Evil CAIR orders Texas library to OBEY!!

Islam forcing its way upon the USA

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Evil CAIR orders Texas library to OBEY!!

#1  Postby Obbop » Nov 09, 2018 3:40 pm

https://cairdfw.org/cair-dfw-applauds-p ... diversity/

"Americans concerned about free speech should stand up to CAIR and contact the Plano library for a return of Holy Terror to the catalog, a book that many may want to examine following CAIR’s public opposition. Middle East Forum president Daniel Pipes has labeled censorship of speech about Islam as “Rushdie Rules.” Such suppression should have no place in a public library. Readers should form their own opinions about Holy Terror, Islam, and Islamism without any de facto fatwa from CAIR."

Beware the evil that is CAIR. Patriots. Beware the enemy that has infiltrated and infested the USA. Who are THOSE INVADERS of the USA to ORDER libraries to remove a book placing their evil CULT in a bad light? The Founders would fight battles before submitting to that barbarian horde!!!
Obbop

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Evil CAIR orders Texas library to OBEY!!

#2  Postby Blackadder » Nov 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Wait! What? CAIR has the power to ORDER libraries to remove texts? Really? When was this amendment to the constitution passed?
And when was the USA invaded? Are these not US citizens you are referring to?

I don’t give a rat’s ass about CAIR’s agenda. But wild rants about them are not painting a good picture of you either.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby laklak » Nov 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Somehow I can't see anyone in the Lone Star State (aka the Fuck You state) giving a half a rat shit what CAIR thinks or says.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Blackadder wrote:Wait! What? CAIR has the power to ORDER libraries to remove texts? Really? When was this amendment to the constitution passed?
And when was the USA invaded? Are these not US citizens you are referring to?

I don’t give a rat’s ass about CAIR’s agenda. But wild rants about them are not painting a good picture of you either.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

:this:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Animavore » Nov 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Who?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Nov 09, 2018 9:41 pm

I second that.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Seabass » Nov 09, 2018 10:54 pm

"The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." ―H.L. Mencken

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." —Einstein
"I’m a nationalist." —Trump
Seabass

Name: Typical Macho American

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Obbop wrote:https://cairdfw.org/cair-dfw-applauds-plano-librarys-commitment-to-diversity/

"Americans concerned about free speech should stand up to CAIR and contact the Plano library for a return of Holy Terror to the catalog, a book that many may want to examine following CAIR’s public opposition. Middle East Forum president Daniel Pipes has labeled censorship of speech about Islam as “Rushdie Rules.” Such suppression should have no place in a public library. Readers should form their own opinions about Holy Terror, Islam, and Islamism without any de facto fatwa from CAIR."

From your linked article:

Earlier this month, Plano Muslim community members sent photos of the graphic novel “Holy Terror” by Frank Miller via Facebook to CAIR-DFW and asked the organization to see what can be done about the book’s inclusion in the public library.

CAIR-DFW Executive Director John Janney reached out to the library to see if there were any standards, policies or code of ethics that the publicly funded library followed when faced with publications that dehumanize or marginalize minorities — especially when those publications are targeted at children.

After a short conversation with a library representative about the library’s screening process, the library reviewed the graphic novel and agreed to withdraw it from circulation.

It's funny how people who pretend to stand for free speech are so against anyone they hate practicing free speech, especially when it doesn't go their way. Looks like the only one with a de-facto fatwa is you.

Beware the evil that is CAIR. Patriots. Beware the enemy that has infiltrated and infested the USA. Who are THOSE INVADERS of the USA to ORDER libraries to remove a book placing their evil CULT in a bad light? The Founders would fight battles before submitting to that barbarian horde!!!

Thanks for your brain-dead rant. Also, welcome to the forum.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Matt_B » Nov 11, 2018 2:17 am

Although clearly not an issue of censorship, and I'm glad that others have cleared that up, I'd still be a bit miffed that the library chose to pull the book.

It's Frank Miller's worst book by a mile, and is going to come across as flat-out batshit to people unaware of its context against the author's other work, the history of propaganda comics, and its troubled and protracted development that saw it moving from a Batman comic to one published independently with entirely different characters. And even those who get where it's coming from and can see it as the almost entirely black-and-white (both in colour and moral tones) fable that it is, are likely to think that it misses the mark.

But still, there's a discussion to be had about it, and in a country where border walls and Muslim bans are now mainstream policies, I'd think that the ability to distinguish between real people and comic book villains could potentially be quite useful. No doubt, this action will spur a lot of people to seek out the book and read it, and I'd be rather hoping that they can do so with at least something of a critical eye.
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#10  Postby laklak » Nov 11, 2018 2:42 am

You expect nuance from a country that bans Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer as racist?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Matt_B » Nov 11, 2018 3:08 am

laklak wrote:You expect nuance from a country that bans Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer as racist?

Naah, not really.

I still consider this to be the low point in American literary publishing though:

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/archiv ... -narcissus
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Alan B » Nov 11, 2018 1:20 pm

CAIR - Council for American Islamic Relations. I had to look it up.

I thought it stood for 'Cunts - All Ignorant Republicans'. :whistle:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 15, 2019 12:15 am

Obbop wrote:https://cairdfw.org/cair-dfw-applauds-plano-librarys-commitment-to-diversity/

What an odd post.

You offer a link which says:

CAIR-DFW Executive Director John Janney reached out to the library to see if there were any standards, policies or code of ethics that the publicly funded library followed when faced with publications that dehumanize or marginalize minorities — especially when those publications are targeted at children.

After a short conversation with a library representative about the library’s screening process, the library reviewed the graphic novel and agreed to withdraw it from circulation.

But from that apparently civilized and adult manner of conversing and coming to an agreement, you've read it as if CAIR forced a library to obey - your own words!

Then you go on to make it sound like Muslims are violent invaders and a barbarian horde. Looks pretty bigoted to me.

Glad you only made one post, because we don't need people like this here. It's a forum for reason, not for manufactured hatred born out of racist, bigoted fear-mongering.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#14  Postby theropod » Apr 15, 2019 2:19 am

Boom! There it is. Spear through the heart.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby I'm With Stupid » Apr 16, 2019 3:41 am

Frank Miller on Holy Terror in 2018:

"When I look at Holy Terror, which I really don’t do all that often, I can really feel the anger ripple out of the pages... I don’t want to wipe out chapters of my own biography. But I’m not capable of that book again."
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Svartalf » Apr 16, 2019 9:13 am

Alan B wrote:CAIR - Council for American Islamic Relations. I had to look it up.

I thought it stood for 'Cunts - All Ignorant Republicans'. :whistle:

looks like the two are not mutually exclusive, though.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Return to Theism