Heads up Distillers infesting Ratz

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Heads up Distillers infesting Ratz

#1  Postby klazmon » Mar 02, 2010 3:31 am

Anyone remember "The Distillers" from RDF who got banned for sockpuppetry. He claimed that humans have a 'godsense' which doesn't work in agnostics and atheists because they are wicked. Appears he has found his way onto ratz.
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Heads up Distillers infesting Ratz

#2  Postby riddlemethis » Mar 02, 2010 3:38 am

klazmon wrote:Anyone remember "The Distillers" from RDF who got banned for sockpuppetry. He claimed that humans have a 'godsense' which doesn't work in agnostics and atheists because they are wicked. Appears he has found his way onto ratz.

Quick get over there and erase all the links to here. Either that or we need the mods to agree the user agreement doesn't apply to him, because talking sense doesn't work, so abuse would be all that's left to us! :crazy:
I told the priest, don't count on any second coming. God got his ass kicked the first time he came down here slumming. - Concrete Blonde

Reason is the servant of the passions - David Hume

You got to be Jesus crazy to pull a move like that. - Victor T
riddlemethis

Female

Print view this post

#3  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 02, 2010 6:05 am

riddlemethis wrote:
klazmon wrote:Anyone remember "The Distillers" from RDF who got banned for sockpuppetry. He claimed that humans have a 'godsense' which doesn't work in agnostics and atheists because they are wicked. Appears he has found his way onto ratz.

Quick get over there and erase all the links to here. Either that or we need the mods to agree the user agreement doesn't apply to him, because talking sense doesn't work, so abuse would be all that's left to us! :crazy:

I remember carefully leading him to a point where he buried his own argument.... and then he started asserting such nonsense that his offerings soon became commonplace quotes on people's signatures! :grin:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby statichaos » Mar 02, 2010 6:06 am

I was in that thread.

Ugh.

Never again. NEVER.
statichaos

Print view this post

#5  Postby riddlemethis » Mar 02, 2010 6:08 am

So if he shows up here can we vote him off the island?? Puhleeeeeeeze. :waah:
I told the priest, don't count on any second coming. God got his ass kicked the first time he came down here slumming. - Concrete Blonde

Reason is the servant of the passions - David Hume

You got to be Jesus crazy to pull a move like that. - Victor T
riddlemethis

Female

Print view this post

#6  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 02, 2010 7:07 am

riddlemethis wrote:So if he shows up here can we vote him off the island?? Puhleeeeeeeze. :waah:

Can we run rings round him first? He'll get so dizzy he'll chuck out a few new signatures for us! :smoke:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby hackenslash » Mar 02, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm with Spearthrower. Clean slate for all, especially since we really need some good target practice now. We've all gotten rusty in the week off. :teef:
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Varangian » Mar 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Chomping at the bit, eh? ;)

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Gawdzilla » Mar 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Guys, when chew-toys are scarce I'm going to bring this thread up to the top. Enjoy 'em while you got 'em, they're a dyin' breed.
Chief Engineer on the Derail Express.

Geoff wrote:Not that I've anything against paedophilia, but it does leave one open to accusations of catholicism...

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#10  Postby lordshipmayhem » Mar 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Actually, I'm looking forward to Cali coming up with another of his patented multi-post smackdowns, complete with enough references to sink the Bismarck and too much mathematics to fit on a large-size monitor.
"It is not science that is arrogant: science can be defined as ‘humility before the facts’ — it is those who refuse to submit to testing and make unsubstantiated claims that are arrogant. Arrogant and unjust." - Stephen Fry
lordshipmayhem

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Moonwatcher » Mar 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Not sure but I think, just before the RD forum went down, someone 'resurrected' a thread he started where he fell back on what I think is the ultimate fundamentalist argument ( I think it was him), that Christian experiences of "God" are valid and the fact that other religions experience their gods too proves nothing as to all of them just being psychological experiences. You see, the devil generates those false experiences in other religions while the Christian experience is valid. Oh, I think he also deceives you when you read the Bible, making you think you see contradictions. This devil guy sure is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=0SLifea3NHQ&feature=fvw

The joke right at the end gets cut off but the joke is that the husband in the joke is a minister.
We're holograms projected by a scientist riding on the back of an elephant in a garden imagined by a goose in a snow globe on the mantel of a fireplace imagined in a book in the dreams of a child sleeping in his mother's lap.
Moonwatcher

Male

Print view this post

Return to Theism