Amkerman's Argument For God

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Amkerman's Argument For God

#201  Postby xrayzed » May 22, 2012 4:30 am

OlivierK wrote:Three months ago, in a different thread, I posted:
OlivierK wrote:In all seriousness, amkerman, you say that you're only passingly familiar with formal logic. I don't mean to be rude, but it really shows. I think you might find a course in symbolic logic extremely enlightening.

It's like déjà vu all over again :roll:

Reading this thread over the past few days it's become more and more obvious that amkerman was simply Googling to find relevant supporting arguments, and failing to realise they didn't support what he was arguing, and often positively contradicted his position.

The kindest interpretation I can find is that amkerman is so convinced of the rightness of his argument a) he assumes it must be logically sound, and b) that any criticisms pointed out flaws in his argument must be wrong; it's just a question of determining in what way they are wrong.

Which is pretty much the religious approach to most things.

[Edited for clarity.]
Last edited by xrayzed on May 22, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A thinking creationist is an oxymoron. A non-thinking creationist is just a moron.
(Source: johannessiig, here)
xrayzed

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#202  Postby Thommo » May 22, 2012 6:19 am

OlivierK wrote:Three months ago, in a different thread, I posted:
OlivierK wrote:In all seriousness, amkerman, you say that you're only passingly familiar with formal logic. I don't mean to be rude, but it really shows. I think you might find a course in symbolic logic extremely enlightening.

It's like déjà vu all over again :roll:

Based on your past success, I wonder if you'd like to play double or quits and predict how long it will be before Amkerman raises this argument in yet another thread, and whether when he does he will have amended it based on criticism here, or disregarded it completely? :naughty2:
Thommo

Print view this post

#203  Postby OlivierK » May 22, 2012 11:09 am

Who'd take the other side, though? :think:
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism