Christianity: A fire/volcano Cult

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Christianity: A fire/volcano Cult

#1  Postby TheJackel » Jul 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Part 1:

You really want to understand the bible? Read it carefully, it's what I have come to consider a fire/volcano cult. Fire is regarded as divine, and that which holds the spirit of GOD. Yahweh was a War GOD, a volcano, or also known as the "Devouring fire". You can reference this:

First, lets really take a look at what Yahweh is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euG-7q3Jg8c[/youtube]

MT Sinai is the mountain of GOD, a mountain to which contains Yahweh, the GOD of war. Yahweh is referred to as the "devouring fire", and the "God of the Armies". However we also have El Elyon and El Shaddai, These came before Yahweh, and El Elyon means "God Most High" while El Shaddai means "God of the Mountains", And "God Almighty". In that Era El Shaddai was dually used, and the Shin " ש " to which is the Hebrew alphabet letter for fire is also another name for GOD. This is where El Shaddai comes from, and it's relationship with the "God of the Mountains", and "God Almighty". Also The root word "shadad" (שדד) means "to overpower" or "to destroy". This would also give Shaddai the meaning of "destroyer" to which contains the Hebrew letter for fire. So in the Christian religion a fire/volcano GOD is clearly worshiped. But let's further examine why that is here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=_3Jp_M ... me&f=false

Wiki:

Shin also stands for the word Shaddai, a name for God. Because of this, a kohen (priest) forms the letter Shin with his hands as he recites the Priestly Blessing.

The letter Shin is often inscribed on the case containing a mezuzah, a scroll of parchment with Biblical text written on it. The text contained in the mezuzah is the Shema Yisrael prayer, which calls the Israelites to love their God with all their heart, soul and strength. The mezuzah is situated upon all the doorframes in a home or establishment. Sometimes the whole word Shaddai will be written.

This Yahweh, the "God of the armies", is the God that delivered the Israel people from Egypt. But this GOD is also a Fire / Volcano type of GOD, and This is found in Genesis 12 in regards to the story of Abraham. At this point Yahweh became the main god of worship for some time:

Exudus 18:11 "Now I know that Yahweh is Greater than All other GODS"

But after war and arriving in the promised land, the Hebrews began once again to worship Baal and Asherah as they began to prosper in peace. And since they no longer needed help in war, Yahweh simply just became just one of the other GODS.. The cult of Yahweh almost became extinct in around 597 - 538 BC after it was officially established as the GOD of Judah. This is the same time the Hebrews were exiled to Babylon when the Temple was destroyed. The GODs of this era were associated with territories of land, and after their defeat you get this:

Psalm 137:4 How can we sing the song of Yahweh when in a foreign land?

Thus If it weren't for The Second Isaiah, the cult of Yahweh would have gone extinct, and Christianity today would look very different today, or not even exist at all. This is the point where Monotheism really begins to hold and take root. The cult of Yahweh is where Jesus and Moses come from. So in regards to the Second Isaiah, this is where you finally get actual monotheism :

* Isaiah 44:6 "I am the first and I am the last. Besides me, there is no GOD"

So in understanding the above, we come to another key thing to note. All the different names for GOD is that they are all the same GOD. In Exodus 6:2-3 states that Yahweh, Elohim, El Elyon (GOD Most High), and El Shaddai are stated as being the same GOD.

Exodus 6:2

2 God also said to Moses, “I am the LORD.

Exodus 6:3

3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty,[a] but by my name the LORD I did not make myself fully known to them.

Exodus 6:3 Hebrew El-Shaddai
Exodus 6:3 See note at 3:15.

This is stating that they are just different names for the same GOD... It's where monotheism solidifies, and parts away from it's polytheistic roots and smashes all the supposed false Idols including Yahweh's wife Asherah. This is also where women are seen weak and should obey the will of man. So what all this means is that Judaism and Christianity were born from a volcano/fire cult to which came from their polytheistic roots. These Yahwehists are those who worshiped a Volcano / fire GOD as the most powerful of all GODs, and a symbol of mans Power. Volcanoes made the other GODS such as Baal and Asheren look weak. So they look to a GOD that shows them strength, and Power. And it's no wonder why they had worshiped one as a fire GOD of the armies, a destroyer ect. So let's take a much closer look at this shall we?

Exudos:

* Exodus13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

* Exodus 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

* 12 And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying, Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it: whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death.

* 16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

* 18 And mount Sinai (the real MT Sinai and city of sodom likely existed in Jordan) was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.

Some will say the Bible doesn't mention the word "Volcano" but lets examine why that is with the Last Exudos quote (pay close attention to "Noise of the Tumpet" "Thunderings, and Lightnings"):

* Exodus 20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

His description is that of a volcano..But they didn't have the word Volcano back then to use for a description.. And this is why:

'Volcano' comes from the roman god of blacksmiths and fire, Vulcan. When a volcano erupted in Roman times, the people explained it as Vulcan being angry, and hitting the anvil in his forgery (the volcano) with extra strength, sending up the sparks.

And in these types of Vulcano/fire Cults, the thunderous noises, and lightnings coming from the mountains were considered the "Voice of GOD" as noted in the following link below.. And it's amazing how that directly relates to Moses's description of GOD, and how GOD speaks to him. And of course a supportive link to go along with it:

http://books.google.com/books?id=KnIYRi ... le&f=false

Thus even though the term "Volcano" is not in the Bible, the term Mountain is good enough. Describing a volcano and calling it GOD is all I really require out of that. But let's continue on to the Deuteronomy, Psalm, and other sources shall we?

Deuteronomy:

* Deuteronomy 4:11 And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.

* Deuteronomy 12:2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree

* Deuteronomy 5:23 And it came to pass, when ye heard the voice out of the midst of the darkness, (for the mountain did burn with fire,) that ye came near unto me, even all the heads of your tribes, and your elders;

Psalm:

* 6 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

* 7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.

* 8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

* 13 The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.

* 14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.

* Psalms 97:1-5: "The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof. 2 Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne. 3A fire goeth before him, and burneth up his enemies round about. 4 His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled. 5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth."

* Psalm 50:3: God appears as a devouring fire, round about him a mighty tempest

Supporting evidence from Qur'an:

Qur'an 26:176-189

The dwellers of Al-Aiyka [near Madyan (Midian)] belied the Messengers.

When Shu'aib (Shuaib) said to them: "Will you not fear Allah (and obey Him)?

"I am a trustworthy Messenger to you.

"So fear Allah, keep your duty to Him, and obey me.

"No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message of Islamic Monotheism), my reward is only from the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

"Give full measure, and cause no loss (to others).

"And weigh with the true and straight balance.

"And defraud not people by reducing their things, nor do evil, making corruption and mischief in the land.

"And fear Him Who created you and the generations of the men of old."

They said: "You are only one of those bewitched!

"You are but a human being like us and verily, we think that you are one of the liars!

"So cause a piece of the heaven to fall on us, if you are of the truthful!"

He said: "My Lord is the Best Knower of what you do."

But they belied him, so the torment of the day of shadow (a gloomy cloud) seized them, indeed that was the torment of a Great Day.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn 26:189

But they denied him, so they were seized by the chastisement of the day of the shade (al-zulla) — a cloud which gave them shade when they suffered a bout of extreme heat but which then rained down fire on them and they were incinerated. Assuredly it was the chastisement of a tremendous day.

--

Part 2:

Now lets reference hell in the Bible:

* Mark 9:48 "where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched"

* Revelation 14:10 "he will be tormented with fire and brimstone"

* Revelation 14:11 "the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night"
* Revelation 20:14 "This is the second death, the lake of fire"

* The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

* In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

* In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting FIRE,. . ."

* Revelation 20:15 "If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire"

* Numbers 16:32-33: And THE EARTH OPENED HER MOUTH, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive INTO THE PIT, and the EARTH CLOSED UPON THEM

You can also Read this book here if it interests you:

http://books.google.com/books?id=0rA-9U ... &q&f=false

-----------

Part 3:

Let's take a closer look that the Deuteronomy:

* Deuteronomy 4:11:

New International Version (©1984)
You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain while it blazed with fire to the very heavens, with black clouds and deep darkness.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, while flames from the mountain shot into the sky. The mountain was shrouded in black clouds and deep darkness.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And you came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, while the mountain burned with fire to the heart of heaven, wrapped in darkness, cloud, and gloom.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the very heart of the heavens: darkness, cloud and thick gloom.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
So you came and stood at the foot of the mountain, which was on fire with flames shooting into the sky. It was dark, cloudy, and gloomy.

King James Bible
And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.

American King James Version
And you came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire to the middle of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.

American Standard Version
And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the heart of heaven, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness.

Bible in Basic English
And you came near, waiting at the foot of the mountain; and flames of fire went up from the mountain to the heart of heaven, with dark clouds, and all was black as night.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And you came to the foot of the mount, which burned even unto heaven: and there was darkness, and a cloud and obscurity in it.

Darby Bible Translation
And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire to the heart of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and obscurity.

English Revised Version
And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the heart of heaven, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness.

Webster's Bible Translation
And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire to the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.

World English Bible
You came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire to the heart of the sky, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness.

Young's Literal Translation
and ye draw near and stand under the mountain, and the mountain is burning with fire unto the heart of the heavens -- darkness, cloud, yea, thick darkness

* Deuteronomy 5:23

And it came to pass, when ye heard the voice out of the midst of the darkness, for the mountain did burn with fire, that ye came near unto me, even all the heads of your tribes, and your elders;

* Deuteronomy 12:2

Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:

* 9 But take care and watch yourselves closely, so as neither to forget the things that your eyes have seen nor to let them slip from your mind all the days of your life; make them known to your children and your children's children— 10 how you once stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, when the Lord said to me, "Assemble the people for me, and I will let them hear my words, so that they may learn to fear me as long as they live on the earth, and may teach their children so"; 11 you approached and stood at the foot of the mountain while the mountain was blazing up to the very heavens, shrouded in dark clouds. 12 Then the Lord spoke to you out of the fire. You heard the sound of words but saw no form; there was only a voice.

* 23 So be careful not to forget the covenant that the Lord your God made with you, and not to make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything that the Lord your God has forbidden you. 24 For the Lord your God is a devouring fire, a jealous God.

Interesting reference to Egypt:

* 19 And when you look up to the heavens and see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, do not be led astray and bow down to them and serve them, things that the Lord your God has allotted to all the peoples everywhere under heaven. 20 But the Lord has taken you and brought you out of the iron-smelter, out of Egypt, to become a people of his very own possession, as you are now.

* 33 Has any people ever heard the voice of a god speaking out of a fire, as you have heard, and lived? 34 Or has any god ever attempted to go and take a nation for himself from the midst of another nation, by trials, by signs and wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and by terrifying displays of power, as the Lord your God did for you in Egypt before your very eyes? 35 To you it was shown so that you would acknowledge that the Lord is God; there is no other besides him. 36 From heaven he made you hear his voice to discipline you. On earth he showed you his great fire, while you heard his words coming out of the fire.

--------

Part 4:

How about some other sources:

* From Micah 1:4: "And the mountains shall be melted under him, and the valleys shall be cleft, as wax before the fire, as waters that are poured down a steep place."

* Judges 5:5 The mountains melted from before the LORD, even that Sinai from before the LORD God of Israel.

* Ezekiel 38:20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

* Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

* Hosea 4:13 They sacrifice upon the tops of the mountains, and burn incense upon the hills, under oaks and poplars and elms, because the shadow thereof is good: therefore your daughters shall commit whoredom, and your spouses shall commit adultery.

* Kings (19.8): There on the mountain, Yahweh passed by in wind, earthquake, and fire

Zechariah Chapter 2

5 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

Corinthians Chapter 3

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Matthew Chapter 3

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

It's clearly a Volcano/Fire religion/cult. And it's the same cult in which you have gotten your 10 commandments from. This is a pretty damn good video of GOD is mostly described as in the bible:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/142851/abc-wo ... -the-globe

-----

Part 5:

Curious about disease, famine, pesty insects ect?.. Well, that all relates to Volcanic Activity and it's aftermath as well:

1. (exodus 7:14–25˄) water turned to blood killing all fish and other water life. (Dam)

http://elainemeinelsupkis.typepad.com/e ... nel_s.html
http://scientopia.org/blogs/thisscienti ... u-volcano/

2. (exodus 8:1–8:15˄) frogs (Tsifardeah)
3. (exodus 8:16–19˄) lice (Kinim)
4. (exodus 8:20–30˄) flies (Arov)
5. (exodus 9:1–7˄) disease on livestock (Dever)
6. (exodus 9:8–12˄) unhealable boils (Shkhin)
7. (exodus 9:13–35˄) hail and thunder (Barad)
8. (exodus 10:1–20˄) locusts (Arbeh)
9. (exodus 10:21–29˄) darkness (Choshech)
10. (exodus 11˄,12˄) death of the first-born of all humans and animals who do not have marked doorposts. (Makat b'chorot)

http://www.africanews.com/site/DRC_Volc ... ages/29104

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/volcanoes/facts.asp
TheJackel

Name: Will

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Theism