Is belief or behaviour more important in religion?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Is belief or behaviour more important in religion?

#381  Postby Shrunk » Aug 27, 2016 12:11 am

kyrani99 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:However once you start working as an activist like me and stand against them and move to expose them then they come out of the woodwork.

That suggests to me that you probably need them a lot more than they need you.

Need of evil people? Rubbish. I mean to expose them and see them perish. :cheers:
They need me like they need a hole in the head. I am the enemy.

If they really existed, you'd be the best ally they had. What with your convincing everyone they don't exist with your ridiculous arguments.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#382  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 27, 2016 6:48 am

kyrani99 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:However once you start working as an activist like me and stand against them and move to expose them then they come out of the woodwork.

Need of evil people? Rubbish. I mean to expose them and see them perish. :cheers:

Evil people operate with false flags and methods that keep them in the shadows. Most people never even suspect that they exist. However once I was told about them and how they operate I began to warn others. This of course was an anathema to them so they then moved to start a war against me. Of course I am able to see them now, whereas before my husband told me about them I, like most other people, never had a clue.

"Evil cannot be defeated in the world. It can only be resisted in oneself." -- Master Po

Granted, Master Po is a fictional character whose reason for existing was to recite stuff that sounds like wisdom. Nevertheless, the character of Caine in that TV series was to wander from place to place and confront evil stuff that would inevitably start to happen once he showed up. This gave a motivation to flash back to scenes involving Master Po. The points are that Caine didn't have to go looking for trouble, since trouble was written into the script, and that your life isn't a TV show. Even Jules Winnfield, another fictional character, became motivated to give up being a hit man and wander the earth, after being inspired by Caine's example. Does art imitate life, or what? As Clu Gulager's character (Federal Agent) said to Ed and Diana in Into The Night when Ed asked "Are we under arrest, or what?", "I'd say you fall into the 'or what' category." Art imitates art, and genius is found in a capacity to disguise your sources, or (barring that) to pick recognized geniuses to imitate.

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers." -- Jules Winnfield
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#383  Postby Shrunk » Aug 27, 2016 11:28 am

I loved Kung Fu as a kid. I wonder how it stands up.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#384  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Thommo wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Thommo wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

Here is where you distinctly make the point of racism.
Many times I have said of myself to others after a long day at the beach "I reckon I've tanned up real well today"!
My attitude was that if I was going to be called blackie and dago and other racist remarks why not look as dark as possible!

Err Kirani. I distinctly don't.

I know you said your English is poor, but you really need to read this more thoroughly if you think that accuses you of racism, it's an explanation of pronouns, one that you really ought to understand well. "he" and "I" mean completely different things.

So has every Southern European! Same racial hatred as was leveled against Africans and Asian has also been leveled against Greeks and Italians. Nothing different. You are the racist.

Kirani, you and Shrunk had a dispute over whether your comment had been racist. Whilst I expressed no view on that I am not pretending that I was not aware of this fact and nor should you be. You expressed rather a stupid view that you couldn't have been being racist because you're a Greek Australian who'd had partners of differing ethnicities (oddly you identified the stupidity of this reasoning yourself when someone put it in terms of an analogy with misogyny, which may be telling) and this apparently gives you comparable experiences of racism to those that African Americans face or something equally silly.

That quote you've marked in red there does not say "you are a racist". It does not imply "you are a racist". It points out that the experience of African Americans in terms of racism is very different to your own and you are not entitled to make assumptions about, nor speak on behalf of their experience. I do not accept the commonalities that you appeal to. The history of slavery, segregation and discrimination in the US is a profound political and psychological force.

Frankly, it hardly seems controversial to say that African Americans have been subjected to a long history of racial prejudice. It's probably one of the most peculiar statements I've ever seen picked out for disputation on these boards, and that's saying something.

The history (in the making) of slavery, segregation and discrimination of Greece and the Greek people by Germany in particular, who is a puppet of US commercial exploitative interests, is a profound political and psychological force.
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Name: Kyrani Eade
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#385  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Shrunk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:

If they really existed, you'd be the best ally they had. What with your convincing everyone they don't exist with your ridiculous arguments.

Not my arguments but the mythology that is propagated by many sectors in society but prominent among them is western medicine and psychiatry in particular, that insists that they don't exist.
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#386  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:

Evil people operate with false flags and methods that keep them in the shadows. Most people never even suspect that they exist. However once I was told about them and how they operate I began to warn others. This of course was an anathema to them so they then moved to start a war against me. Of course I am able to see them now, whereas before my husband told me about them I, like most other people, never had a clue.

"Evil cannot be defeated in the world. It can only be resisted in oneself." -- Master Po

Granted, Master Po is a fictional character whose reason for existing was to recite stuff that sounds like wisdom. Nevertheless, the character of Caine in that TV series was to wander from place to place and confront evil stuff that would inevitably start to happen once he showed up. This gave a motivation to flash back to scenes involving Master Po. The points are that Caine didn't have to go looking for trouble, since trouble was written into the script, and that your life isn't a TV show. Even Jules Winnfield, another fictional character, became motivated to give up being a hit man and wander the earth, after being inspired by Caine's example. Does art imitate life, or what? As Clu Gulager's character (Federal Agent) said to Ed and Diana in Into The Night when Ed asked "Are we under arrest, or what?", "I'd say you fall into the 'or what' category." Art imitates art, and genius is found in a capacity to disguise your sources, or (barring that) to pick recognized geniuses to imitate.

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers." -- Jules Winnfield

Master Po go it wrong. Evil will be defeated and the evil people will perish in their millions so rapidly that mass graves the size of open cut coal mines will need to be dug to bury them.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#387  Postby Scar » Aug 27, 2016 5:22 pm

:crazy:
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#388  Postby BlackBart » Aug 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Okaay...That was as creepy as fuck.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#389  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 27, 2016 5:33 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Master Po go it wrong. Evil will be defeated and the evil people will perish in their millions so rapidly that mass graves the size of open cut coal mines will need to be dug to bury them.

Are you channeling a Calvinist hermeneutics for Revelations? 144000 elect will be spared? If not, where the fuck are you getting your information? If you don't know, I suggest putting empty coconut shells over your ears, holding a twig, and broadcasting in the blind. Maybe the cargo will come. This is right up your street, because you seem quite reluctant to acknowledge that Master Po is a cartoon character. If I got the Calvinist part wrong, try the Hobbesist part, or the JWs or something. You've got dreams of power inversely proportional to the powers you actually have.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#390  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Aug 28, 2016 1:59 am

BlackBart wrote:Okaay...That was as creepy as fuck.

:this:

Tell me some more about your fantasies about millions of people dying while claiming to be one of the good guys, kyrani99. :doh:
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#391  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Aug 28, 2016 8:10 am

kyrani99 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:

Not my arguments but the mythology that is propagated by many sectors in society but prominent among them is western medicine and psychiatry in particular, that insists that they don't exist.

Do you know what myths are kyrani? Unsubstantiated stories.
If anything qualifies as myths, it's your ever growing list assertions and mendacious lies about various medical professions.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#392  Postby Shrunk » Aug 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Tell me kyrani99: Being a psychiatrist, am I on the list of people you intend to exterminate in this planned genocide of yours? :ask:
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#393  Postby Alan B » Aug 28, 2016 2:56 pm

kyrani99 wrote:Master Po go it wrong. Evil will be defeated and the evil people will perish in their millions so rapidly that mass graves the size of open cut coal mines will need to be dug to bury them.

You are not thinking very straight, are you?

What you should have said was: "The author who wrote the words for the fictional character Master Po to say, got it wrong."

But then since it was a fiction, whether it was 'right' or 'wrong' is irrelevant. I thought you could, at least, figure that one out!
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#394  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

Are you channeling a Calvinist hermeneutics for Revelations? 144000 elect will be spared? If not, where the fuck are you getting your information? If you don't know, I suggest putting empty coconut shells over your ears, holding a twig, and broadcasting in the blind. Maybe the cargo will come. This is right up your street, because you seem quite reluctant to acknowledge that Master Po is a cartoon character. If I got the Calvinist part wrong, try the Hobbesist part, or the JWs or something. You've got dreams of power inversely proportional to the powers you actually have.

I'll do my part but that is only a small part. The reason for the failure of evil is that the humane WILL wake up and realize the truth. This means two things. One is that they no longer become affected by evil. Evil people lose their narcissistic supply and without that they can't survive, they perish. The other is that humane people have enormous spiritual and mental power and they will use it once they are awakened and see the reality. The evil will get wiped and no one needs to lift a finger to get the job done. It is all about setting directives to the universe. :)
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#395  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 28, 2016 6:16 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
BlackBart wrote:Okaay...That was as creepy as fuck.

:this:

Tell me some more about your fantasies about millions of people dying while claiming to be one of the good guys, kyrani99. :doh:

what do you want to know?
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#396  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Shrunk wrote:Tell me kyrani99: Being a psychiatrist, am I on the list of people you intend to exterminate in this planned genocide of yours? :ask:

Being a psychiatrist does NOT put you on the list. But you are in a group with possibly a majority of psychopaths, IMO. It is hard to know though because only the bad ones get a lot of press. There may be more good than bad. :dunno:
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#397  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Alan B wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:Master Po go it wrong. Evil will be defeated and the evil people will perish in their millions so rapidly that mass graves the size of open cut coal mines will need to be dug to bury them.

You are not thinking very straight, are you?

What you should have said was: "The author who wrote the words for the fictional character Master Po to say, got it wrong."

But then since it was a fiction, whether it was 'right' or 'wrong' is irrelevant. I thought you could, at least, figure that one out!

Because he is mythical doesn't mean he has no say. He may have inspired the author to write his words from the spiritual realm. :grin:
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#398  Postby Shrunk » Aug 28, 2016 6:33 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:Tell me kyrani99: Being a psychiatrist, am I on the list of people you intend to exterminate in this planned genocide of yours? :ask:

Being a psychiatrist does NOT put you on the list.

Well, that's a relief. But there is a list of people you intend to exterminate, regardless of whether I'm on it. You don't think maybe that makes you a dangerous criminal who should be locked up?
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#399  Postby Arnold Layne » Aug 28, 2016 8:20 pm

It's rather like the story of Noah, where all the evil people were drowned. Seemed like a nice story.
I'm a Pixiist
Arnold Layne

France (fr)
Print view this post

#400  Postby scott1328 » Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm

Finally, someone Mother Theresa could look up to.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism