Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

Cough it up? Ghost, God or WTF happened?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#21  Postby DougC » May 08, 2019 4:31 pm

For me, this.
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC
 
Posts: 14468
Age: 47
Male

Country: UNITED Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#22  Postby laklak » May 08, 2019 4:48 pm

This is pretty good, particularly if you've indulged in a bit of Holy Herb.
Attachments
supernatural.jpg
supernatural.jpg (47.31 KiB) Viewed 262 times
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 19646
Age: 65
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#23  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 08, 2019 5:19 pm

tuco wrote:Shows you are new here aufbahrung.

If you can read the lame trolling in the OP and think he's new here, then at least he managed to fool one person :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13239
Age: 39
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#24  Postby aufbahrung » May 08, 2019 5:21 pm

There are experiences though. If the 'common experience' is what you might say encompasses 95% of life....in the remaining 5% things happen. And perhaps they do have a rational and real origin in most cases. But the taj mahal exists not because of that 95% of reasons but something in the 5% remaining. It is real. It is a product of lost love. A abstraction away from the real and a derivative of supernatural. Poetry is the same. It isn't meant for the rational senses. Exists all the way, but of things deeply mysterious that can't be reduced to structures of grammer.
They're always out there. Never forget.
User avatar
aufbahrung
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Your Real Name
Posts: 521

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#25  Postby newolder » May 08, 2019 5:22 pm

grammar :sigh:
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 6407
Age: 8
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#26  Postby aufbahrung » May 08, 2019 5:26 pm

newolder wrote:grammar :sigh:


:sorry:
They're always out there. Never forget.
User avatar
aufbahrung
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Your Real Name
Posts: 521

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#27  Postby Hermit » May 08, 2019 5:28 pm

aufbahrung wrote:There are experiences though. If the 'common experience' is what you might say encompasses 95% of life....in the remaining 5% things happen. And perhaps they do have a rational and real origin in most cases. But the taj mahal exists not because of that 95% of reasons but something in the 5% remaining. It is real. It is a product of lost love. A abstraction away from the real and a derivative of supernatural. Poetry is the same. It isn't meant for the rational senses. Exists all the way, but of things deeply mysterious that can't be reduced to structures of grammer.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings, Crumple, but while the Taj Mahal is the product of lost love (among other things), there is no derivative from the supernatural. Even if there were, you could not possibly know.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 2485
Age: 66
Male

Country: Here
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#28  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 08, 2019 5:33 pm

aufbahrung wrote:There are experiences though. If the 'common experience' is what you might say encompasses 95% of life....in the remaining 5% things happen. And perhaps they do have a rational and real origin in most cases. But the taj mahal exists not because of that 95% of reasons but something in the 5% remaining. It is real. It is a product of lost love. A abstraction away from the real and a derivative of supernatural. Poetry is the same. It isn't meant for the rational senses. Exists all the way, but of things deeply mysterious that can't be reduced to structures of grammer.

They are products of brains, which are entirely natural, and by all indication everything they produce is natural. You just want to pretend art and emotion are magic, because otherwise you can't get anything out of them. Tell yourself whatever you need to hear, but don't be surprised when other people get along just fine without that crutch.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13239
Age: 39
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#29  Postby tuco » May 08, 2019 5:34 pm

taj mahal ?
tuco
 
Posts: 15249

Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#30  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Mona Lisa!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 13239
Age: 39
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#31  Postby tuco » May 08, 2019 5:46 pm

I guess I should build 2, maybe 3, taj mahals. Gimme few, gonna sell some loot boxes lol
tuco
 
Posts: 15249

Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#32  Postby newolder » May 08, 2019 5:48 pm

aufbahrung wrote:
newolder wrote:grammar :sigh:


:sorry:

Ok. Everything in your post or references is the product of human brains. How are human brains and/or brain products supernatural? How do you make the distinction between other natural brains and human brains?

ETA Too late, again. See SafeAsMilk.
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 6407
Age: 8
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#33  Postby Spearthrower » May 08, 2019 6:09 pm

aufbahrung wrote:There are experiences though. If the 'common experience' is what you might say encompasses 95% of life....in the remaining 5% things happen. And perhaps they do have a rational and real origin in most cases. But the taj mahal exists not because of that 95% of reasons but something in the 5% remaining. It is real. It is a product of lost love. A abstraction away from the real and a derivative of supernatural. Poetry is the same. It isn't meant for the rational senses. Exists all the way, but of things deeply mysterious that can't be reduced to structures of grammer.



This is basically word salad and you've made a number of assumptions that are not warranted in the slightest.

Whether an experience is common or not is entirely subjective. How many times have you experienced waking up in a house in a small side alley in Bangkok, then taken a motorbike taxi to work? Never? That's 0%, right? But that doesn't make my life supernatural, does it? The quality of 'supernatural' has nothing whatsoever to do with the frequency with which someone experiences it. A supernatural quantity is one that transcends the laws of nature, is not restrained by all the mundane forces operating in our universe.

A rational and real origin is incompatible with the concept of supernatural.

The Taj Mahal is not supernatural; nothing about it is. It doesn't exist because of lost love, it exists because of marble being carved, carried, and placed according to an architectural design. It 100% exists due to wholly natural causes and reasons and not one jot to anything beyond nature.

Lost love is not supernatural. It's completely natural and happens to all of us at some point in our lives. Love doesn't 'transcend' nature; it's not some external magical force leaking into our Spockian universe which occasionally penetrates and jiggles with our minds.

Poetry is 100% natural and is of course meant for the rational senses or it would incomprehensible. Structures of grammar be damned - each and every word conveys a particular meaning necessarily agreed upon implicitly between the writer and the reader, or it would incomprehensible. It conveys a feeling, perhaps not perfectly, or perhaps the receiver attaches meaning to something only they experienced, but in every regard, it's all rational, logical and wholly natural - nothing 'supernatural' is occurring at any stage.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 24403
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#34  Postby laklak » May 08, 2019 6:39 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Mona Lisa!


...men have named you, you're so like the lady with the mystic smile...
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 19646
Age: 65
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#35  Postby aufbahrung » May 08, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm just saying the supernatural might exist but the clues are subtle until you die(or beyond death). So subtle they require a slower pace of life to notice, and even then the experience of supernaturalness might be 'delusion or madness' rather than the supernatural. Because it is your own subjective experience not some commie groupthink thing.
They're always out there. Never forget.
User avatar
aufbahrung
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Your Real Name
Posts: 521

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#36  Postby aufbahrung » May 08, 2019 7:02 pm

I'm just saying the supernatural might exist but the clues are subtle until you die(or beyond death). So subtle they require a slower pace of life to notice, and even then the experience of supernaturalness might be 'delusion or madness' rather than the supernatural. Because it is your own subjective experience not some commie groupthink thing.
They're always out there. Never forget.
User avatar
aufbahrung
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Your Real Name
Posts: 521

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#37  Postby Hermit » May 08, 2019 7:04 pm

aufbahrung wrote:I'm just saying the supernatural might exist but the clues are subtle until you die(or beyond death). So subtle they require a slower pace of life to notice, and even then the experience of supernaturalness might be 'delusion or madness' rather than the supernatural. Because it is your own subjective experience not some commie groupthink thing.

There are no clues, Crumple. I'm not saying the supernatural does not exist. It's just that we have no way of knowing whether it does or not. That makes its purported existence a matter of supreme irrelevance to us.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 2485
Age: 66
Male

Country: Here
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#38  Postby laklak » May 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Yeah it might exist. Nanobot aliens could exist. Might even be running around in your brain now and you wouldn't know it. Could be, eh? God could exist. Dragons could exist. Just because nobody has ever actually seen them doesn't mean they couldn't exist, right?

I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was
Attachments
awiens.jpg
awiens.jpg (50.3 KiB) Viewed 219 times
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 19646
Age: 65
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#39  Postby aufbahrung » May 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Guess I'm playing devils advocate for folks too clever to fall for my spiel here. Don't believe in the supernatural, interested in making a credible argument more as a thought salad experiment.
They're always out there. Never forget.
User avatar
aufbahrung
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Your Real Name
Posts: 521

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Most Supernatural Experience So Far?

#40  Postby The_Piper » May 08, 2019 7:18 pm

I had a couple of instances, at least, in my teenage years. One was witnessed by around 7 or 8 of us, who were admittedly drinking and smoking the herbs. It was a clear night with a sharp view of the sky. We saw what appeared to be, from our vantage point, stars circling other stars, and some of them shot into the stars they were circling. I revcently talked to a friend who was there and he brought it up. No explanation on that. I'm pretty sure they weren't stars though.
The second incident was at some old decomissioned train tracks, where some old cars were conveniently left behind for teenagers to indulge in illicit substances and acts. :lol: Well there was a wives tale about a legless female ghost who would appear. Low and behold, she appeared. We weren't close enough to verify that it was an apparition of a human. For all I know, another kid was in on the gag, and was hiding in the bushes blowing smoke. That one's not that cool, but the stars one still confounds me. I'm pretty sure it wasn't God or aliens, but I'd like to know what it was. Satellites are the only explanation that makes sense, but that hardly does.
laklak wrote:Yeah it might exist. Nanobot aliens could exist. Might even be running around in your brain now and you wouldn't know it. Could be, eh? God could exist. Dragons could exist. Just because nobody has ever actually seen them doesn't mean they couldn't exist, right?

I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was
:rofl:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 26083
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest