Information Theory, Complexity, & Dawkins' 747 (help?)

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Information Theory, Complexity, & Dawkins' 747 (help?)

#161  Postby Jireh » Jul 23, 2010 1:48 am

Oldskeptic wrote:
I must have missed this overwhelming scientific evidence for God’s existence, Can you provided me with a link or two? Or even a coherent explanation in your own words.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.com/does-go ... god-t5.htm

the evidence is there for those who have eyes to see.

God doesn’t force himself upon us. He has given evidence of Himself which is sufficiently clear for those with an open mind and an open heart, but sufficiently vague so as to not to compel those who hearts are closed. The great French mathematical genius Blaise Pascal, who came to know God through Jesus Christ at the age of 31, put it this way:

Willing to appear openly to those who seek him with all their heart, and to be hidden from those who flee from him with all their heart, God so regulates the knowledge of himself that he has given indications of himself which are visible to those who seek him and not to those who do not seek him. There is enough light for those to see who only desire to see, and enough obscurity for those who have a contrary disposition.

!
MODNOTE
The report regarding this post has been dealt with and closed.

Durro
Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#162  Postby DaveD » Jul 23, 2010 1:49 am

Jireh wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
I must have missed this overwhelming scientific evidence for God’s existence, Can you provided me with a link or two? Or even a coherent explanation in your own words.

the evidence is there for those who have eyes to see.

God doesn’t force himself upon us. He has given evidence of Himself which is sufficiently clear for those with an open mind and an open heart, but sufficiently vague so as to not to compel those who hearts are closed. The great French mathematical genius Blaise Pascal, who came to know God through Jesus Christ at the age of 31, put it this way:

Willing to appear openly to those who seek him with all their heart, and to be hidden from those who flee from him with all their heart, God so regulates the knowledge of himself that he has given indications of himself which are visible to those who seek him and not to those who do not seek him. There is enough light for those to see who only desire to see, and enough obscurity for those who have a contrary disposition.

This is just preaching.
DaveD

Name: Dave Davis
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#163  Postby Jireh » Jul 23, 2010 2:00 am

DaveD wrote:
This is just preaching.

have a look at the linked website, and then i want see you write again, its just preaching.....
Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#164  Postby DaveD » Jul 23, 2010 2:02 am

Jireh wrote:
DaveD wrote:
This is just preaching.

have a look at the linked website, and then i want see you write again, its just preaching.....

Yep, still just preaching. Oh, and bullshit.
DaveD

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#165  Postby Oldskeptic » Jul 23, 2010 2:13 am

Jireh wrote:
God doesn’t force himself upon us. He has given evidence of Himself which is sufficiently clear for those with an open mind and an open heart, but sufficiently vague so as to not to compel those who hearts are closed.

That is all well and good, but I thought we were talking about scientific evidence,

Jireh wrote:
Evidence for God's existence got that overwhelming with progress of scientific research, i am wondering why atheist are not getting really ashamed for holding such a irrational, and ridicoulous position, of no God existing.

You did post this didn’t you? So, where is the evidence that scientific evidence for God’s existence has gotten overwhelming?
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#166  Postby Jireh » Jul 23, 2010 2:20 am

Oldskeptic wrote:
You did post this didn’t you? So, where is the evidence that scientific evidence for God’s existence has gotten overwhelming?

Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#167  Postby DaveD » Jul 23, 2010 2:26 am

Jireh wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:

It's BOLLOCKS!
We've seen this crap before, including the videos, they're old hat. The "arguments" in that first post in your link are even older and just as disreputable. Just baseless assertions and syllogisms masquerading as logic, that have been debunked many times before.
DaveD

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#168  Postby Jireh » Jul 23, 2010 2:39 am

DaveD wrote:
Jireh wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:

It's BOLLOCKS!
We've seen this crap before, including the videos, they're old hat. The "arguments" in that first post in your link are even older and just as disreputable. Just baseless assertions and syllogisms masquerading as logic, that have been debunked many times before.

ink on paper is material, its information, which is written with ink, is essentially non material. While material things cannot be destroid, ( mass , matter , energy ) , information can be destroid, therefore information is non material. Someone can write a new complicated formula on a whiteboard and then erase the formula. This is a case of creating and destroying information.

there we come to the proof, which atheists cannot top :

Information cannot originate through chance plus time , no matter how many chances or how much time is available. There is no known process, and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter. Information can come only from a mind. Every information can be tracked backward, to a mind. All new information we can detect on earth, always comes from human beings. Since DNA is coded Information, dna was created by a mind.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.com/darwin- ... t-t283.htm

On the one side, we find the real world of objects, events, and tensional spacetime relations. On the other side, we find fully abstract representations that contain information about the material world. That articulate information is abstracted first by our senses, secondarily by our bodily actions, and tertiarily by our ability to use one or more particular languages . Between the two realms we find what appears to be an uncrossable gulf.

!
MODNOTE

Durro
Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#169  Postby hotshoe » Jul 23, 2010 3:07 am

So, no deal on the source of the quotes, then ?

Too bad.
Now, when I talked to God I knew he'd understand
He said, "Stick by my side and I'll be your guiding hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to"
hotshoe

United States (us)
Print view this post

#170  Postby Jireh » Jul 23, 2010 3:15 am

hotshoe wrote:So, no deal on the source of the quotes, then ?

Too bad.

Too bad is........

with only the argument of information, atheism is debunked....
Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#171  Postby RPizzle » Jul 23, 2010 3:20 am

Jireh wrote:
DaveD wrote:
Jireh wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:

It's BOLLOCKS!

ink on paper is material, its information, which is written with ink, is essentially non material. While material things cannot be destroid, ( mass , matter , energy ) , information can be destroid, therefore information is non material. Someone can write a new complicated formula on a whiteboard and then erase the formula. This is a case of creating and destroying information.

Information cannot originate through chance plus time , no matter how many chances or how much time is available. There is no known process, and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter. Information can come only from a mind. Every information can be tracked backward, to a mind. All new information we can detect on earth, always comes from human beings. Since DNA is coded Information, dna was created by a mind.

On the one side, we find the real world of objects, events, and tensional spacetime relations. On the other side, we find fully abstract representations that contain information about the material world. That articulate information is abstracted first by our senses, secondarily by our bodily actions, and tertiarily by our ability to use one or more particular languages . Between the two realms we find what appears to be an uncrossable gulf.

The entire top part of this post (before the link) is stolen from AiG. Plagiarism from AiG...cute.

You write: Someone can write a new complicated formula on a whiteboard and then erase the formula. This is a case of creating and destroying information.

AiG wrote: However, someone can write a new complicated formula on a whiteboard and then erase the formula. This is a case of creating and destroying information.

You wrote: Information cannot originate through chance plus time , no matter how many chances or how much time is available. There is no known process, and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter.

AiG wrote: Information cannot originate in statistical processes. (Chance plus time cannot create information no matter how many chances or how much time is available.)
There is no known law of nature, no known process, and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter.7

You wrote: Every information can be tracked backward, to a mind.

AiG wrote: Any given chain of information can be traced backward to an intelligent source.

Reported.

Source: http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... -a-creator
RPizzle

Print view this post

#172  Postby hotshoe » Jul 23, 2010 3:23 am

Jireh wrote:
hotshoe wrote:So, no deal on the source of the quotes, then ?

Too bad.

Too bad is........

with only the argument of information, atheism is debunked....
Fuck that nonsense, Jireh.

Do you have a definition of information ? You should, there are plenty of resources available, even just here on this forum.

Now, using that definition of information, demonstrate that information does NOT increase when a gene duplicates and undergoes subsequent mutation of one copy.

If you can't do that, then you're just bullshitting.

You're the one who has got nothing. Nothing but worthless faith in a non-existent god. But there's still time for you to learn something, if you're actually here to discuss and learn rather than to spill mindless stolen preaching at us.
hotshoe

United States (us)
Print view this post

#173  Postby DaveD » Jul 23, 2010 3:24 am

RPizzle wrote:
Assholes in Genesis wrote:Any given chain of information can be traced backward to an intelligent source.

Or perhaps, in this case, not!
DaveD

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#174  Postby Jireh » Jul 23, 2010 3:25 am

right.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.com/origin- ... r-t287.htm

atheism debunked. cute.

!
MODNOTE

Durro
Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#175  Postby Oldskeptic » Jul 23, 2010 3:26 am

Oldskeptic wrote:

Jireh wrote:

Those are all philosophical arguments for the existence of God not scientific evidence. And not any one of them are new.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#176  Postby hotshoe » Jul 23, 2010 3:27 am

RPizzle wrote:
Jireh wrote:
DaveD wrote:
Jireh wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:

It's BOLLOCKS!

The entire top part of this post (before the link) is stolen from AiG. Plagiarism from AiG...cute.

You write: Someone can write a new complicated formula on a whiteboard and then erase the formula. This is a case of creating and destroying information.

AiG wrote: However, someone can write a new complicated formula on a whiteboard and then erase the formula. This is a case of creating and destroying information.

You wrote: Information cannot originate through chance plus time , no matter how many chances or how much time is available. There is no known process, and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter.

AiG wrote: Information cannot originate in statistical processes. (Chance plus time cannot create information no matter how many chances or how much time is available.)
There is no known law of nature, no known process, and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter.7

You wrote: Every information can be tracked backward, to a mind.

AiG wrote: Any given chain of information can be traced backward to an intelligent source.

Reported.

Source: http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... -a-creator

Aww, fuck, get this Jireh character out of here before I ... something ...something ... against the FUA.

Fuck, I HATE the fact that we have to tolerate his existence before the moderators suspend his ass for his violations.

But you know, it's so sad that it's funny, Jireh had to steal from AiG. AiG. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hotshoe

United States (us)
Print view this post

#177  Postby RPizzle » Jul 23, 2010 3:29 am

So you don't think there is anything a bit immoral about plagiarism? You tried passing off another site's work as your own by actively changing the wording around so it wouldn't be super obvious. Very Christian.
RPizzle

Print view this post

#178  Postby Jireh » Jul 23, 2010 3:33 am

RPizzle wrote:

So you don't think there is anything a bit immoral about plagiarism? You tried passing off another site's work as your own by actively changing the wording around so it wouldn't be super obvious. Very Christian.

Sure. I was terribly immoral. I confess it.

But the worst immorality is not to aknowledge to the creator the honor he deserves.

DNA is a information storage mechanism, which stores coded information.

Information has as origin always a mind.

Therefore, DNA was created by a mind.

atheism debunked. Period.
Jireh
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#179  Postby RPizzle » Jul 23, 2010 3:34 am

Jireh wrote:
RPizzle wrote:

Sure. I was terribly immoral. I confess it.

But the worst immorality is not to aknowledge to the creator the honor he deserves.

DNA is a information storage mechanism, which stores coded information.

Information has as origin always a mind.

Therefore, DNA was created by a mind.

atheism debunked. Period.

:coffee:

So, you got any evidence there chief that doesn't amount to a convoluted thought experiment?
RPizzle

Print view this post

#180  Postby CookieJon » Jul 23, 2010 3:35 am

Jireh wrote:the evidence is there for those who have eyes to see.

God doesn’t force himself upon us. He has given evidence of Himself which is sufficiently clear for those with an open mind and an open heart.

Evidence is required by those who don't have faith. Jireh has revealed himself to be without faith, and has thus turned himself into a scientist, seeking empirical evidence to support his hypothesis of what god might be like.

The problem is that just as Jireh does not understand faith, he does not understand science either, and clearly fails to see that the evidence he thinks he has found is deeply flawed.
Last edited by CookieJon on Jul 23, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CookieJon
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism