Christian Racism

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Christian Racism

#1  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 03, 2019 7:42 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49571207

Mississippi wedding venue refuses interracial pair over owner's Christian faith

A US interracial couple was turned away by a wedding venue because the owner said their union went against her Christian beliefs, video shows.

The footage was filmed at Boone's Camp Event Hall in Booneville, Mississippi, by the groom's sister who met the woman about the rejection.

During the exchange the owner says the decision was because we "don't do gay weddings or mixed race".

There it is!

On this forum, we predicted this years back when this supposed 'religious liberty' bullshit started up... back when Seth, with his ironically named 'tolerism', was arguing that of course people could deny service to homosexuals on religious grounds, and no one would possibly use it as it was routinely used historically for racist fucknuttery. From bakeries to weddings in just a few years. This is what politicized religious fundamentalism looks like... it's theocracy.

Oh she's apologized, she didn't know, she was taught. But it's that creep. Next year someone else will do it, but this time they won't apologize, it will be an article of faith based on their exegesis, it will be in the courts. Will those courts be sufficiently robust after Trump's pandering to the religious right to withstand this regression?

This is a space that needs to be watched hard.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Christian Racism

#2  Postby laklak » Sep 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Blacks, you see, are Children of Ham, who looked upon his father Noah's nakedness and was cursed. They're Cannanites.

It's in The Book.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Nearly every example I've seen of 'religious liberty is thinly veiled religious exceptionalism.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 03, 2019 8:24 pm

laklak wrote:Blacks, you see, are Children of Ham, who looked upon his father Noah's nakedness and was cursed. They're Cannanites.

It's in The Book.

No, they're actually the descendants of Caïn the brother killer and therefore somehow less-than. Never mind that Caïn was the only human being that procreated, presumably with the only female human in existence, his mother Eve.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
laklak wrote:Blacks, you see, are Children of Ham, who looked upon his father Noah's nakedness and was cursed. They're Cannanites.

It's in The Book.

No, they're actually the descendants of Caïn the brother killer and therefore somehow less-than. Never mind that Caïn was the only human being that procreated, presumably with the only female human in existence, his mother Eve.

Who was a genetic clone of Adam, being taken from his rib.

No surprise it all went to shit. The ultimate progenitors of humanity were near perfectly inbred, like presumably the lady in the article.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby laklak » Sep 03, 2019 8:36 pm

If you've never lived there it's hard to believe just how batshit parts of the Bible Belt are. There are people who pass fucking rattlesnakes around church. I saw a church in North Carolina named "First Church of the Blood of the Holy Lamb" (what was the schism about?). There are national Baptaist denominations where at a wedding the bride lies at the groom's feet. I've seen cripples healed and people speaking in tongues and convulsing on the floor. They're certifiable.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Seabass » Sep 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Spearthrower wrote:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49571207

Mississippi wedding venue refuses interracial pair over owner's Christian faith

A US interracial couple was turned away by a wedding venue because the owner said their union went against her Christian beliefs, video shows.

The footage was filmed at Boone's Camp Event Hall in Booneville, Mississippi, by the groom's sister who met the woman about the rejection.

During the exchange the owner says the decision was because we "don't do gay weddings or mixed race".

There it is!

On this forum, we predicted this years back when this supposed 'religious liberty' bullshit started up... back when Seth, with his ironically named 'tolerism', was arguing that of course people could deny service to homosexuals on religious grounds, and no one would possibly use it as it was routinely used historically for racist fucknuttery. From bakeries to weddings in just a few years. This is what politicized religious fundamentalism looks like... it's theocracy.

Oh she's apologized, she didn't know, she was taught. But it's that creep. Next year someone else will do it, but this time they won't apologize, it will be an article of faith based on their exegesis, it will be in the courts. Will those courts be sufficiently robust after Trump's pandering to the religious right to withstand this regression?

This is a space that needs to be watched hard.

Tolerism! I remember tolerism! Image

Good ol' Seth. I wonder how many guns he's up to these days... :think:
"The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." ―H.L. Mencken

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." —Einstein
"I’m a nationalist." —Trump
Seabass

Name: Typical Macho American

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tolerism! I remember tolerism! Image

Good ol' Seth. I wonder how many guns he's up to these days... :think:

An all too typical devotee of Ayn Rand.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby laklak » Sep 03, 2019 9:13 pm

We get the lunacy here, too, but the chicanery and flim-flam are far more obvious. Pastors spray insecticide into their parishioner's faces. One made them all strip naked and spanked them while they twirled their underwear over their heads. A guy in South Africa just dug an old lady out of a grave after three days and resurected the hell out of her. I think that was in response to another guy a few weeks earlier who raised a dead man from his coffin at the funeral. This shit is on the front pages of the newspapers. The big pastors all drive big cars and flaunt their money. The American televangelist Ernest Angley used to run big revivals here where he'd sell prayer cloths and coffee mugs that would "cure AIDS". It's fucking obscene. They're shameless con men who should be in jail.
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 03, 2019 10:06 pm

Predators and parasites.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#11  Postby Blackadder » Sep 04, 2019 9:22 am

The very first priest in human history realised that bullshit would get him goods and sex from the gullible. All they've done since then, is refined the business model.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby laklak » Sep 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Those old guys had it great. If you knocked up a parishioner then Moloch picked the baby for the next sacrifice.
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#13  Postby ORZIL » Nov 18, 2019 8:01 pm

laklak wrote:We get the lunacy here, too, but the chicanery and flim-flam are far more obvious. Pastors spray insecticide into their parishioner's faces. One made them all strip naked and spanked them while they twirled their underwear over their heads. A guy in South Africa just dug an old lady out of a grave after three days and resurected the hell out of her. I think that was in response to another guy a few weeks earlier who raised a dead man from his coffin at the funeral. This shit is on the front pages of the newspapers. The big pastors all drive big cars and flaunt their money. The American televangelist Ernest Angley used to run big revivals here where he'd sell prayer cloths and coffee mugs that would "cure AIDS". It's fucking obscene. They're shameless con men who should be in jail.

what is the relation of money to religion? :think:
ORZIL

Name: ORZIL SANZIO

Print view this post

#14  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 19, 2019 12:49 am

ORZIL wrote:
laklak wrote:We get the lunacy here, too, but the chicanery and flim-flam are far more obvious. Pastors spray insecticide into their parishioner's faces. One made them all strip naked and spanked them while they twirled their underwear over their heads. A guy in South Africa just dug an old lady out of a grave after three days and resurected the hell out of her. I think that was in response to another guy a few weeks earlier who raised a dead man from his coffin at the funeral. This shit is on the front pages of the newspapers. The big pastors all drive big cars and flaunt their money. The American televangelist Ernest Angley used to run big revivals here where he'd sell prayer cloths and coffee mugs that would "cure AIDS". It's fucking obscene. They're shameless con men who should be in jail.

what is the relation of money to religion? :think:

Parasitism.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#15  Postby Alan B » Nov 21, 2019 3:03 pm

It's all about control. The psychopathic control freaks use any means to exert control over others. With some, religion is the tool and where the populace begins to 'see through' the con, politics or financial control will be used and so-on...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Arcanyn » Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Nearly every example I've seen of 'religious liberty is thinly veiled religious exceptionalism.

Basically, it boils down to the notion that it's perfectly fine to behave like a jerk, so long as you're sufficiently arrogant to claim that the creator of the universe endorses your behaviour. And should anyone point out how much of a jerk you're being, they're the ones persecuting you. It's just pretty much standard narcissistic behaviour - a narcissist will always find some way to make themselves out to be the victim when someone tries to hold them accountable for their actions.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#17  Postby I'm With Stupid » Nov 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Alan B wrote:It's all about control. The psychopathic control freaks use any means to exert control over others. With some, religion is the tool and where the populace begins to 'see through' the con, politics or financial control will be used and so-on...

I think this is sometimes true, but I think often it's more organic than that, and the reason I think so is because what I've witnessed since the birth of platforms like Twitter. You see similar patterns with political views that you would often associate with religious thinking. Basically in order to gain status and followers, you have to basically reflect the views of your tribe, and those who appear more pious, more committed, and often more extreme (perhaps up to a point), will often gain more status. The group attacks anyone who sways from the agreed narrative and the agreed narrative can include all sorts of things that are seemingly unrelated. So if you get status as a prominent liberal Briton because of your views on immigration, feminism and the NHS, you could easily find yourself ostracized if you came out in favour of cutting corporation tax, even though there's no logical reason why you couldn't hold all of those positions. But ironically the person with this level of status arguably also has more leeway to say the unpopular thing without consequence. John Barnes can say "I don't think that was racist" in a way that someone without his history of fighting racism wouldn't get away with.

I think it was Stephen Pinker who gives the example of a southern conservative in America and why upon knowing their views on a couple of issues, you're likely to be able to predict their views on a whole host of other seemingly unrelated issues. It's basically because in that person's social circle, these are the accepted political opinions that confer status and respect. And in real life, your day-to-day experience is far more likely to be impacted if you start expressing views that are considered wrong, crazy or even immoral among your peers than it is by any election. Which isn't to say that these people don't genuinely believe the opinions they hold, just that everyone's values and beliefs are affected by the values of the social group they belong to. If everyone you know believes something, the chances that you believe it too are going to increase exponentially.

I honestly think that watching how Twitter works has taught me more about belief and its causes than all of the religious debates I've seen and all of the books I've read on the topic.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 22, 2019 5:23 pm

:thumbup:

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Return to Theism