because words CANNOT be bad. It's a howling category error to even suggest that they can. Just another logic fail to add to the burgeoning litany.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#93  Postby The_Piper » Jun 06, 2021 3:48 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Me too Piper, didn't even bother reading it at all, knowing that even if any prophesies ARE fulfilled, the likelihood of that being due to chance/coincidence/logical prediction etc always far outweighs the probability of there being a talking snake that chatted up a rib-woman in a garden which was the whole world etc etc etc. Non-starter...

...in other news Nostradamus may have made some predictions which came true!!!!111!!!! :yawn:

:lol: :lol: Exactly. Some people force themselves to believe in woo I think.

ETA - since this is in debunking, I understand it getting all the replies, I was only speaking for myself and others who find these topics tiring.
Last edited by The_Piper on Jun 06, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#94  Postby The_Piper » Jun 06, 2021 3:49 pm

hackenslash wrote:
truelgbt wrote:These are all hallmarks of an atheist[/b2]

Something occurred to me about this while I was pinching a loaf and pondering the nature of thought (I do a lot of thinking in the smelly room).
-snip-

I call mine the library. :shifty:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#95  Postby hackenslash » Jun 06, 2021 4:23 pm

I have many names for it. :)
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#96  Postby Animavore » Jun 07, 2021 7:51 am

truelgbt wrote:
Animavore wrote:Why would God choose a non-Christian who thinks Christians are stupid to lead the US?

???? Your statement needs clarification. Where does your statement come from? Did Trump say something in the past about Christians leading the US?

I'm talking about Trump mocking Christians behind their backs and calling their religion a con.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#97  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 07, 2021 3:31 pm

The boom-boom room! The porcelain harbor! The prophecy depository!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 07, 2021 6:05 pm

Trump: Look Christians. I'm holding a Bible. *checks* Yup, think that's a Bible! Here it is! I'm standing here, outside a church, holding a Bible. Get the message yet Christians? It's a Bible! See? You got the church, right? *serious face*

Reporter: Is that your Bible?

Trump: it's A Bible... ugh... no more questions!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#99  Postby Blackadder » Jun 07, 2021 7:30 pm

Will the Trump Prophecies bring legitimacy to Christianity?

No.

There are no "Trump Prophecies". He's a lying cunt, not a prophet.

And there is no legitimacy to religion.

Only a fucking idiot would even pose such a stupid, braindead question.

Hope that helps.

Next, please.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#100  Postby romansh » Jun 07, 2021 8:27 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

Looks like the church went to some effort to keep Trump out.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking